Top 5 Proudest Platiniums

jorgecarpio91

Platinums I'm proud of, hm...

1. Silent Hill 2

1L8ea1ae.png

I'm a fan of Silent Hill since the first game came out on PS1. While my favorite game of the franchise is Silent Hill 3, the platinum for Silent Hill 2 is what I'm proud of the most. I think it's the most difficult platinum I've earned so far (unfortunately, it's not the rarest). Even though I've played the game so many times on PS2, it was still a lot of work to get the Green Hyper Spray. I needed several practice runs to get a perfect playthrough, and I was so happy when I had finally finished it! 

2. Final Fantasy XIV

1Lcb7178.png

I've earned the platinum a few years ago, but I'm still playing the game. It became my favorite MMORPG very quickly and I met some of my best friends there, so I'm glad I spent so much time on FFXIV. It's now an easy platinum due to the expansion packs and the high iLvl. However, that doesn't change the fact that I love the game and that I'm proud that I was able to finish it. 

3. Tales of Symphonia

1L414a5e.png

Tales of Symphonia is an important part of my gaming history. I fell in love with it when I was younger, and when the game was announced for PS3, I knew that I'd want the platinum of the game. It was a lot of work and maaaany hours went into the game, but in the end it was worth it! 

Only 3, games but I don't think there are any more games I'm really "proud" of. The games I listed mean a lot to me, so they deserve to be mentioned. I'm normally not proud of completing games but the ones on the list are exceptions. 

Edited by Izul
  • Like 2

Neverwinter ( soon i plat it tiwce cuz im a boss lul xD )

Mortal kombat X ( best beat em up on ps 4 )

Yakuza 0 ( the majhong grind was real same with few mini games )

Godzilla ( i played it few min closed aplication,after three months i decided to plat + Godzilla fan)

Nioh,Dark souls 3 ( action rpgs F T W )

Damn, all those fancy plats here :(

My most mentionable ones would probably be:

- Borderlands 2

- Steep

- Far Cry 4

And from here on it goes downhill haha

- Need for Speed Rivals

- Rocket League (100% this one though, and I am kinda decent at the game itself aswell)

Feeling like a huge pleb when looking at the majority of profiles on here lol

• Like 1

My favorite and most proud:

-Bloodbourne: I just had an amazing experience with this game the moment it was released. It also introduced me to one of my best buddies who I met basically playing this game and he and I have become pretty close friends. Lots of good memories with it.

-Madden 13: I'm always proud to plat a sports game because they seem to be rare. And this is my rarest platinum I have on this site. Rarity is at 0.26% as of this post. So I think that's cool.

-The Saboteur: I had a blast with this game and platting it was honestly a privilege. Never felt grindy to me. I was just a cool irishman smoking a cigarette and killing' Nazis.

-Far Cry 3: I was just immediately engrossed in this game from start to finish. Obviously Vaas was amazingly acted and presented and to me is still one of my favorite villains in gaming history. Never intended to plat. It just happened with how much I enjoyed the game.

-Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS3): Another one of my rarest plats at 9.44%. I actually enjoyed the Multiplayer and was fairly decent at it. Lots of my trophy hunting pals are jealous about me having it so I feel a little bit of extra accomplishment in owning it. 

1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Mostly because I didn't use a guide for the S ranks, I found the game so fun to play and experiment with I didn't mind if some attempts failed and the satisfaction I felt after my dumbass plans worked out was a pretty nice feeling. As I've said before in previous posts I'm a pretty slow player, extremely cautious and I take my time doing stuff. Since S ranks mostly depend on time I played the entire game the second time around playing the opposite way of my normal style which wasn't an easy habit to get into. Going through some of the missions and seeing how bad I did the first time round knowing I'd have to S rank it later, I swore there was no way I'd ever get this. I remember to celebrate I ran around Afghanistan on D-Horse to pop his related trophy while hurling grenades while listening to 80s pop on the cassette tapes. Definitely not the Metal Gear way :lol: 

2. Fallout 4. This beats Skyrim into second place because it was slightly more difficult. I was one of those dumbasses who never paid attention to enemies getting tougher the further South you go so my first major memory is running from Corvega after being overpowered, the platinum seems a million miles away when you're running from enemies on the verge of death. So I stayed near home, levelling up, and when I went back to Corvega and walked out the other side alive, that's when I knew I'd get the platinum. After that I kept going for the 100%. Similar to Metal Gear it was long and tough at times but definitely an enjoyable experience. 

