Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

Update for Team Freddy

I want to add a game and a category

11. Metathesiophobia  Fifa 17 :platinum:

Among 277 this is the 4th soccer game so even if it is the 3rd Fifa i played it's a rare genre :P Once in a while i really like to play Football/Soccer but if i'd knwon the requirements for the :gold: Trial of Power (win 4 consecutives wins in an online tournament) i wouldn't have started this one... i paid a lot of money to boost this tournament because you have to pay an entrance fee :( Besides that :bronze: Half a Century glitched on me. One player must have 50 goals and even though one striker has over 70 goals shot i needed a 2nd one on 50 goals :(

Another UR :platinum: on my list :)

• Like 4

Alright, so I'm gonna forfeit the bonus badge for this event. I'm just looking at my trophy list and my available games, and I can't see myself buying anything new when I have so many other games to play. Here is my change:

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/d69ac8/Ld1b2f0.png →  https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/1dc635/L727275.png

Phobophobia: Team Chucky

Among the Sleep → Psychonauts

I know that Among the Sleep is super perfect for this category, but like... I've had Psychonauts in my backlog for so long, plus I backed the sequel so I feel like it really needs to get done. Anyway, I picked it for this category since you play as a child in it and all.

My updated list:

Spoiler

1. A Hat in Time

2. Unravel

3. Resident Evil 4

4. Yomawari: Midnight Shadows

5. Shadow of the Colossus

6. Amnesia Collection

7. Gone Home

8. Heavy Rain

9. 2064: Read Only Memories

10. Mirrors Edge Catalyst

11. LA Noire

12. Gravity Rush Remastered

13. Psychonaus

• Like 2

Despite Code: Realize's attempt to derail my progress this weekend, I have finished Iron Crypticle. It's a decent one for this event, if you're lacking on games that feature zambies (not spelled wrong) or bugs. Plus, it's one of those rare games that are short, but not so easy that you feel dirty having played it. (Whereas I felt dirty just going through the first chapter of Code: Realize, but that's beside the point...)

That's four games viciously murdered in just two weeks. Somebody's going to need to call a plumber after this bloodbath.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JoocyMan said:

Hey! Is it too late to join in on this? I just noticed it and it sounds super fun! c:

You'll have to take it up with the thread mods but if they let you join, so be it! :D

Anyways, my update is rather small. I only managed to get three LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 Story Trophies. I'm going to focus on that as my next plat on the list because I am eager to platinum the LEGO Harry Potter collection because they have announced it coming to the Nintendo Switch and I want to honor the people who did the hard work. Not that I hate the games, they do a nice job doing a 'silent movie' retelling of Jo's book series(it's a shame they didn't think to make these games the first voice-acted titles but I understand that it would cost a mint to hire Nathaniel whathisname to voice LEGO Harry) but these games suffer from horrible programming: As an analogy, I bought the 3DS game Dragon Quest VII, Fragments of a Forgotten Past. I wanted to see someone speed-run it. There is a speed run of it... ONLY ONE. And the runner refused to do another. Why?

Because the game crashes if you play it for more than four hours without shutting it off every so often. The runner complained this is a memory leak problem, a glitch that snuck into the code and escaped beta-testing, if they bothered to beta test it at all. Nobody wants to try to optimize the run route because it's impossible when a game forces you to reset every four hours.

There are similar issues with LEGO Harry Potter. I've had an issue where Years 5-7 CRASHED on me and I lost valuable progress. THRICE. Years 1-4 also has rumors of a bug that makes it impossible to return to Hogwarts' hub if you do any bonus level due to a location transit bug. I also ran into a random bug two accounts ago that caused a glitch that made it impossible to complete Year 3 so I had to restart from a brand new file, which made me rage quit for two weeks.

I know Traveler's Tales has a lot of money and little time because they're working on LEGO Super Villians, but I wish they could have patched these games. Because of this, the experience is terrible. :(

I also know that these game-killing bugs aren't just LEGO-exclusive. Trine 3 bugged out and I lost all of my Trineangles in the six story level and I couldn't replay 90% of it because it was locked. This has never happened before but it means that I have to now start backing up my game save to ensure I get all of the trophies. (I had earned most of them.)

I just want LEGO Harry Potter to get deleted ASAP so I can clean out my PS4 of all these extra accounts. Sorry for the soapbox speech, I know LEGO Harry Potter's video games were created for the PS3, so they had a lot of nasty bugs in them, but they shouldn't have just shovelwared the PS3 versions onto the PS4. I hope that they do a serious scour before porting these games to the Switch.

