Venocide

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel I & II For PS4 Coming West Early 2019

55 posts in this topic

I love Falcom, but have never played a Legend of Heroes game, even though I've listened to all of the Trails of Cold Steel soundtracks, because Falcom does the best music. Been waiting for these PS4 releases. I'll buy for sure.

Edited by communistwookiee
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind playing these good RPGs once again on the PS4. Always hoped they might include the Japanese dub for a different experience. The steelbook case for both games looks stunning and they have no doubt imo some of the best music in RPGs. Might the 3rd and 4th installment be released next? I guess time will tell.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish they'd announced this a month ago before I decided to replay both CSI and II again... if there's a separate list, I'll consider buying them again, though those steelbooks look nice.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed these 2 games on the vita so I'll rebuy them again if for no other reason than it hopefully helping to get 3 and 4 out here sooner.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gameoverDude189 said:

 a 50-mira coin?  You have me there.

1

Selling point, no doubts.

I wouldn't be so convinced if mira coin wasn't there.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew abstaining from purchasing the PS3 versions was a wise choice. Now I'll finally get to see what all the fuss is about with this series.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, guess I'll buy both Steelbooks and play both on my PS4. And hope for a fast release of CS3 and CS4 here.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2018 at 1:25 PM, dermarx said:

Well, guess I'll buy both Steelbooks and play both on my PS4. And hope for a fast release of CS3 and CS4 here.

With the English PS4 version of CS and CSII being released in 2019, I'm expecting CSIII in 2020 and CSIV in 2021.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed when I went on to Amazon earlier that the EU versions of the game will be getting the same cover art as the PS3/Vita versions. I'm okay with that.

 

91iVuZuMJ+L._SL1500_.jpg

 

81GaH-wnKfL._SL1500_.jpg

 

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Varion's (the CS1 & 2 translator) Twitter avatar is now CS4 Renne. Is this a good sign that something's going on with CS3, or am I too optimistic?  I'm guessing the 2nd half of 2019... if it is 2020, then maybe 1st quarter.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2018 at 11:36 PM, gameoverDude189 said:

Varion's (the CS1 & 2 translator) Twitter avatar is now CS4 Renne. Is this a good sign that something's going on with CS3, or am I too optimistic?  I'm guessing the 2nd half of 2019... if it is 2020, then maybe 1st quarter.

It's bad news.

 

Fuck why did it have to be NIS America of all companies

 

http://www.siliconera.com/2019/01/17/nis-america-bringing-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii-westward-in-fall-2019/

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Personally I don't mind this at all, The whole Ys was blown out way too much sure it had issues but they went and fixed it and now its rather good translation.
NIS could release a poor translation, patch it with a better one before Xseed even starts working on the game. Bottom line Xseed take way too long and have been more of a focus on PC of late.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2018 at 1:14 PM, Venocide said:

I noticed when I went on to Amazon earlier that the EU versions of the game will be getting the same cover art as the PS3/Vita versions. I'm okay with that.

 

91iVuZuMJ+L._SL1500_.jpg

 

81GaH-wnKfL._SL1500_.jpg

 

 

 

 

Oof... those look so good... hopefully the american versions come with reversible covers so we can also get these.

Edited by AndresLionheart
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

OMG... what?  While I'm glad that Sen no Kiseki III is finally about to become Trails of Cold Steel III,  I'd like to think you are kidding about NISA.  The release date window of Fall 2019 is about what I expected.  Now, let's say some prayers that NISA doesn't botch it.  A fix would likely not be relatively easy like Ys VIII's was, especially if it's in the game's script.   I sure hope we get the original English VAs for returning characters, & that I'm right about Varion being the translator.

 

If there is a PC port (wouldn't doubt it), they really need to get Durante to work on it like the first 2.

 

Sure wish I could know why XSeed isn't doing it. Maybe anything to do with Tom & Brittany's leaving?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized this new version on PS4 has japanese voice, now I prefer wait and play it on PS4... I saw both game on vita for 40€ but with only english-dub I pass.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All you people excited for Cold Steel III, I still need to play the the first two games xD I know the first TOCS comes out this month, but it'll have to wait until I finish KH3. 

