Trophy Sceenshots. A fun investment.

Gr4de_04

So, whenever I play a PlayStation 4 game and going for a trophy, I always check if I can make the trophy screenshot special in some way. Like for example. if there's some base you gotta take over I try to get a flashy explosion in my screenshot instead of just a casual enemy kill. When I'm bored, I browse through my trophy list (or capture gallery) on PlayStation 4 and look back at all the fun moments I had while going for a trophy, and I really get a sense of pride with some of them.

Unfortunately, I have no USB or a social media account to get some screenshots on my pc so I can show them to you guys, but how do you deal with trophy screenshots? do you pay attention to them like me? or don't you care at all? And do you have some interesting or funny trophy screenshot to share? I'm curious to see what your replies will be.

• Like 3

I sometimes try to. In Bloodborne I would try and make a pose after a beating a boss. But for GTA: San Andreas there's the trophy for failing a mission and I intentionally failed the train one to see if Big Smoke's "All you had to do was follow the damn train CJ!" line would be in the screenshot but it wasn't sadly.

• Like 2

I disabled that feature a long time ago because I thought it was pretty pointless. 99% of the screenshots it took ended up being boring anyway. Ever since disabling it, I actually care about taking manual screenshots more now that they won't get lost in the flood of trophy screenshots.

26 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

Unfortunately, I have no USB or a social media account to get some screenshots on my pc so I can show them to you guys

You don't need either of those things to get a screenshot onto your PC. Just attach the image to a message on PSN and send it to an alt account or one of your friends, then you can access it on playstation.com after logging in. Save it to your PC, then upload it to a site like imgur and you're golden.

Can't you upload them to image charing sites (no need for account on them or anything) directly from ps4?

I personally only made 2 trophy screenshot on a special way.

My SAO: re:Hollow Fragment Platinum, that has the ingame menu up to show the total time to plat... and my Disgaea 5 Platinum with the pop up ingame saying that I got a Trophy (do note that this "Trophy" is an ingame weapon, also tied  to a bronze trophy named "Gimme a Trophy", I just took the joke to the next level ?)

Oh, I do this sort of thing all the time and end up with some pretty funny screenshots. For example, when I played Ape Escape 2 on my friend's profile, right before catching the yellow monkey, I crawled behind him and crouched down to make it look like I was sniffing his butt and got a good shot. I do this for times I know I'm about to get a trophy and can control the exact timing of it. Otherwise, I just let it be.

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

I disabled that feature a long time ago because I thought it was pretty pointless. 99% of the screenshots it took ended up being boring anyway. Ever since disabling it, I actually care about taking manual screenshots more now that they won't get lost in the flood of trophy screenshots.

You don't need either of those things to get a screenshot onto your PC. Just attach the image to a message on PSN and send it to an alt account or one of your friends, then you can access it on playstation.com after logging in. Save it to your PC, then upload it to a site like imgur and you're golden.

So many black loading screen screenshots. *sigh*

I disable it when I'm going for the last trophy for plat so I can get something better. Since if you try to take a manual screenshot then, it'll cause an error and you won't get any screenshot for the plat at all. I  missed out on my posed Skylanders Imaginators screenshot [with Crash Bandicoot!] because I wanted to take a manual one as the last trophy and plat image were trying to save.

90% of my trophies screenshots are terrible.

I learn lately about an cheap improvement, once the trophy popped up do something cool like a badass pose or blow something up then took a screenshot with the SHARE button before the notification of the trophy fade away so you can have another slightly better trophy screenshot, though this won't work that great when you unlock a multiple trophies at once.

Edited by yellowwindow7

3 hours ago, gamesfourever said:

So, whenever I play a PlayStation 4 game and going for a trophy, I always check if I can make the trophy screenshot special in some way.

Yep, I do exactly this, if I can manage.  Sometimes, cause of the lag in trophy popping (the screenshot is taken with trophy image way before the trophy appears on screen for some reason), the image is blurry or not centered or something, which annoys me.  I've had lots of perfect setups ruined by a premature image capture.  Thanks Sony.  Sometimes the trophy image doesn't appear either, which is super frustrating.