EDIT: I am having trouble sleeping so I knocked out a few more trophies from LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7, finished level 2 of Year 7 so far. (I don't get why they called Deathly Hallows part 2 Year 8 as Harry et al aren't going to school. :P) Now at 35%. I will probably just go in and plat Years 1-4 (finished Story Mode) and then try to complete Story Mode of Years 5-7.

Edited by DragonQuest238
Update
  • Like 1

Update:

LEATHERFACE TEAM

Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth  :platinum:

This game is surprisingly fun for me, while I just Platinumed it and still a few trophies left to 100% I planned to play this to 100% later as I enjoy the story and want to see how it unfold. Maybe I would sign up this game again for 100% in next campaign if it fits the criteria of any topic next time.

And... and add a new game to the roster

1. Linelight (PS4)

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 3

team leatherface 

a 3rd of the way done. :) 

Spoiler

1.  Costume Quest 2
2.  Demons Souls
3.   Resident Evil 0
4.  Alien Isolation
5.  Lone Survivor

7.  Life is Strange  :platinum:
8.  Life is Strange: Before the Storm  :platinum:
9.  R.U.S.E :platinum:

11. Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO :platinum:
12. Gynophobia - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
13. Phobophobia -

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 1

Update for Team Candyman

I just finished Marvel's Spider-Man. I really enjoyed this game, great story, web swinging is very fun, combat was good, overall great experience. There are just too many repetitive crime missions, that is the only flaw. Three games down. Situation 3/13

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Briste said:

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse has been platinummed (not a real word.)

You have an extra "m." The word is platinumed. :D And yes, I know it's not in Webster's dictionary but dammit typing the phrase "earned a platinum trophy" 1 zillion times like you would do in this forum would destroy my keyboard and my wrists. xD

Also, a lot of superheroes in this thread. Everyone should know the real answer to who would win in battle between Superman and Batman... it's Lord Voldemort's ghost, he would Avada Kedavra both of them dead. :P (And yes, you can kill Superman with an Unforgivable Curse. It's been shown in comic canon that magic can harm him)

I am going to platinum LEGO Harry Potters Year 1-4 today and then try to finish story mode for 5-7 and hopefully get the platinum for that before I have to go to gym tomorrow. ;)

Edited by DragonQuest238

10 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

You'll have to take it up with the thread mods but if they let you join, so be it! :D

Anyways, my update is rather small. I only managed to get three LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 Story Trophies. I'm going to focus on that as my next plat on the list because I am eager to platinum the LEGO Harry Potter collection because they have announced it coming to the Nintendo Switch and I want to honor the people who did the hard work. Not that I hate the games, they do a nice job doing a 'silent movie' retelling of Jo's book series(it's a shame they didn't think to make these games the first voice-acted titles but I understand that it would cost a mint to hire Nathaniel whathisname to voice LEGO Harry)

Daniel Radcliffe ?  I suppose Nathaniel and Daniel are similar enough sounding though.

I really should go play Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4, as having only years 5-7 on my profile looks out of place.  

10 hours ago, JoocyMan said:

Hey! Is it too late to join in on this? I just noticed it and it sounds super fun! c:

Not at all :)  There's still a month and a half of event left, so if you want to post a list of games, I'll get you added to one of the teams

Update

Everyone has been updated on the first page and spreadsheet, I'm amazed at how many games everyone is completing.  Huge shoutout to @NetEntity for that massive haul, congrats!

• Like 1

On 09/09/2018 at 6:47 PM, coldsphinx93 said:

I'll most likely be taking a break fromy list to play some Spiderman. I'm going to challenge myself to get the platinum as fast as I can...so I can lend it to the other person who wants to play it (even though he's already played it more than me *grumble grumble*)

Got the platinum in spiderman so I'll most likely be working something from my list soon. I had to put my cat down this weekend so the motivation to play is just not there right now. She was my main gaming buddy at home and spiderman was our last platinum together. Shame we never made it to 50 on this profile.

Edited by coldsphinx93

I was planning to plat Valkyria Chronicles this weekend, but something unexpected happened, which reduced the gaming time. Got another Eye of Tryt Mask in Toukiden, so only 7 more enemy drops remaining :dance:. Also managed to level up all three weapons to +9 for a second time and collect enough money to forge a mitama into them. Since this costs a ton of money, I just saved the game, reloaded once the trophy popped, and used that money to forge armour and level up mitama for boosts. I almost accidentally popped too many trophies, but VC can still become trophy #9,000. In VC I also completed all story missions, reports, and skirmishes with an  A rank, so got that trophy too. It was a surprise to see that one wasn't synced, then I remembered there was a new system update that has yet to be installed -_- .

