Camp Wannalottaplat

14 minutes ago, coolsnowvil said:

ah thats right!

also on a side note, i'm kinda debating on throwing up a list on the site like i've seen others do, with backlog games and others, do ya'll think i should go for it? 

and to not really steal this thread, i asked the same question in my intro thread if anyone wants to respond to this question there?

They are kind of fun, but you have to realize that it's mostly for you. People don't often read them or make comments. I'd recommend you think of it like a tool to track a goal for yourself. If you're expecting people to congratulate you every time you check something off, you're better served by sticking with community events. Personally, I got bored keeping mine updated. But I check out other peoples now and then and think they are neat. 

Been thinking about doing three more games, as I'm still missing Put On a Show, Get Tested  and the bonus game...

Puppeteer seems like a nice candidate for Put On a Show, as you are a literal puppet performing in a puppet stage play, but I'm stumped on other two.

Psychonauts or Rime would be good fits for the bonus game, but I won't get access to my PS4 until the very end of August.... 

Ok Updates are done. I'm going camping until the middle of next week. I'll have my cellphone, but not taking a computer or anything. So I'll do them again when I get back. I hope you all have a productive weekend and enjoy yourselves. I'm excited to get back into the mix on the new profile. See ya soon!

• Like 2

Update:

I have successfully completed my hardcore hard mode kill everyone play through of Alpha Protocol and wow did this fit get tested because a few of those missions tested my patience. Even with great armor and boosted health I was dying in two bullets. Had to really go full stealth but I am now one Ultra Platinum richer for it.

on a side note I now just have one game left to complete out all 13 categories for this event. Tell a Ghost Story. I originally thought about completing Dishonored but 8 tried that out before Alpha Protocol and was met with buggy gameplay and i’m just not feeling it. I’m also having a hard time picking a new game because I’m afraid whatever I pick might better fit the Halloween event. I have made a short list of games I’m thinking about doing and I would love feedback or even suggestions of better ideas. I’m looking for something on the shorter side because after this platinum my next goal is a rush to 99 so that I can get to work on my Hardcore Risette Fan run of Persona 4 Golden so it can be my 100th platinum. So here’s my list but I would love to hear any suggestions y’all have. Thanks.

short list:

Black Mirror 

Beyond: Two Souls 

Claire 

Dying Reborn

Severed

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 1

Update #2 for today. Thanks to Toogie for helping make my choices I decided on Claire: Extended Cut as my spooky game for Tell a ghost story. I actually streamed the whole game in one shot to some friends and fans and had a good time complaining about its non-story but it’s done and with that so am I. 

13 platinums for camp. 13 platinums for cabin #3. I’m done!

• Like 3

damn, nice job there @DoctorDrPepper!!

also if anyone is able i threw together a gaming session for AC Brotherhood, is anyone has and is interested, got the multi player mode up and running and just listened to the female audio say repeatedly for the last 10 minutes, that she was looking for more agents.... i was the only one she had in the thing.... lol i'll try again during the brighter time in the day soon, but any help would be awesome

Sorry @Toogie53 if i'm semi stealing your thread again ?

Edited by coolsnowvil
didn't wanna double post

Cabin #8.
Well, after a really good month away from home, I'm sadly back 
?. I was for the first time at USA for the 4th of July, and was very cool, got to spend it with my bf, and they had an airshow and alot of fireworks :dance:.  So, I want to start my update with swtiching Tekken 6 for Playstation Move Heroes :platinum:, which it was a fun game, and thanks to @HailHale81 for the coop help and for the recommendation to play Virtue's Last Reward :platinum:, I really enjoyed it, good story (dialogues shouldnt be skipped lol); and thats not it, I also just finished Infamous :platinum:, damn last boss on hard, took me almost an hour to beat. Guess now I have more time to finish the games I have left, let's go Cabin #8!!1!

Edited by Mapa
  • Like 3

Another plat for cabin #7 and another category completed! Mulaka and Learn Something is in the bag. I'm kind of surprised Mulaka only has 101 owners (on this site) so far. It was actually a pretty good game. Graphics are basic, but make sense for the story and game, but the story was interesting, the game play was fun, it's not overly long or challenging but it has some challenging moments. I would say wait for a sale and if you can get it for $10, pick it up.