3. Skyrim. Easier than Fallout, but the sheer amount of busywork I had to do...oh man! I began going for the platinum on my original save file, only to find I'd misplaced my Thieves Guild armour and couldn't go any further in their questline without it. So after a restart from scratch I was 13 quests in for the Oblivion Walker trophy, only to discover the quest giver for quest 14 had died :lol: So I was forced to restart a 3rd time, replay some of the main quest and finally popped Oblivion Walker for the platinum, 1300 hours of playtime after my first trophy. Another game that I went for the 100% on too because I enjoyed it so much despite the restarts. 

4. Gran Turismo 6. Not as hard as GT5 from what I've read but still a decent challenge for me, since I don't play many racing games and generally I'm appalling at driving in other games like GTA. I was on the fence about whether I'd achieve this or not until I passed the S class license test at Brands Hatch. After around eight hours of trying I finally hit the two tight right handers toward the end of the course perfectly and got my gold time requirement, that was the moment I knew if I kept trying I'd get it. 

5. No Man's Sky. Did this the hard way after the patch that made the trophy requirements a little more time consuming. In particular, the Galapagos trophy gave me the biggest headache I've ever had in my time trophy hunting. Planet after planet was left behind after spending hours on them trying to scan all the species I needed, often I'd scan all but one and at that point it's really hard to drag yourself away and accept you're not going to find it. The relief when I finally fully scanned my 10th planet after a stegosaurus looking thing stuck it's head out from behind a rock, I've never felt anything like it when playing a game. Galapagos was the one trophy I've ever earned that genuinely frustrated me. Still, looking back at it now I did get to see flying spaghetti monsters and land fish along with some awesome scenery, so the perseverance was worth it. 

Edited by FarSideOfSaturn
  • Like 1

i only have 9 plats till now, and none of them are extremely hard. but i do think most of them are fairly hard. so here is my top 5:

1: dark souls

2: final fantasy XIII

3: dragon age origins

4: final fantasy XIII-2

5: dragon age 2

(just for fun, my other 4 ones are: elder scrolls V skyrim, dungeon siege 3, darksiders, and game of thrones telltale [my only really easy one] )

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I only have 17 plats, so far. If not for online multiplayer, I'd probably have 5 more (Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood through Black Flag, and Injustice 2). That being said, here is my list.

1. Assassin’s Creed II (PS3)

My first platinum ever, and what really got me into trophy hunting, after a few stops and starts with this and other games, earned more than a year after initially starting it. Also, the game that truly drew me into the Assassin’s Creed franchise, though I did enjoy the first game (sadly, it never received an update adding trophy support).

2. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)

My second ever platinum. Earned within a few days of AC2, nearly a year after starting the game. Could have just as easily been my first, if not for a couple of the combat challenges, but those are a large reason I’m so proud of it.

3. Oddworld: New ‘N’ Tasty (PS4/PS3)

This one is on my list because it’s my rarest plat so far, and because I loved the original game back on PS1. I felt that this version did a very good job of bringing the original into the modern era, and there was enough challenge to make me work for it, but nothing over the top.

4. Rocket League (PS4)

Super fun game, and I never really felt like I was grinding out the trophies, even though I certainly did grind for a few. I still hop on every few months (usually when they release new trophies) and make an active attempt to keep it at 100%, but it doesn’t feel like a chore, despite the fact that I'm not really that good at it.

Also of note, this is my brother-in-law’s one and only platinum, and much of the trophies were earned while we were playing together (sometimes online, sometimes couch co-op/vs).

5. Table Top Racing: World Tour (PS4)

A fun little racing game that I didn’t think I’d like at first, but immensely enjoyed. The pride comes mostly from the challenge of a few of the Special Events. I could have finished it 9 months sooner, but I just never bothered grinding out the multiplayer wins until last month.