On 9/15/2018 at 4:29 PM, voodoo_eyes said:

I quite liked the art style overall, and liked the fact that it basically has no fan service. What I didn't like, is that the story basically starts over 3 times with different characters. Essentially having to level them up again. I know it's for a later plot development, but it just felt like they're recycling the game in the game itself. Then again, the only other dungeon crawler I played was Mnid Zero. Turns out it's not really my genre either way :P .

I've played Demon Gaze, Demon Gaze II, Operation Abyss, and Mary Skelter, but none of those restarts the game with new characters. It's something I didn't like in Ray Gigant.

On 9/15/2018 at 8:23 PM, NetEntity said:

Gynophobia - Fear of Women - Saints Row: Gat out of Hell [:devil: :platinum: # 66 :devil:]

1Se9ceee.png

Aside from the screams of tormented souls it's actually quite lovely here...

That's a fitting plat for #66.

• Like 1

@Mesopithecus #Team Cujo

Was able to platinum both parts of Shenmue this Weekend. After playing the second game I saw that I can´t use it for another category that I have left. I wanted to Play this games because I heard only good experience with the games. But I Need to say it didn´t catch me at all :dunno:It was rather boring the most time and the work you Need to do really feels like real work and that sucks. I´t felt like I needed forever to do all the workdays on the Harbour. There are slide improvements to the second part of the game because you can Forward time for Story Events which you can´t in the first game.

Not sure if the game is just to old for me but I can´t recommend the games so far.

Spoiler

1.Samhainophobia - Fear of Halloween. - ?
2. Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia. Fear of spiders, bugs, snakes - ?
3.  Kinemortophobia. Fear of the undead. - ?
4. Thanatophobia. Fear of dring - Jotun - :platinum:
5.  Monophobia. Fear of being alone. - Titan Souls - 98%
6.  Dementophobia. Fear of insanity. - Batman: Return to Arkham - Arkham Asylum :platinum:
7. Chronophobia. Fear of time. - Shenmue 1 - :platinum:
8. Decidophobia. Fear of decisions. - ?
9. Technophobia. Fear of technology - Borderlands - The Pre Sequel 1f4af.png:platinum:

10. Acrophobia. Fear of heights - Yakuza Kiwami 2 - :platinum:
11. Metathesiophobia. Fear of change - ?
12. Gynophobia. Fear of women - ?
13. Phobophobia. Fear of fear itself - Crash Bandicoot: Warped - :platinum:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I've played Demon Gaze, Demon Gaze II, Operation Abyss, and Mary Skelter, but none of those restarts the game with new characters. It's something I didn't like in Ray Gigant.

The thing I didn't like about Ray Gigant - it's just so... flat. Cookie-cutter shonen story, and no difficulty a fun dungeon crawler do not make.

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That's a fitting plat for #66.

That's why I absolutely had to put it in that spot. 

2 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

The thing I didn't like about Ray Gigant - it's just so... flat. Cookie-cutter shonen story, and no difficulty a fun dungeon crawler do not make.

That's why I absolutely had to put it in that spot. 

Yeah, I agree. The game was by far the easiest dungeon crawler I've played. The final boss was very disappointing, as the game builds up to it quite early in the game. After beating it, I was left with a feeling of "that's it?". Also wasn't a fan of how bosses were recycled during the last 2 chapters. I did like the Evolve system though.

Do you have anything special in mind for plat #69 :awesome: ?

20 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah, I agree. The game was by far the easiest dungeon crawler I've played. The final boss was very disappointing, as the game builds up to it quite early in the game. After beating it, I was left with a feeling of "that's it?". Also wasn't a fan of how bosses were recycled during the last 2 chapters. I did like the Evolve system though.

I guess it helps that I feel totally demotivated when playing the game. Most of the time I feel like I don't remember what happened 5 minutes ago. So I don't really know if I caught a glimpse of the final boss or not. :P

5 hours ago, Arctic Cress said:

Got my first completion for Team Chucky by completing Muv-Luv Alternative, and it truly deserves the praise it gets as one of the best visual novels. That's my 99th platinum overall so I'll be working on #100, but no worries, my choice for it is already on my list and I was planning on it being there anyway.

Congrats. I also really enjoyed my time with the MLA. Only downside are the kinda stupid will-related trophies. But otherwise it was a a top-notch story.

Edited by Crimson Idol

11 hours ago, coldsphinx93 said:

Got the platinum in spiderman so I'll most likely be working something from my list soon. I had to put my cat down this weekend so the motivation to play is just not there right now. She was my main gaming buddy at home and spiderman was our last platinum together. Shame we never made it to 50 on this profile.

I'm really sorry for your loss :(

@Dragon-Archon @Crimson Idol @NetEntity I feel like I'm the only person who actually enjoyed Ray Gigant :giggle:  The only downside for me was leveling the characters from scratch on the different story arcs.