(Rumor) Possible leak of a Fallout 3 Anniversary edition.

snakebit10

13 minutes ago, Stardew Shelly said:

Do you mean technical in like graphical and game engine-wise or more in the likes of gameplay mechanics?

Because I don't think they'd do an actual remake. I think it will be the usual resolution and framerate-bump and maybe a few graphical tweaks.

J

Just things like pop-in, the memory leak problems, the game freezing etc. The game always ran much better on PC and Xbox360 - for some reason he Ps3 Cell architecture really didn’t play nice with Bethesda’s engine, so Sony-only folks never got as good an experience as our Microsoft & PC bretheren.

Would be nice to have a sony-side version that doesn’t need me to wait for a months worth of 24hour periods every ten hours or so to stop the game freezing! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Just things like pop-in, the memory leak problems, the game freezing etc. The game always ran much better on PC and Xbox360 - for some reason he Ps3 Cell architecture really didn’t play nice with Bethesda’s engine, so Sony-only folks never got as good an experience as our Microsoft & PC bretheren.

Would be nice to have a sony-side version that doesn’t need me to wait for a months worth of 24hour periods every ten hours or so to stop the game freezing! 

Yeah, that would probably be fixed by a (good) remaster. They most likely use the PC Version as a base anyway.

That's the nice thing about the X Box One X, select 360 titles run extremly nice on the machine. In the case of Fallout 3 it's native 4k with a solid framerate. So if I ever wanted to go back to it, that would be my go-to version.

As you say though, I hope Sony-only users get the experience they want/deserve with the rumored remaster.

J

Edited by Stardew Shelly

Just now, Stardew Shelly said:

Yeah, that would probably be fixed by a (good) remaster. They most likely use the PC Version as a base anyway.

That's the nice thing about the X Box One X, select 360 titles run extremly nice on the machine. In the case of Fallout 3 it's native 4k with a solid framerate. So if I ever want to go back to it, that would be my go-to version.

As you say though, I hope Sony-only users get the experience they want/deserve with the rumored remaster.

J

Aye, hope so.

Skyrim had a lot of the same flaws originally, but the remaster on PS4 ran very nicely - for games as immerive as these it can be a real bummer to be forced to have to think about tailoring your gameplay style to minimise freezes and lag, so remasters on higher spec tech can make a big difference to the game experience.

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Aye, hope so.

Skyrim had a lot of the same flaws originally, but the remaster on PS4 ran very nicely - for games as immerive as These it can be a real bummer to be forced to have to think about tailoring your gameplay style to minimise freezes and lag, so remasters on higher spec tech can make a big difference to the game experience.

Haha, that reminds me of Red Dead Revolver. Yeeeears ago (probably around 2009) I played 'Revolver on my XBox 360 and I had some kind of weird bug where the game would always freeze during a bossfight with some lady. As I said, it was long ago so I can't name any specifics since my memory is of goldfish quality.

However, we figured out that the game only freezes when you get too close to the boss-lady for some reason. So the whole fight was about evading her and keeping a very specific distance. We called her the Ice Witch since she'd freeze our game y'know. Yes, we were very creative back then.

We laughed our asses off during our what felt like 60 attempts in deafeating the evil Ice Witch.

In this very peculiar case it strangely made the game better. Because I don't know if you every played Red Dead Revolver, but it was actually pretty horrible for a Rockstar game. ?

J

Edited by Stardew Shelly

9 minutes ago, Stardew Shelly said:

Haha, that reminds me of Red Dead Revolver. Yeeeears ago (probably around 2009) I played 'Revolver on my XBox 360 and I had some kind of weird bug where the game would always freeze during a bossfight with some lady. As I said, it was long ago so I can't name any specifics since my memory is of goldfish quality.

However, we figured out that the game only freezes when you get too close to the boss-lady for some reason. So the whole fight was about evading her and keep a very specific distance. We called her the Ice Witch since she'd freeze our game y'know. Yes, we were very creative back then.

We laughed our asses off during our what felt like 60 attempts in deafeating the evil Ice Witch.

In this very peculiar case it strangely made the game better. Because I don't know if you every played Red Dead Revolver, but it was actually pretty horrible for a Rockstar game. 1f602.png

J

I played it when it was first out on PS2 - it had a wierdly good fun local multiplayer (would be horrible by today’s standards, but me and my sister were way into timesplitters-esque games then)

I can’t remember much about the single player, except for a wierd looking newsboy shouting at you in a town hub? - don’t think it was a Rockstar game at that point though, was it not Capcom? I think Rockstar bought the rights to the franchise after the fact, if I remember right...

