Big in Japan (EU-Sale)

dermarx

49 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Can anyone confirm whether or not the 50% off Humble Bundle code for Yakuza 0 works in combination with this sale so that it only costs €12 that way?

Pretty sure the code is for the NA store only.

Picked up 

Drive girls, CollarxMalice and Bad apple wars. Mite grab Mary skelter, Gal gun and Rune factory before the sale ends.

I finally sat down and made the tentative list of Vita games to purchase:

Ys: Memories of Celceta

SteinsGate

SteinsGate 0

Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma

Muramasa Rebirth Complete Collection

Not yet in the basket but probably also Salt and Sanctuary. I know next to nothing about these games (except for S&S) but this being the biggest sale of Japanese titles, I am quite excited to try something new. I may pick something more as I am not quite yet over the budget but this time the abundance of titles which I know nothing about is a bit intimidating.

• Like 2

Can anybody explain to me the difference between the "normal" Dynasty Warriors and Empires? I never got around to play an "Empires" and since it's on sale on the EU Store, i',m just curious. Is it the same game, but with a more strategy aproach? Can i still butcher entire armies by myself?

2 hours ago, juniordrfanatic said:

Can anybody explain to me the difference between the "normal" Dynasty Warriors and Empires? I never got around to play an "Empires" and since it's on sale on the EU Store, i',m just curious. Is it the same game, but with a more strategy aproach? Can i still butcher entire armies by myself?

Empires, or the one I played, had you having to capture the entire maps regions not just progress the story.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swainey97 said:

Looking at this game for vita: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Is it any good and if yes should i pick up both this and the second game?

Also what other vita games do you recommend from the sale 

Yes!  My favourite JRPG ever, here's hoping that the third one on PS4 is localised soon.

Other games if you like JRPGs/Visual Novels (that I have played and really liked):

- Danganronpa

- Steins;Gate

- Ys

- Digimon Story

- Utawarerumono

- Root Letter

- Tales of Hearts R

- Hatsune Miku

- Zero Escape

• Like 1

9 hours ago, juniordrfanatic said:

As above said, there is a map with territory control meta-game and also some army management aspects. Usually a chance to create custom avatar character too. The battles are musou style, though there might be some commands to direct troops on top of that (not sure if every Empires has this). However the game might not have the same kind of campaign mode and maybe some other extra modes found in the main series. It's been since PS2 when I last played Empires, I think a lot of things might have been improved.

• Like 1

So, I plan to get:

- Drakengard 3 (€9,99)

- MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death (€14,99)

- Naruto Shippuden Trilogy (€19,99) (<- Should I get this? Already own Naruto Shippuden 4:hmm:)

- One Piece Burning Blood Gold (€19,99)

- Toky Xanadu eX+ (€28,99)

- Trillion: God of Destruction (€4,99)

- Ys VIII (PS Vita; €19,99)

Anything you guys can recommend? 

19 hours ago, juniordrfanatic said:

This has been answered, but I will mention that if you have any care in trophies, pass over Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires. The game itself is OK (although I don't like it as much as DW7:Empires), but the trophies are absolutely horrendous.

On 4/26/2018 at 6:55 AM, mecharobot said:

Couldn't decide between Dynasty Warriors 8 XL and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD collection so I got both.

Once more to Zanarkand. Once more to Koda Kumi's pop concert.

Of course some true sangoku musou is going to be great as well.

DW8:XL is one of my favorite musou titles ever. I thought it was a ton of fun. It's the best DW I've played on the PS3 or PS4, and probably the 2nd best musou title on those systems. Enjoy!

6 hours ago, dermarx said:

So, I plan to get:

- Drakengard 3 (€9,99)

- MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death (€14,99)

- Naruto Shippuden Trilogy (€19,99) (<- Should I get this? Already own Naruto Shippuden 4:hmm:)

- One Piece Burning Blood Gold (€19,99)

- Toky Xanadu eX+ (€28,99)

- Trillion: God of Destruction (€4,99)

- Ys VIII (PS Vita; €19,99)

Anything you guys can recommend? 

That seems pricey for that title (at least by NA standards). It's been as cheap as 4 USD, if memory serves.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, swainey97 said:

Looking at this game for vita: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Is it any good and if yes should i pick up both this and the second game?

Also what other vita games do you recommend from the sale 

Yes buy them! Even though not the best Kiseki has to offer. (Psst, Zero and Ao)

But, Tokyo Xanadu and Ys VIII are on sale too, but their PS4 versions are better, so I would not buy those.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killivincent said:

Yes buy them! Even though not the best Kiseki has to offer. (Psst, Zero and Ao)

But, Tokyo Xanadu and Ys VIII are on sale too, but their PS4 versions are better, so I would not buy those.

Thanks i buy them both ?, thanks for the recommendation on the other two games they both look good just watched some gameplay on them, i wait for the PS4 versions to drop in price a bit more seen as i just bought monster hunter worlds for PS4.

• Like 1

On April 26, 2018 at 11:42 PM, juniordrfanatic said:

The above pals explained it very good. The game frezes often when u play on empire mode . So if u get it and wanna plat it. Do a safe every hour so u wont lose much progress . The title and life styles are anoying to get u can safe time by doin multiply safes to obtain as many life styles titles per playthrough. The trophies r also easier than 8 Xl .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, swainey97 said:

Thanks i buy them both 1f600.png, thanks for the recommendation on the other two games they both look good just watched some gameplay on them, i wait for the PS4 versions to drop in price a bit more seen as i just bought monster hunter worlds for PS4.

Glad I was helpful! :)

And enjoy Monster Hunter!

Oh, and if you ever need help on Trails of Gold Steel, feel free to ask me. Here or PSN. Or any Falcom game. ;)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

That seems pricey for that title (at least by NA standards). It's been as cheap as 4 USD, if memory serves.

13 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I know the best that Falcom games should be supported and bought on Vita on release to support Falcom as much as possible but I would say wait.

Xanadu The Wrong Version is still somewhat new so it will surely be for lower price.

Still hadn't decide. Thanks for answering my question, though :)

Great sale as usual, pity not many PS3 and VIta DLCs this year. But continues the tradition of the best sale of the year.

And they keep making the moronic choice of putting a game and the complete edition on sale, but not the DLC separately. Dumb, dumb, dumb.