“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

10 minutes ago, Fanatixa1 said:
  I will definitely be joining again next year. Does the streak challenge mean, that you have to complete something every month? If so I’ll definitely try

Yeah, long as you get one game done a month it counts :)

From the OP

Streak Challenge. A bonus challenge for those dedicated to acing the year with a backlog completion every month. The streak challenge is a little stricter than average as one unique game a month must be completed between January- December. Completion parameters below (no exceptions or repeats permitted):
The game's platinum must be earned
OR
100% a non platinum game
OR
100% a game you've already earned the platinum for, every single DLC pack completed.

Edited by Sylvanticore
  • Like 4

I've decided I'm going to go for the streak challenge again this year. I've been playing through Horizon Zero Dawn on Ultra Hard during Christmas, so hopefully I'll have a very early completion to set me up for 2023. Also, I'd like to update my Games on Agenda list in the OP:

Spoiler

PS5:
Bugsnax
Control
Dead by Daylight
Doom Eternal
Operation: Tango
Sackboy: A Big Adventure
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles

PS4:
Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry
Assassin's Creed Origins
Days Gone
Deiland
Fall Guy: Ultimate Knockout [EU]
Heavy Rain
Horizon Zero Dawn
LEGO DC Super-Villians
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2
PHOGS!
Portal Knights
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
SOMA
Tacoma
Tearaway Unfolded
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope
The Last of Us Remastered
The Last of Us Part II
The Sims 4
The Witness
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Two Point Hospital
Type:Rider

To reflect on the year... there weren't games that I needed a lot of time for, or that I needed to be skillful in (just stubborn haha). But I'm really glad I got some old games completed, especially Volume and Uncharted: Golden Abyss as I started them over 7 years ago. I don't have a white whale, but I think a big aim for next year will be to make The Last of Us Remastered my 50th platinum. I'd dismissed it as being too difficult for me to platinum, but I recently tried Survivor difficulty and found it to be relatively straightforward. Now I've completed the Survivor playthrough, it's in my sights as a plat I can definitely get. It's also probably a good idea to finish the multiplayer before the new Factions game releases.

Thank you to @Gretchen27 for continuing to host this great event, and I hope everyone's enjoying their holidays!

• Like 4

No new completions this month, just wanted to say I’m opting out of the backlog streak challenge for 2023. I’ll still be playing games from the backlog, I just don’t want to be anxious confined as much as I felt I was this year. As for my 2022 reflections: the most difficult backlog games I completed this year were The Last of Us Remastered and Fall Guys. The former was my previous white whale, one I proudly overcame for the plat #100 milestone. Finally beating the game on Grounded+ is probably my best moment in trophy hunting, at least in the top three. Fall Guys was slightly more difficult, only for winning races. Trying to win skill-based rounds when I hadn’t played in months was.. un-fun, to say the least. Thankfully, the Sweet Thieves LTM made Infallible doable. 

Happy New Year to all my backlog challengers and streakers(?)! Excited to see what we'll accomplish in 2023!

• Like 4

Didn't get a whole lot done this year (in general for gaming, really), so it was a good time to take a bit of a break. Did manage to get the platinum for Red Alert 3 and Stardew Valley thanks to its update, and never really thought I'd finish either - that was pretty cool.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood threw a bit of a wrench in my plans, kind of hard to go for what's still available if the servers weirdly remained up. Grindy PvP, no thank you...

Managed to improve some health things this year, which should make games I was stuck on more reasonable to give a second try, Feeling pretty determined to cross some things off, so hopefully that'll mean a nice reduced "get back to it" list a year from now!

Intend to participate next year, but not aiming for a streak - I do too much "oh, but that should be fast and/or easy, I should save that for a month I'm short on time" and want to see if just blitzing whatever I'm in the mood for works out better.

Feel free to ignore my list, it probably hasn't changed a lot:

Spoiler

Abyss Odyssey   (9%)

Arslan: The Warriors of Legend   (74%)

Batman: Arkham City   (64%)

Batman: Arkham Origins   (60%)

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate   (4%)

Borderlands 2   (61%)

CastleStorm   (6%)

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow   (6%)

CounterSpy   (57%)

Crypt of the NecroDancer   (2%)

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc   (17%)

Dead Nation   (65%)

Dead Rising 4   (37%)

Destroy All Humans!   (11%)

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3   (10%)

Final Fantasy X HD   (7%)

Final Fantasy XIII   (2%)

Final Fantasy XV   (59%)

Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades   (47%)

Flame Over   (17%)

Game of Thrones RPG   (1%)

God Eater Resurrection   (18%)

God of War PS3   (18%)

God of War: Chains of Olympus   (12%)

God of War: Ascension   (7%)

Grid 2   (23%)

Horizon Zero Dawn   (96%)

InFamous: First Light   (48%)

Jak II   (28%)

Kingdom Hearts   (57%)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   (6%)

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris   (70%)

LittleBigPlanet 2   (36%, unobtainable)

Lollipop Chainsaw   (5%)

Lords of the Fallen   (18%)

Mass Effect   (17%)

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor GOTY   (73%)

Monster Hunter World   (12%)

Okami HD   (5%)

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2   (79%)

Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville   (87%)

Portal Knights   (84%)

Puppeteer   (10%)

Raganrok Odyssey ACE   (4%)

Rainbow Moon   (5%)

Rayman Origins   (11%)

Remember Me   (20%)

Resident Evil 5   (4%)

Samurai Warriors 4   (65%)

Saturday Morning RPG   (44%)

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing   (46%)

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions   (86%)

SSX   (8%)

The Last of Us   (15%, unobtainable)

The Witch and the Hundred Knight   (14%)

Tokyo Jungle   (19%)

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters   (26%)

Tricky Towers   (2%)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune   (27%)

Under Defeat HD: Deluxe Edition   (18%)

Welcome Park   (52%)

Yakuza 4   (8%)

Yakuza: Like a Dragon   (7%)

• Like 3