Edited by DrBloodmoney

I was actually just thinking the other day that I fancy playing a new Fallout but this will do. Fallout 3 was one of my favourite games of ps3 and it was also my 1st ever platinum trophy. I would definitely play it again and get another platinum. Also with all the DLC that I never played the first time around especially looking forward to the one that makes the game continue past the end. 

Hopefully this is true even though I’ve already got too much to play this year 

It's Bethesda. I would be surprised if they won't make this, they remastered Skyrim like what, 6 times? Something like that so....

I Loved Fallout 3 but come on let's go on, the 4th one i'm playing it and it's Decent but not as great as the 3rd one, i would really prefer if they start working on the 5th title in the series with new interesting stuff that don't make  the game feels literally the same ones in the end.

Imagine the error screen coming up every 5 minutes of gameplay. :P 

On a serious note, I'd be interested. I don't have it on the PS3 so I'd be interested in a PS4 version. I'm sure it would work a lot better than the PS3 version. If they can fix the constant freezing etc, then everything else to me personally would be a bonus.

Have it on PS3, haven't played it yet.

Also, another remaster...

19 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Do you guys think that this is the start of a new Skyrim (that we'll get releases on every platform? ) xD

LMAO At this rate, I can see that happening as well. Skyrim is freakin' everywhere now! xD

3 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Considering Fallout 4 is visually pretty much on par with Fallout 3, I think I'll stick with the free back compat copy of F3 I got a year or two back.

Visually on par? I do not agree at all.

6 hours ago, Nexuds121 said:

Fallout 3 Anniversary Edition should include:

• 1080p 60 fps
  • PS4 Pro Support 4K
  • PS VR Support
  • Old graphics into new graphics
  • More...

That's all I only know of.

If that was true it would sell incredibly good. VR Support is the most incredible point, so...I doubt it will be like that

41 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

LMAO At this rate, I can see that happening as well. Skyrim is freakin' everywhere now! xD

I'm kind of excited for this not going to lie. The game hasn't aged that well and hopefully a nice revamp will make it more appealing!

• Like 1

Even though I've played the game like 4 times on the PS3 and once on PC, I'd get it again as a remaster just for an excuse to plat it again. I normally don't go out of my way to play remasters of games I've already played, but Fallout 3 would be an exception since it's my favorite game. I still find it enjoyable all these years later. I would hope New Vegas gets the remaster treatment some day if Fallout 3 does indeed get remastered. I would love to play a more playable version of New Vegas since it was practically a disaster on PS3 and I have major crashing issues with it on PC.

How many remasters are this studio going to put out? We only got one new game from them this generation (Fallout 4), and it wasn't even very good...

I loved this game back in the day, but I've played it so much. If this rumour is indeed true, it would have to be a substantial improvement over the original for me to buy it again. I don't just mean prettier graphics, but gameplay improvements, and fixes for the numerous glitches. If the game still crashes on a regular basis, that would be unacceptable. They have to differentiate it from the 4K patch released on Xbox One X somehow.

New Vegas is a much better game so I'd rather see a remaster of that tbh. Hell, just let Obsidian make all of the future Fallout games. They are way more competent than Bethesda. :P

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

How many remasters are this studio going to put out? We only got one new game from them this generation (Fallout 4), and it wasn't even very good...

I loved this game back in the day, but I've played it so much. If this rumour is indeed true, it would have to be a substantial improvement over the original for me to buy it again. I don't just mean prettier graphics, but gameplay improvements, and fixes for the numerous glitches. If the game still crashes on a regular basis, that would be unacceptable. They have to differentiate it from the 4K patch released on Xbox One X somehow.

New Vegas is a much better game so I'd rather see a remaster of that tbh. Hell, just let Obsidian make all of the future Fallout games. They are way more competent than Bethesda. :P

Fallout 3 was better than new Vegas. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

How? New Vegas was superior in so many ways. More in-depth RPG mechanics, better weapon selection and the ability to mod them, choices that mattered, multiple endings, etc.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

I have to agree with this. I know a lot of people love New Vegas and prefer it FO3 but I personally found it to be very slow paced and just couldn't get into it and enjoy myself in the same way that I did with its predecessor :( . If they ever remaster NV and fix the many technical and quest glitches that blighted the original release, then I'll give it another go and see if my feelings change towards it.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

"Liberty Prime is online. All systems nominal. Weapons hot. Mission: the destruction of any and all Chinese communists."

"We will not fear the red menace!"

"Chairman Cheng will fail: China will fall!"

"Communism is the very definition of failure!"