My progress so far:

• Make Friends - Pic-A-Pix Color - default_platinum.png
  • Hang out at the Lake - Ratchet and Clank - 0%
  • Play a Sport - MLB the Show 18 - default_platinum.png
  • Go Hiking - Valkyria Chronicles (Completed) - default_platinum.png
  • Shoot Something - Shadow of War - 0%
  • Make Something - Dark Souls Remastered - 0%
  • Learn Something - Mulaka - default_platinum.png
  • Put on a Show - Fe - default_platinum.png
  • Tell a Ghost Story - Until Dawn - 0%
  • Get Tested - Wolfenstein: The New Order - 0%
  • Be a Hermit - Space Hulk - 91% (bane of my existence right here)
  • Survive - The Banner Saga - default_platinum.png
  • BONUS CATEGORY: Summer Vacation - Tales From the Borderlands - default_platinum.png

I think I'll do Wolfenstein next...I have nothing in my profile that comes close to this style of game so that will be something fun and different. A monthish to go and I'm halfway done! Thanks again Toogie for putting this thing together. I probably would have never played a few of these games without the inspiration and it's been a blast. Good luck everyone this last month!

• Like 2

Thought I might be the first person to complete a full 13 list but looks like I keep getting distracted and won't make it. Either way knock out a couple more this weekend and then move on to Digimon for that long grind.

Actually I just got Volume on PS4, can I switch that with Digimon? Don't really feel like a grind.

Edited by Willreaper41

Glad to report in a new plat for Cabin #9

This time it's Far Cry 3 CE and if there's a game out there that gives you a nice vaca feeling, oh boy, it's Far Cry 3. 

Looks and feels pretty good on PS4, gotta say that, but something went wrong with the car controls. If you just slightly tilt your left analog stick while driving certain cars you do perfect 360. Everytime. When you can't take turns with cars, you kinda miss the whole point of driving lol.

To me it doesn't really matter tho, because going by foot and encountering wild animals is way more exciting than just runing over them. I mean, sure, you can roadkill all those endangered species with a buggy, but there's a flamethrower for a good reason...

Nvm. Looking forward to a PS5 port aswell so I'll have an excuse to play it a 3rd time on a Sony system:lol:

Edited by Sardavanua
  • Like 1

Sundae, bloody Sundae! You won't believe the news today. I actually finished my 36th (?) playthrough of Shantae HGH. I have no idea how I haven't lost my mind.

Five games to go. Rock on, Cabin #2!

Status Report for July 15

Make Friends: Kingdom Hearts - 30%

Play a Sport: Pyre - 0%

Go Hiking: Firewatch - 0%

Put on a Show: Foul Play - 0%

Tell a Ghost Story: Yomawari: Midnight Shadows - 0%

Survive: Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles - 55% --> 100%

Summer Vacation: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition - 51% --> 100%

Make Something: Pic-a-Pix Color

Shoot Something: The Swords of Ditto

Hang out at the Lake: Abzu

Learn Something: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Be a Hermit: Last Day of June

Get Tested: Dark Souls Remastered

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 4

Was able to finish TOCS 2 this Weekend :)  Really great game, can´t wait for the third game if it has a release in the west (I hope so).

@Toogie53 Can you please change for me the category "Learn Something" from Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time to Assassins Creed: Origins? This will be the next game I want to Play :)

I platted Cat Quest and want to add it to this event, but unsure where to put it. Currently leaning towards Hang out at the Lake, since the game's world is a large island and it's possible to walk on water, but don't know if that will suffice :dunno: . I'd also like to add Cyberdimension Neptunia for the Make Friends category. Here's what I have so far:

• Make Friends: Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online
  • Hang out at the Lake:
  • Play a Sport:
  • Go Hiking - Adventures of Mana
  • Shoot Something: -
  • Make Something: -
  • Learn Something: -
  • Put on a Show: -
  • Tell a Ghost Story: Criminal Girls Invite Only
  • Get Tested: - Entwined
  • Be a Hermit: -
  • Survive: God Eater 2 Rage Burst