Starfield (September 6, 2023)

ziggypossum

This move is quite bold, so it’s easy to assume they are going all-out now, Elder Scrolls is going to be probably exclusive too. The fact they didn’t announce it yet its because Starfield is the pilot project to test how consumers respond and if they actually make any impact out of it to recover some of their cash-flow in the long term.

As for the game they actually showed nothing, they just wanted to say its exclusive and its coming to game pass.

Right now I’m not too excited about it, definitely not an xbox puller yet. 

16 minutes ago, DocHolliday25 said:

I feel like I am one of the few people not excited about this game. I have a Xbox series X and will be playing it, but we really haven’t seen much on this. We have been burnt so many times before by established developers I really would like to see it before there is any excitement on my part. Not to long ago BioWare could do no wrong and not really a fan of how Fallout 76 or Skyrim rolled out either. My take is to wait and see what comes. I’m hoping its great but I don’t want to get too excited in case it’s not.

The game is still over a year away. There's no reason for anyone to be excited about it yet. Maybe by next E3 they'll actually be ready to show the game off and people can start being excited then.

I mean i was doubting theyd show any of ES6 so this was the only reason i watched any of the show. 

I mean teaser is right...didnt really tell me much except they might have some epic space opera style music. 

I mean the easy n obvious joke is "Skyrim in Space", so i need to see if its the creation/gamebryo engine being used again. Is it bad to say im getting bored of...an engine? Maybe i just played a lot of previous titles. 

Im not against buying a "cheap" ol Xbox a bit further down the line (Cant deny im a Fallout n ES fan) but this has given me nothing. I predict early 2023. I dont trust Bethesda these days as much. 

Show us your teeth Bethesda what you got?!?!?!?!

• 5 months later...

Join Game Director Todd Howard, Studio Director Angela Browder and Art Director Matt Carofano as they discuss how Bethesda Game Studios’ ambitions, passions and history have shaped the studio and how they are looking to the future with Starfield . Keep an eye out in the coming months for more episodes of ‘Into the Starfield.’

Starfield arrives exclusively on Xbox Series X|S and PC on 11.11.22.

Play it day one with Xbox Game Pass.

LB1qgTf.jpg

qOA37IV.jpg

0fVL9b7.jpg

FJohi7r.jpg

zmZ7K0l.jpg

2Gp18Mz.jpg

4TyBGFf.jpg

RrKgkel.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

One of the reasons I'm getting Series X. Let's hope it will not end as a fiasco like ME Andromeda...

I really need a new good Open World Sci-fi game (even better with character creator) that is not Mass Effect or Star Wars. 

Edited by DeathNyx
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

the game looked incredibily mediocre and empty, seems like a Death Stranding in No Man's Sky

they talk about 1000 planets, ok, what's on those planets? can you show me a planet with a city that has 1000 npcs on screen? no, just an empty desert, no thanks

Assassin's Creed Unity in 2014 had hundreds of NPCs on screen, that is more impressive than anything I've seen in this game

Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare in 2016 had better space combat than what I've seen in this game

I liked the part where you make your own ship and fly it, but what am I doing in that ship? stare at the walls? where is the crew? why not have a friendship system with a few NPCs and have a crew in your ship Guardians of the Galaxy style?, nup, nothing, just a lot of dead, empty, gray land

graphics look mediocre, gameplay looks horrible, story seems to be 6th or 7th thing on their priority in this game

no thanks

Edited by The Investigator
  • Like 1

You know people are desperate when they're hyping this game up as some sort of saviour for Xbox. I thought it looked extremely mediocre. Visually it's so last gen in a lot of ways, and downright ugly in others. The whole 1000 planets schtick is BS. You just know most are going to be dull, lifeless wastelands with little to do or see. 

That said, it looks exactly like I was expecting it to: Fallout in space. I adored Fallout 4, it was one of my favourite games of last gen, so I do believe that if gameplay and the overall feel of the game is similar to that then it will be a lot of fun to play. But man, the technical side of things is where I have no hope for it. It's Bethesda, so it was always going to be poor in that regard, but I can't believe how janky it looked. I'll be surprised If this runs at a stable 30fps. And because it's Bethesda, there's zero chance it'll get polished to a reasonable state despite the slight engine improvements they were hyping up a while back. Personally I think The Outer Worlds did this a whole lot better. I loved that game, and I think this would be so much better if they made it to a similar scope as that game. Maybe bigger, but not 1000 planets big. 

Either way I'm still salty that they clearly scrapped the PlayStation version of this so late into development, so fuck it. Let the Xbox players enjoy their (probably) fun but extremely broken mess of a game when it finally launches. If it comes to PS at some stage I'll give it a shot. 

• Like 3

I have great fondness for games like Fallout 3Oblivion etc. so even though BSG has been lacking of late, I still had some hope. I have an Xbox Series X so it mattered nothing to me that it was exclusive to that platform- in fact I was glad that there might finally be a killer app for the system that justified my purchase. To say I was underwhelmed and disappointed is an understatement. Should I have been? Probably not since, as I said, BSG are pretty much a lost cause nowadays.

The combat looks unimpactful both with guns and in the ship. Felt very limp to watch. The exploration and resource gathering looks lifted straight out of No Man's Sky. The character models look very last gen, a holdover of the severely outdated Creation Engine I guess. The art direction overall seems to lack identity, like I could put screenshots alongside the likes of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare or Titanfall 2 (two perfectly fine games, don't get me wrong) and it would be nigh impossible to tell each apart since they have a similar sci-fi aesthetic. 

Overall, the game looks rough. I fear it needs more time than it is going to get. We were told this game had a playable build a year ago but I shudder to think what that must have looked like. This is the game that Xbots are saying "RIP PlayStation" over? I guarantee this first impression didn't sell too many people on getting an Xbox if they weren't planning to already. I'm sure it'll have like 50 million Game Pass downloads on release but what will the actual impressions be? Positive at launch assuming it isn't a total disaster (and with BSG nowadays that's a very big assumption) but after a week? A month? Years? I'm not convinced this will be anywhere near as iconic as past games from them, at least not for the right reasons.

But then again I am basing this off a single trailer taken from an early build.

• Like 1

Sad that I no longer look towards Bethesda for great rpgs and this one doesn't seem like it'll change that for me either. There's already several games on the market offering similar that also look better than what they shown off. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk

I really don't understand the hype after the gameplay trailer... characters are typical Bethesda..plain faces with dead eyes.. I mean the order 1886 had better looking characters and that's what 7 years old and a console generation ago.. both personal and ship combat was uninspiring, the AI looked confused... I saw someone mention that it was just NMS Skyrim...and that about sums it up.. The only thing I thought was great was the ship sounds, ship combat... the crew out sampling and generating sounds seems to really have their shit together. I saw the new trailer for The Invincible and honestly I thought I enjoyed that more...

14 hours ago, The Investigator said:

the game looked incredibily mediocre and empty, seems like a Death Stranding in No Man's Sky

I can't believe you just used terms incredibly mediocre and empty together with Death Stranding in one sentence.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 2