 

Looking forward to playing it, heard nothing but good things. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlchemistWer said:

I just realized this new version on PS4 has japanese voice, now I prefer wait and play it on PS4... I saw both game on vita for 40€ but with only english-dub I pass.

The dub is great in my opinion. I'd definitely watch a few videos first before brushing it off though this is coming from someone who prefers to hear his native language whenever possible

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to know the PS4 versions of I & II have the Japanese voice, but I'll stick with the dub.

It's good to hear Sean Chiplock narrating that ToCS III trailer.

Quote

(quote from Siliconera)

Supposedly, certain English localization staff who previously worked on the series are working with NIS America on the translation. More information could come during this panel.

Edited by gameoverDude189
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, majob said:

The dub is great in my opinion. I'd definitely watch a few videos first before brushing it off though this is coming from someone who prefers to hear his native language whenever possible

Maybe the english voice can be great, but to me a japanese game in general lose a lot of player-experience when the only available dub is english. But again it's just a personal preference, if this PS4 version has a separate trophy list for the rest of the version (PS3 and Vita) probably could play again each game but since it will be my first time with the legend of heroes I would like to hear japanese.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

Maybe the english voice can be great, but to me a japanese game in general lose a lot of player-experience when the only available dub is english. But again it's just a personal preference, if this PS4 version has a separate trophy list for the rest of the version (PS3 and Vita) probably could play again each game but since it will be my first time with the legend of heroes I would like to hear japanese.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2141-英雄伝説-閃の軌跡

This page for the Asian release of ToCS has a single trophy list for PS4, PS3, & Vita... I'm guessing the USA PS4 version might be like this.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

Maybe the english voice can be great, but to me a japanese game in general lose a lot of player-experience when the only available dub is english. But again it's just a personal preference, if this PS4 version has a separate trophy list for the rest of the version (PS3 and Vita) probably could play again each game but since it will be my first time with the legend of heroes I would like to hear japanese.

A good localizer preserves the dialogue but knows direct translations make for stiff and disjointed dialogue because of the complexity  and structure of the japanese language and arranges it to make it more fluid and similar to its translated language. I personally feel the Trails game did this excellently and Brittany herself even said she went for the most accurate word for word translation she could while arranging it to work with English in a more natural fashion

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, majob said:

A good localizer preserves the dialogue but knows direct translations make for stiff and disjointed dialogue because of the complexity  and structure of the japanese language and arranges it to make it more fluid and similar to its translated language. I personally feel the Trails game did this excellently and Brittany herself even said she went for the most accurate word for word translation she could while arranging it to work with English in a more natural fashion

Yeah you are right, sometimes is very hard find a good trnaslartion, and play a game with this kind a problem is a pain, but a lot of people think the dub in the first trails of is bad. For example when I play Persona 3 dancing was the first time I hear Elizh voice and it was awesome even to me is now a new character because she feel more lively than when play Persona 3 with only english dub. But again just a personal opinion and preference.

1 hour ago, gameoverDude189 said:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2141-英雄伝説-閃の軌跡

This page for the Asian release of ToCS has a single trophy list for PS4, PS3, & Vita... I'm guessing the USA PS4 version might be like this.

Good to know, usually I like when a game have more than 1 trophy list because if I enjoy the story for sure I could play it one more time.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, gameoverDude189 said:

PS4 versions of I & II have the Japanese voice,

Too bad that I already bought and started Cold Steel 2 on vita. English dub is decent for what it is, but I would like to play with intended voice actors, that doesn't all sound the same. I hope they will secure the dusal audio for the third game. The party seiyuu line-up for that game looks great.

Edited by Akrioz
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can use some good news.  How about this? Brittany Avery (Hatsuu) is the Localization Producer & Freelance Editor. She'll help out with casting & recording.  Kris Knigge, who had been involved with the first 2 ToCS, is an editor & consultant.  Ryan Thomson is also there for translation/proofing.

 

http://www.siliconera.com/2019/01/18/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii-script-is-2-4x-larger-than-the-witcher-iiis/

https://gematsu.com/2019/01/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-i-and-ii-localization-staff-working-on-iii

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.