Honorable mentions

• Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
    • I enjoyed this game somewhat more than Asylum, but the challenges weren’t as tough. This was a very close contender for the top 5. I also still haven’t completed the Catwoman/Nightwing/Robin DLC ranked maps and campaigns (I should probably go do that soon).
  • Saints Row: The Third (PS3)
    • Super fun and silly game. I had a lot of fun just running around doing random stuff.
  • Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (PS4)
    • Also a really fun game, I guess I’m just a fan of the GTA-style sandbox. The combat was cool with the unique environmental interactions.

I'm going to name some games I did 100% in, otherwise this list will be mostly JRPGs.

1: Star Ocean: The Last Hope International.

Longest game I did so far, took me 550 hours but really enjoyable.

2: Catherine.

I guess this is the hardest game I did so far, as I'm not the best at puzzle games. The Tower of Babel trophies are hard until you use 2 controllers, which makes it a lot easier. Unfortunately I didn't know that until I got to stage 4.

3: Dishonored.

The base game is easy but the Dunwell City Trials are the most annoying luckbased trophies I did so far. By my hand alone had terrible rng for me, so I took a break of almost a year before I got back to it and finally got it.

4: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

Again the base game is easy but the DLC takes a looong time. Also due to luckbased treasure drops and a couple of tough trophies. This took me a month of daily boosting, luckily we had a good boosting group.

5: Tales of Symphonia.

When I first started this, I didn't like the dated graphics so I shelved it for three months. Came back to it and couldn't stop playing, and 5 playthroughs later it is my favorite Tales game to date.

• Like 1

Just two platinums, since I only have 10 platinums.
1. Brawlhalla: I'm very proud of this because of two reasons: I've been able to be in the first 50 achievers of a (Platinum) trophy for the first time, and also, I'm the first Italian to achieve the trophy, if I'm not wrong! Also, it is very rare (0.52)

2. WWE 2K18: Very very hard and grinding, some trophies were a pain in the ass, but since I am a huge WWE fan, getting the platinum was a must: and when the last trophy (Which was said to be glitched) popped, right before the platinum, I was the happiest person in the world.

On 3/31/2018 at 7:01 PM, FarSideOfSaturn said:

1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Mostly because I didn't use a guide for the S ranks, I found the game so fun to play and experiment with I didn't mind if some attempts failed and the satisfaction I felt after my dumbass plans worked out was a pretty nice feeling. As I've said before in previous posts I'm a pretty slow player, extremely cautious and I take my time doing stuff. Since S ranks mostly depend on time I played the entire game the second time around playing the opposite way of my normal style which wasn't an easy habit to get into. Going through some of the missions and seeing how bad I did the first time round knowing I'd have to S rank it later, I swore there was no way I'd ever get this. I remember to celebrate I ran around Afghanistan on D-Horse to pop his related trophy while hurling grenades while listening to 80s pop on the cassette tapes. Definitely not the Metal Gear way :lol: 

2. Fallout 4. This beats Skyrim into second place because it was slightly more difficult. I was one of those dumbasses who never paid attention to enemies getting tougher the further South you go so my first major memory is running from Corvega after being overpowered, the platinum seems a million miles away when you're running from enemies on the verge of death. So I stayed near home, levelling up, and when I went back to Corvega and walked out the other side alive, that's when I knew I'd get the platinum. After that I kept going for the 100%. Similar to Metal Gear it was long and tough at times but definitely an enjoyable experience. 

3. Skyrim. Easier than Fallout, but the sheer amount of busywork I had to do...oh man! I began going for the platinum on my original save file, only to find I'd misplaced my Thieves Guild armour and couldn't go any further in their questline without it. So after a restart from scratch I was 13 quests in for the Oblivion Walker trophy, only to discover the quest giver for quest 14 had died :lol: So I was forced to restart a 3rd time, replay some of the main quest and finally popped Oblivion Walker for the platinum, 1300 hours of playtime after my first trophy. Another game that I went for the 100% on too because I enjoyed it so much despite the restarts. 

4. Gran Turismo 6. Not as hard as GT5 from what I've read but still a decent challenge for me, since I don't play many racing games and generally I'm appalling at driving in other games like GTA. I was on the fence about whether I'd achieve this or not until I passed the S class license test at Brands Hatch. After around eight hours of trying I finally hit the two tight right handers toward the end of the course perfectly and got my gold time requirement, that was the moment I knew if I kept trying I'd get it. 

