Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Virtue's Last Reward and Zero Time Dilemma have escape rooms. ZTD was on PS+ a few months ago too, so you might have it.

Doesn't look like I was awake enough to throw that one in my cart from PS+.  What a maroon!

Love this event; gives me ideas on what games are missing from my backlog that I need to add to the wish list for just buy.  The problem is PSN is offering too many sales this month, so back to Amazon for another gift card. :awesome:

24 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

Doesn't look like I was awake enough to throw that one in my cart from PS+.  What a maroon!

Love this event; gives me ideas on what games are missing from my backlog that I need to add to the wish list for just buy.  The problem is PSN is offering too many sales this month, so back to Amazon for another gift card. :awesome:

It was on Vita btw, so if you don't have one it makes sense you could've missed it

52 minutes ago, paranoia_agent85 said:

Congrats. How did you do with the speedrun, I've been putting it off for a while, any advice?

Do it in normal difficulty, because you need to unlock the infinite rocket launcher for the Starsenal trophy (requires to beat the game in under 3 hours in normal difficulty or higher)

avoid grabbing unnecesary ammo and weapons, you won't need any handgun ammo (only to kill the dog you call with the whistle), or even shotgun ammo if you're playing as Jill (you can get it to feel safe), don't get the magnum, it's not worth it.

Just run past everything, Zombies are a bit tricky to avoid, but running from their side makes them launch to the wrong directions most of the time. Everything else (dogs, hunters, crows, quimeras) are easily dodged unless they're completely blocking your way (this only happens if you're playing as Chris, as there will be one specific part with 3 hunters instead of 2)

For short, just run and don't stop, you'll notice you have picked a lot of unnecesary ammo as well, picking extra items will just make you waste more time than you think.

And lastly, just aim for the worst ending. Not saving Barry/Rebecca voids the final battle with the Tyrant, and not saving Jill/Chris saves you hunting the MO discs

Now some tricks:

- mashing Square on stairs make you move supe fast on them as long as you're not carrying a weapon, and if you are on tank controls (you want to be weaponless most of the time because it makes you faster anyway)

- when carrying the nitroglicerine capsule, you can run 4 steps and then walk 3 (save just in case, I could be a little off since I only did this back when I did serious speedrunning of the game)

Edited by Zippyhammer
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2018 at 5:58 PM, Mesopithecus said:

Update

@sona_11 Yes you can change one of your games, it will mean that you won't get the bonus badge at the end of the event for not changing games, but it can't be helped if you're unable to play LA Noire

I’ll change it with Yakuza kiwami 2 and I hope I’ll have enough time to get the platinum 

• Like 1

Managed to get Year 5 completed in LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7. I should have sprung for the Vita version to speed it up, getting through the entire story of a LEGO Harry Potter game is grueling and painful. These games have the most story levels ever, 24! :(

I might just go and do Seasons after Fall tomorrow instead. With everyone else in Team Cujo scoring points, I need to step up my game to get any hope. *sigh*

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, PermaFox said:

That sucks, it has a good story, though I like Virtue's Last Reward better.

There's most likely also going to be a Halloween Sale, so maybe you'll find something fitting from that.

Everything should be updated for teams 1-4.

I'm feeling hella dejected though. Was wrapping up Yoku's Island Express and found out that one of the quests is glitched and I got the glitch which means im locked out of the platinum unless I start the game all the way over from the beginning. I was using this game for both this and @Dr_Mayus's spelling bee. Gonna switch to Spiderman, put a few games between me and starting all the way over from the beginning before the end of the month..

SecondUnselfishGoosefish-size_restricted

8 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Everything should be updated for teams 1-4.

I'm feeling hella dejected though. Was wrapping up Yoku's Island Express and found out that one of the quests is glitched and I got the glitch which means im locked out of the platinum unless I start the game all the way over from the beginning. I was using this game for both this and @Dr_Mayus's spelling bee. Gonna switch to Spiderman, put a few games between me and starting all the way over from the beginning before the end of the month..

SecondUnselfishGoosefish-size_restricted

That sucks, sounds like you could use a Dr. Pepper :awesome: :

keep_calm_and_drink_dr__pepper_by_95game

• Like 4

Quick Update:

LEATHERFACE TEAM

Death's Gambit :platinum:

This game I intended to play it but after head scratching through the game and not so good souls clone I decide to turn this game into easy platinum by using Debug menu developer left in the game (someone in reddit found it). and turn out it's still not easy due to crash/glitch in the game. The game has so much potential but ruin by many issue. it has beautiful pixel arts and could be one of the best indie game if done right. Sadly it isn't the case. Just popped the platinum becuase developer finally patch their game so platinum is now obtainable.

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 1

Started my Shantae speedrun and it's not going as smoothly as I had hoped. First segment was straightforward, although I somehow managed to miss the regular three-cycle on the first boss. Second area took me way longer than expected and I'm not sure why. All I know is that I'm already almost 10 minutes over estimate. Currently doing the gem.giggling for all the upgrades.

1 hour ago, BlacknWhite098 said:

Any suggestions for team candyman games 

• Bayonetta (candy is used for various buffs)
  • Black Mirror
  • Eventide 2 Sorcerer's Mirror
  • Lolipop Chainsaw
  • The Wolf Among Us (the magic mirror is in this game)
  • Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (Captain Hook is in that game)
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (magic mirror is in this game too as is Captain Hook)
Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, BlacknWhite098 said:

Any suggestions for team candyman games 

You could also play Shantae and the Pirate's Curse since it is Pirate themed. It's only $9.99 on the NA PS Store right now and is a fun little platformer. This game also would work for Gynophobia too if you're struggling to find a game with a female protagonist.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Briste said:

You could also play Shantae and the Pirate's Curse since it is Pirate themed. It's only $9.99 on the NA PS Store right now and is a fun little platformer. This game also would work for Gynophobia too if you're struggling to find a game with a female protagonist.

What does candyman have to do with pirates?

23 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

What does candyman have to do with pirates?

I was just going on the description on the first page with what is acceptable:

Candyman, Candyman, Candyman, Candyman, Candy......wait, maybe I shouldn't do that.  This urban legend with a hook for a hand, come to life for a murder spree.  Games that feature mirrors, murder sprees, hooks for hands (yes, I would count pirate games) and candy (because why not!)

I was having the same issue thinking of something I'd want to play and decided to go this route.

• Like 2

Update

Spreadsheet and first page have been updated :)  Team Cujo nearly has a third of their games complete :o  Great job guys!

@Inuty Good luck with both of those games, I've heard they are pretty challenging.  It looks like you're pretty close though on both of them, how difficult are the trophies you have left?

@FielVeredus Congrats on the plat :D  I'm glad to hear that the devs released a patch and you were able to get the last trophy you needed

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:
  • Bayonetta (candy is used for various buffs)
  • Black Mirror
  • Eventide 2 Sorcerer's Mirror
  • Lolipop Chainsaw
  • The Wolf Among Us (the magic mirror is in this game)
  • Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (Captain Hook is in that game)
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (magic mirror is in this game too as is Captain Hook)

I dont have a ps3 but i might go for kingdom hearts

2 hours ago, Briste said:

Oh thats interesting thanks!

Any suggestion for Leatherface game?

i accident popped CoD Advance Warfare before event (which the game set in Texas) and i give up on Ride to hell as it sucks beyond i could even finish the game.

i would like to add my roster

5. Deep Ones (PS Vita)

as well as i plan to play it very soon as i plat spider man or when i have opportunity to play on the go

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 1