Trophophobia - Face your Fears (Thanks for playing!)

On 9/4/2018 at 6:07 PM, Cassylvania said:

My favorite game of the year, personally. That said, you have a ton of other really great games to play through. I'm jealous!

Is that so? I have only played a few of the games on my list, so I'm curious to see how this goes. Which in particular should I be excited for? :D

• Like 1

Ok, so I did quite the screw up, I was playing Resident evil and going for the trophy that requires to pick up all the items in all the rooms, and did it in Survival game mode to reduce the ammount of items to pick, but I forgot one in the sanctuary where you fight Lisa and then the game didn't let me go back...

33 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Is that so? I have only played a few of the games on my list, so I'm curious to see how this goes. Which in particular should I be excited for? :D

Resident 4 is a classic (I haven't played it yet, but I've liked all the others in the series), Unravel is good, Yomawari is fantastic, Heavy Rain is entertaining (even if you don't care for the story), and Gravity Rush is really fun. I liked Gone Home, but it's short. SotC is considered one of the best games of its time.

Haven't played the others, but I'll likely do L.A. Noire for this event. Just not sure which category it's going to fit under, since I foolishly made Oxenfree my Decidophobia game.

• Like 3

It's great seeing the explosive starts from those here. I'm currently at the last planet (Nox Obscurus) of my final playthrough in Star Ocean 4 so I'll be making my way to the board really soon too.

Team Pinhead representin'!

Edited by Lum1nous1
  • Like 1

Update for Team Freddy as i completed my first game and for the Captain Category even :P 

:platinum: Bloodborne

A tough challenge but a great game and i am really surprised how many people got this :platinum: here on PSNP... i am so glad that there were poeple joining online as some bosses especially in the DLC area were hard... new game+ on the contrary is easier than the DLC D: ...

• Like 2

Well that was quick...but for $5 I guess it would be. The Candyman can because he mixes in a Platinum too! Eekeemoo: Splinter of Dark Shard and my Kinemortophobia entry is complete! Even at $5...I'd say wait for a sale before picking this one up lol It was about three hours of game time and nothing really memorable but if you want a quick, easy Plat...you could do worse :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Resident 4 is a classic (I haven't played it yet, but I've liked all the others in the series), Unravel is good, Yomawari is fantastic, Heavy Rain is entertaining (even if you don't care for the story), and Gravity Rush is really fun. I liked Gone Home, but it's short. SotC is considered one of the best games of its time.

Haven't played the others, but I'll likely do L.A. Noire for this event. Just not sure which category it's going to fit under, since I foolishly made Oxenfree my Decidophobia game.

Ah, all the ones you named minus Yomawari and Gravity Rush are games I'm somewhat familiar with! I picked them cuz the lists need to be finished lol.

Oxenfree is really good though! It's not perfect or anything, but I do think it's incredibly underrated. What do you mean by foolishly? :hmm:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Oxenfree is really good though! It's not perfect or anything, but I do think it's incredibly underrated. What do you mean by foolishly? :hmm:

Decidophobia is one of the more open categories. I could've used that for almost anything. Instead, I wasted it on a game that likely would have fit in a more niche category.

No matter. I finished Fear Effect Sedna, and it was...weird. I guess I gotta choose a category in order to get on the board. (It could literally fulfill all 13 -- except maybe Chronophobia -- which is amazing.)

Let's go with... Metathesiophobia. Why change? Well, for one, I don't normally go to the PSN store, search for a random word, and then buy the first game I see without looking at any reviews. I guarantee you that every other game on my list will be something I researched extensively before buying/renting/stealing. To that end, I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.

Plus, the whole game is about people turning into shit.

• Like 1

Thanatophobia - There's no fun in just dying once.

L8ef2ac.png

Here They Lie

This is a weird one, literally. While the idea behind the story might be interesting, the process of getting there is just dull. For some reason this game had barely an options menu and no way to regulate sound. It also seems to use the wrong sound effects every now and then, especially when walking over wooden planks or metal.

