Nearly 700 hours and I still haven't got all the crowns

kerck11

On 4/29/2018 at 8:40 PM, Eylside said:

keep going u will eventually get them. i did also struggle for a long time. my last 2 were small kirin and big black diablos. just look at the time stamps. something that motivated me was the fact that most monster crowns show up on the range of 50 to 90 kills. so i was just spaming investigations until i got them. i didnt bother to measure monsters anymore and it worked way better by just killing everything. i just looked at the number and i was like 70 kills i will soon get it and i got the crown a few kills later.

https://i.imgur.com/2hVRICt.png

Right now, I killed at least 170 Nerg and no giant crown. Piling up investigations is boring and so I decided to do the tempered elder missions I saved just in case I got bored and wanted to do some shit (in which happened) and I obtained mini crown Kirin, Daora and Teostra and giant crown Teostra

What left is Giant Crown Kirin, Nerg and Daora. I played this game once in a while because I'm almost at 800 hours so yeah FUCK my life

• Like 2

Sorry I can't be any help but I'd like to add, I can 100% see why he's really pissed with the game as 800 hours is so much time with little pay off in return. I want to play the same too but the amount of hours you need to put into it, that's pretty daunting and i know I'd eventually get sick and tired of grinding on A game so much at some point 

• Like 2

I would wait and see if they release events with increased crown drops for said monster. The spring event was a god send, it allowed me to get all crowns large and mini for those monsters. i am sure they will bring many more events like that in future. Just watch out for updates, play other games, dont get to wrapped up about trophies, try and change your mindset take break come back to it. 

My tip for really monotonous or grindy parts in games is to grab a laptop or tablet and put on a movie. It really makes grindy games that much more bearable.

4 hours ago, VaNiDgE said:

I would wait and see if they release events with increased crown drops for said monster. The spring event was a god send, it allowed me to get all crowns large and mini for those monsters. i am sure they will bring many more events like that in future. Just watch out for updates, play other games, dont get to wrapped up about trophies, try and change your mindset take break come back to it. 

My tip for really monotonous or grindy parts in games is to grab a laptop or tablet and put on a movie. It really makes grindy games that much more bearable.

That's what I'm doing right now. But I play once in a while and try to pile up investigations and finish it on my days off.

I don't want to worry about this piece of shit of a game. I loved this at first but it got so boring grinding for crowns and get nothing out of it. 

Edited by kerck11
  • Like 1

I really hope they'll bring crown events for Elders and Black Diablos. So sick of killing them all (save for Nergi whom I miraculously have gotten both Crowns in 20 or so kills for) and people rarely host something like Kirin and I've got barely any investigations for it either.

Looking at current schedule it seems it's huge Nergi in arena challenges for some SF collaboration, so good for those who need it.

• Like 1

What makes me huffy sometimes is you will get a truly Ginormous monster and you are sure "that's the one" and its not, or its gigantics but its the smallest monster you have hunted but not small enough to be a mini. 

I swear the other day I fought a Black Diablos which was humongous measured him, and the bend on his leg was above the barrel. Nope was not meant to be, was salty as hell. 

8 minutes ago, kerck11 said:

Got the plat, slayed 190 Nerg and 61 Daora. Finally I can be at peace unless they release dlc with trophies then I'm fcked

I was reading all yours comments and I felt the pain within you. Congratulations, trully, you are a legend for enduring for so long! 

10 hours ago, bpmotard said:

I was reading all yours comments and I felt the pain within you. Congratulations, trully, you are a legend for enduring for so long! 

Thanks I got the plat in nearly 800 hours (798 hours) my pain came to an end. Got lucky with my last tempered Nergigante investigation

• 2 months later...

Vaal is the one giving me bother. Just need two more Mini Crowns for the plat, Vaal and Kirin. Game loves to troll me with sizes that are incredibly small but inexplicably not small enough or even a new record, and my smallest isn't that small. I've had much better luck getting crowns in Tempered Investigations (Got Large and Mini Black Diablos crowns back-to-back through tempered investigations) so definitely don't neglect those. Currently at 61 Vaal kills with about 100 more through sniping and resetting my save. 360 hours in...

Edited by screenwriter91

On 4/17/2018 at 11:13 AM, Property_Damage said:

700 hours?

you need a life coach

There's something to sad about that sentence coming from a user that actually uses premium membership on a trophy showcasing website, you're obsessed with your bragging rights and he invested time into a game, come off your high horse.

• Like 1

This is in some sort of way the same thing with the need for speed 2015,

Where as in this game you have to pray for rngesus

There you have to become one with the game basicly ?

Other then that i held off of this game because of the sheer grinding this game expects you to do but then again it is monster hunter, what do you expect... ? maybe one day i will give in to rngesus

Try completing games that you want to play, OP. Grind without pleasure is a time wasted, trophy or not.

1 hour ago, Cynicaljam96 said:

There's something to sad about that sentence coming from a user that actually uses premium membership on a trophy showcasing website, you're obsessed with your bragging rights and he invested time into a game, come off your high horse.

Well, he's right, regardless of whenever he has the same issues or not.

1 hour ago, Cynicaljam96 said:

4 months later and we found the dullest user on PSNP

grow a sense of humor