5. No Man's Sky. Did this the hard way after the patch that made the trophy requirements a little more time consuming. In particular, the Galapagos trophy gave me the biggest headache I've ever had in my time trophy hunting. Planet after planet was left behind after spending hours on them trying to scan all the species I needed, often I'd scan all but one and at that point it's really hard to drag yourself away and accept you're not going to find it. The relief when I finally fully scanned my 10th planet after a stegosaurus looking thing stuck it's head out from behind a rock, I've never felt anything like it when playing a game. Galapagos was the one trophy I've ever earned that genuinely frustrated me. Still, looking back at it now I did get to see flying spaghetti monsters and land fish along with some awesome scenery, so the perseverance was worth it. 

did you find Catherine difficult overall however? i did a play through years back while on the easiest difficulty and i kinda really sucked at the game also not being good with puzzles myself lol. i do think about revisiting time to time but not sure of my capabilities. xD 

as for the topic at hand, i don't really feel exactly proud, as i don't think about the platinum to much after obtaining it to pat myself on the back about lol. but the vita in general was a breakthrough system for me, and pushed me past my limits as i use to be one of those guys thinking about how to get quicker platinums. where now from a lot of the games i played i highly enjoy playing and getting plats. for long anime games, to me they're like watching an anime series itself so its the journey lol. 

some at the time that felt like big accomplishments were P4G, SAO HF, and tales of symphonia. tales of graces f was definitely my longest though at 224 hours, but back when i got it it was the first one with trophy support, when i played tales of games prior on past systems i focused on story and wasn't to familiar with GRADE and other mechanics. so tales of graces i made the mistake of trying to do everything on the first playthrough which made it take longer. 

14 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

did you find Catherine difficult overall however? i did a play through years back while on the easiest difficulty and i kinda really sucked at the game also not being good with puzzles myself lol. i do think about revisiting time to time but not sure of my capabilities. xD 

@BakkerJ Think this question was for you but my post was quoted by mistake. @RJP_X if I ever do play Catherine I'll come back and let you know :lol: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FarSideOfSaturn said:

@BakkerJ Think this question was for you but my post was quoted by mistake. @RJP_X if I ever do play Catherine I'll come back and let you know :lol: 

thanks for doing that for me, i thought i was quoting him! oops. xD well i gave you a reception boost for your troubles lol! 

• Like 1

1. Flame Over

My first platinum but I loved the game. Someday I will buy the vita version as well.

2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered

Damn I hate that plane, took me only 1000 times to finally finish it and I really do feel proud that I finally got the nice platinum of this one.

3. Dying Light

I just love zombies and this one was really a lot of fun.

4. Tropico 5

Because it is a rare plat, not sure why that is, I found it actually prety easy

5. F1 2016

Not really a F1 fan but a casual race fan, the pro carreer was not easy at all so it deserves my #5 of proudest platinums

Lets see.. 

Uncharted 1 - I was thinking about hunting platinum and not sure if I could do it. I tried this platinum out was really happy when I got it.

Bloodborne - Kind of the same story. I felt like I hadn't done any tough platinums. So I went for this. I just went back to 100% it. I thought I would just do the DLC, but I played through almost all of the base game again too. So good.

Alien Isolation - I had loads if fun with it and thought it was quite good. So many tense moments. Really felt like I had accomplished something at the end of everything.

The Last of Us - All around its a great game and I was sad to have it be at 5% when I played it all the way through casually twice before. Trophy list is kind of bullshit, all or nothing on collectibles.

Horizon Zero Dawn - this is just a really well made game and I enjoyed almost everything about it. Need to go back for the DLC stuff and the new game +

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2G53 said:

Lets see.. 

Uncharted 1 - I was thinking about hunting platinum and not sure if I could do it. I tried this platinum out was really happy when I got it.

I just got the Uncharted 1 platinium, boooooy was crushing difficult hard... finding it MUCH easier now that I am completing the game on crushing for uncharted 2 and 3!

2 minutes ago, jorge_carpio88 said:

I just got the Uncharted 1 platinium, boooooy was crushing difficult hard... finding it MUCH easier now that I am completing the game on crushing for uncharted 2 and 3!

It definitely is a challenge. They let you use cheats in UC4 though. So crushing is very easy.