On the topic of a USB drive, I'm not trying to sound like a tool, but dude, it's 2018, you can get a decent sized drive for $5-10 bucks almost anymore.  I bought a 64gb drive on sale for like $17 last year, and it's USB 3.0.  The 8gb 2.0s are practically given away these days.  I know you're not in the states, but best buy is selling a 16gb for $4.99 right now, which is overkill just for saves and screenshots.  I looked around the net to see what's available in the Netherlands, and there were more than a few places selling 16gb sticks for under 10 euros.  You should really pick one up, it'll make every aspect of your life easier (well maybe not every one, but most). 

(Again, sorry if this comes off douchey, I don't know what I'd do without mine.  I have an 8GB for each PS3 and 360, a 16GB for PS4, and a 64GB for movies and stuff, and I still feel like I need more, lol)

lol I was just thinking about this when i was playing through Kingdom Hearts 1. 

I used to have alot of neat screenshots for my trophies over the years that I lost for one reason or another, And I said to myself I'll try to keep them from now on, because I like them as little momentos too.

So guess what the screenshots from the higher rank trophies of KH1 ended up looking like when I was done.

42GfD0f.jpg

So I guess I'll just take them as they come I guess, and not sweat it so much.

I keep some of the shots that were taken when I earned a trophy. True enough they are terrible sometimes but once in a while there is a good one too. And it is more important for me to have a reminder that I did something worth remembering, so the little notification in the upper left corner is probably the highlight anyway. With the automatic screenshots I have at least a memento of these moments. Sure I could make a manual shot and photoshop the notification into the image but that's too much of an hassle for me. And I always forget to make a screenshot when I am sucked into a game.

What I am doing pretty much since I bought my PS4 is making videos, but not when I get a trophy, more like moments that I liked or something I want to remember in general. I even archive these moments on my youtube channel now.

I haven't really tried to so far honestly. All I've really noticed is the constant black screen that most trophy screen shots entail. I think It's something for me to try in the future see how it goes but the timing of the trophy captures seems to be off a bit, hence the black screen. I don't know though. It would be nice if screenshots for specific story trophies were actually timed better.

I've only ever gone out of my way though for an image from the capture and that was when I was playing Resident Evil 4. I really needed a cover photo for my PSN so I captured Leon sitting on the throne in his Resident Evil 2 uniform and I'm happy with the results. (Would of been such a badass platinum image)

I also think that trophy screenshots are fun and one of the best features that Sony gave us on PS4.

I care about them and I try to get some good ones. For example, if possible, I always try to be in a beautiful place (I love beautiful landscapes), when the platinum is about to unlock.

It doesn't always work, but I actually was able to achieve some platinum screenshots that I consider truly perfect:

Assassin's Creed Origins

Assassin_s_Creed_Origins_20171206173426.

Rime

Ri_ME_20180304222013.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

On the topic of a USB drive, I'm not trying to sound like a tool, but dude, it's 2018, you can get a decent sized drive for $5-10 bucks almost anymore.

I know, i have a 1TB hard drive that i use for work and stuff. But it doesn't work for Playstation. And i don't plan on buying a USB stick just for this thread. thanks fir the advice though haha.

@Carol Yeah they look nice. Gives you a sense of vastness, peace and freedom.

• Like 1

I also sometimes browse around my trophy screenshots to remember the time when I got them. Sadly, a good chunk are goddamn loading screens or a bit before the game fully loads so the image is still too dark or bright. Still, I like the feature and I miss it when I play a PS3 game.

I don't do special stuff for the basic trophies but I do try to leave a good one for last for the Platinum screenshot. I would share a few but I'm not home =(

On 5/18/2018 at 7:19 PM, gamesfourever said:

Unfortunately, I have no USB or a social media account to get some screenshots on my pc so I can show them to you guys, but how do you deal with trophy screenshots? do you pay attention to them like me? or don't you care at all? And do you have some interesting or funny trophy screenshot to share? I'm curious to see what your replies will be.

I do pay attention to them, personally. Sometimes, you can get some really nice ones.

This is probably a dumb question, but there are LOTS of trophy screenshots I'd sooner not have. How do you delete the crappy ones?

Edited by starcrunch061

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

I do pay attention to them, personally. Sometimes, you can get some really nice ones.

This is probably a dumb question, but there are LOTS of trophy screenshots I'd sooner not have. How do you delete the crappy ones?

Go to your system storage and delete. 

I myself have had that feature turned off since day one as I just consider it clutter. I do however save frequent videos of all kinds of things from glitches, skilful gameplay, online dominance, remarkable flukes, embarrassing failures etc. I personally find it much more nostalgic/rewarding watching video footage than a still image.

Edited by Zolkovo