Progress 5/13

Spoiler

1. Samhainophobia - waiting for Halloween sale

2. Arachnophobia/Entomophobia/Ophidiophobia - Swapquest (spiders and snakes are some of the enemies)

3.  Kinemortophobia - Mages of Mystralia (has skeletons that revive, if you don't destroy their remains)

4. Thanatophobia - Here They Lie

5.  Monophobia - The Long Reach

6.  Dementophobia - Layers of Fear (as far as I know the theme for this game is "madness", so it should fit)

7. Chronophobia - Shantae Half-Genie Hero (speedrun)

8. Decidophobia - Heavy Rain

9. Technophobia - Nier Automata

10. Acrophobia - Licky the Lucky Lizard Lives Again

11. Metathesiophobia (finished) - Poi

12. Gynophobia (finished) - Whispering Willows

13. Phobophobia - Inside (you play as a little boy, which fullfills the "Team Chucky" condition)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Zippyhammer said:

Ok, so I did quite the screw up, I was playing Resident evil and going for the trophy that requires to pick up all the items in all the rooms, and did it in Survival game mode to reduce the ammount of items to pick, but I forgot one in the sanctuary where you fight Lisa and then the game didn't let me go back...

I don't get how you're locked out, there's no area you can't get back to. I got that trophy by loading a save in the lab and then just working my way back through the areas where I left items. Those areas included the aqua ring, residence and the underground. 

14 minutes ago, paranoia_agent85 said:

I don't get how you're locked out, there's no area you can't get back to. I got that trophy by loading a save in the lab and then just working my way back through the areas where I left items. Those areas included the aqua ring, residence and the underground. 

If I try to use the elevator it says "There's no reason to go back"

Team Jason:

I will add the Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for my Dementophobia challenge. I already cleared the main game, but the Jack the Ripper DLC is:

• Based all around fear powers which could be considered sanity related
  • Has a mission in an old asylum
  • Is around 8 hours long according to the guides

Also, it's on sale for the first time ever (may only be 30%, but it's good enough for me)

Additional question: Do we need to call a game before we clear it or can we add it after the fact? For example, if I wouldn't have done my research and cleared the DLC today, not knowing about the asylum, could I put it on my list anyway?

Edited by ArtikSkarab
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Mortal Kombat X - King of the HIll.

I join a room...it is full...guy wins match...NO ONE BUT ME GIVES ANY POINTS. 

Next round guy beats the King...NO ONE BUT ME GIVES ANY POINTS.

I FUCKING HATE THIS TROPHY BECAUSE NO ONE GIVES ANY POINTS TO ANYONE.

And this is why I boycott all online trophies. :P

Have a headache right now, not sure if I will game today, will probably just sleep all day. I f'king hate being middle-aged... :(

• Like 1

Got everyone updated :D

@voodoo_eyes Glad to see you loved Nier Automata, it is one of my favorite games and the sound track is just incredible

@ArtikSkarab It's fine to add a game after the fact, as long as it has been completed during the event timeframe.  I intend on doing that with a couple of my own games

@DragonQuest238 Hope your headache feels better after some rest

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Got everyone updated :D

@voodoo_eyes Glad to see you loved Nier Automata, it is one of my favorite games and the sound track is just incredible

@ArtikSkarab It's fine to add a game after the fact, as long as it has been completed during the event timeframe.  I intend on doing that with a couple of my own games

@DragonQuest238 Hope your headache feels better after some rest

It's a game that's right up my alley and there was only one thing that bugged me a bit, which was the fast travel unlocking fairly late into the game.

Some progress here :

1. Contrast 100%
2. Devil May Cry :platinum:

3. Deadlight Director's Cut

4. Axiom Verge :platinum:
5. Shadow of the Colossus

6. The Town of Light

7. LocoRoco Remastered

8. Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy

9. Machinarium
10. Fez 100%

11. Wheels of Aurelia :platinum:

12. Dishonored : Death of the Outsider

13. What Remains of Edith Finch

Fears vanquished : 5/13

Edited by gerboize
  • Like 3

I did complete Dead Rising 2, so that's something... I'm just depressed because I've wasted days now trying to finish the plat for Handball 16. Every time I get close to the end it bugs out and forces me to restart, like 6 times now... I was expecting to be done with 2064 and half way with White day by now...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I will add my game for the 13th Category (Phobophobia), Cosmic Star Heroine, the game is great for team Cujo, the first enemy is a mutant dog trying to kill you xD

Question, for the Gamophobia challenge I can play my games in any order as long as I don't change them, right?

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 1