TWD: The Final Season Trophy Thoughts

They've made games with missable trophies. 

The Wolf Among Us 

Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 

Back to the Future

Other earlier titles. 

I don't exactly see how making any of them missable is going to change the experience of a Telltale game for the better. 

I didn't exactly like revisiting sections to collect collectables in the Wolf Among Us. Seemed kind of pointless. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Walt the Dog said:

I'm gonna go ahead and be that guy and say that I'm kinda disappointed with the direction this list took. Everything about these games is designed around making your own choices and playing blind, so having trophies that could potentially work against that point by either requiring certain choices to be made or just outright forcing you to make both sides of a decision seems fairly ill-advised. Also doesn't help that one of my favorite parts about TT games was not having to follow a guide at all for the plat unlike so many other EZPZ games, which will almost certainly not be the case here given the existence of collectables and miscellaneous trophies, particularly given how those manifested in The Wolf Among Us and Minecraft S1, the other post-TWD S1 TT games to have trophies outside of just clearing the story.

^ This. Has nothing to do adding with variety to the trophy list or the difficultly of it. The platinum will still be easy as hell. But @Walt the Dog explains it here perfectly. My exact thoughts.

About goddamn time. The Wolf Among Us had a trophy for really basic collectibles (The book of fables), so seeing them add a little bit more thought to the games is nice. I really do enjoy TT The Walking Dead.

Of course I am sure people will trivialize these trophies by looking at guides as they play. Seriously, if you want these kinds of trophies, but are afraid to explore for them yourselves... I don't understand you.

I actually don't like it?..

And before people attack me that I want Ezmode plats!111! Chill! It's not that reason.

I've always loved every telltale game because it's the only game where I can actually crawl into my bed with my controller half asleep, have a nice drink and just check out the story and be done with it without any guide or focus to not miss anything. (Advanced Visual Nova I guess?)

I just saw the trophy guide:

http://www.powerpyx.com/the-walking-dead-the-final-season-trophy-guide-roadmap/

I’m too a bit disappointed with this list. There’s no chapter select, almost all trophies are missable, you have to worry about where to save the game and about dialogue choices.

Telltale games used to be some of the few story-driven games, that I could enjoy without having to worry about all those things listed above and still get the platinum. 

What’s the point of this? It will be easy anyway and I will just be more stressed... I guess I just have to get used to it...

• Like 1

Trophy thoughts:

Spoiler

I think I'm an idiot for scrolling down and seeing the one near the end with the arm, and the ones around it with their particular wording, and basically confirming what I already kinda knew, that Clem was gonna go out exactly like Lee did years back and now I'm dying on the inside.

Edited by BlindMango
Added spoiler tag

5 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

It's a thread about the trophy list, if you're in here, you've looked at the trophy list. If not, you're doing it wrong.

Your post shows up on unread posts and no one else in the thread mentioned any spoiler.

Unless the thread specifically says Spoilers, and even if it does, it's usually polite to use a spoiler tag for a highly anticipated game that isn't released yet. That way the text doesn't show up in unread posts for people to accidentally read. :)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Your post shows up on unread posts and no one else in the thread mentioned any spoiler.

Unless the thread specifically says Spoilers, and even if it does, it's usually polite to use a spoiler tag for a highly anticipated game that isn't released yet. That way the text doesn't show up in unread posts for people to accidentally read. :)

Look, I feel you, it's definitely common courtesy to do that. You're not wrong. I'd have done it if I remembered, but it's very rare I talk about something so close to release on the interwebs that it's not really something that crosses my mind, so yeah, apologies are in order and so on if I spoiled you or anyone else unwillingly,

But why would you be on a trophy thoughts thread if you hadn't finished looking at all the trophies? And had the hypothetical person seen all the trophies, they've have seen *it* too.

• Like 1

After all my searching, I'm assuming there definitely isn't a way to save manually in more than one spot, and so my original choices have now gone because I had to go back and clean up the remaining trophies?

They should have left them as 'just play through the game' trophies. 

Edited by Beeinhollywood

Personally I've found every Telltale game that I've played to be pretty bad, borderline unplayable.  If it wasn't for the easy trophies I would have never even thought about trying one of their games in the first place.  I was pretty annoyed when I checked the trophy list to be safe about 20 minutes into the game (I missed a collectable so I have to start over sigh) and saw the collectable and missable trophies.  It's just one game so I'll play through it since I bought it already but after this game I absolutely won't bother with a telltale game that has collectables - honestly even with the easy trophies I still find it difficult to complete them because the stories are just so poorly written.  

6 hours ago, therdre044 said:

Personally I've found every Telltale game that I've played to be pretty bad, borderline unplayable.  If it wasn't for the easy trophies I would have never even thought about trying one of their games in the first place.  I was pretty annoyed when I checked the trophy list to be safe about 20 minutes into the game (I missed a collectable so I have to start over sigh) and saw the collectable and missable trophies.  It's just one game so I'll play through it since I bought it already but after this game I absolutely won't bother with a telltale game that has collectables - honestly even with the easy trophies I still find it difficult to complete them because the stories are just so poorly written.  

Poorly written? Just about every telltale game I have played has had a pretty damn engaging story with hard to make decisions. Some are definitely not as good as others but poorly written? No. You should definitely keep your opinion to yourself since it is a pretty irrelevant one. If you only play for easy trophies stick to those piece of shit games that take 10 mins to plat.

Edited by rolltideroll157
  • Like 1

I'm a bit surprised that they didn't do the whole "complete so & so chapter of so & so episode" trophies like most of the trophies on the other TWD games they did, was expecting them to do such a list seeing as how the others have those type of trophy lists but it's also going to be interesting to so just how easy the trophies are to get throughout the game

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 9:20 AM, Ash Williams said:

I haven't even played season three yet... I'm tired of Telltale stuff.

TWD1 was a cool game, though. TWD2 was disappointing (especially that crackhead character that made me wear a coat I didn't want and who didn't think about walking on thin ice instead of crawling - I let her die in the water on my second playthrough). I've heard much negativity about TWD3.

Here's hoping TWD4 marks the beginning of a new (fresh) era. Possibly with TWAU2.

Season 3 was good, don't listen to what people say, is was better that season 2, way better.

Edited by FlareZero