Wondering what Red Dead Redemption 2 MP Trophies will be

RoxasOnFire

8 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Is it me, or am I the only one constantly googling Red Dead 2 trophy leaks to see how much the MP is going to take to grind? Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked to play it, but come on, just give us like 100 single player trophies. 

Please

It's just you. Besides, there's always DLC mp trophies that can be added.

Just now, Smashero said:

Nice click-bait Bro...

Exactly this.

• Like 1

I think a lot of people are excited thinking about what RDR2's trophy list will be. Rockstar doesn't really reinvent the wheel when it comes to their trophies. I think if you've played a handful of their games, you should notice a common web with what trophies they like to do for their games.

Just hope that the similarities are more towards RDR1 and not Max Payne 3. Damn that MP3 trophy list still hurts my eyeballs.

@BlackSquirrell1 yeah I expect trophies to be added, (which is cool) it's the base game I'm concerned with mostly. 

@Valyrious Yeah Max Payne 3 was a pain. I'm still missing max level trophies for mp bc I don't want to grind out that stage for xp. That game was linear though,  so this list will likely be like rdr1 just hopefully w/o a max level grind.  

I also would like to know what trophies we get for RDR2.
Since the game will be releasing in 2,5 weeks I think we will know the trophy list 1 week before the game will be released.
And then we also have a RDR2 Forum on this site.

For MP I think there will be levels, and also levels for your horse.
Becasue you will encounter players that will kill other players horses for fun, so the bonding and them dying might not be practical there. But I think they will do it with bonding, and that you horse is also 'saved' somewhere. I also think there will be MP missions, and trophies with that.

Edited by NL_Sion
  • Like 1

On 4.10.2018 at 5:58 PM, BlackSquirrell1 said:

So what are we thinking, around 80 trophies for the base game?

I'm afraid that is not possible.

A base game without any DLC can have a maximum of 1.230 Trophy points. Minus the Platinum (180) that leaves 1.050 points to spend. That would be a maximum of 70 Bronze Trophies (15 points each) and no Silver or Golden one's, which I highly doubt and don't think it has ever happened.

The last two Tomb Raider games have a lot of Bronze's, but still a Gold each. Shadow of the Tomb Raider had 64 Bronze + 1 Gold.

Personally, I expect RDR2 to have two or three Golden Trophies. Game completion, 100% and maybe something like a high Online Level, like in GTA V. I think it's going to have a total of roughly 50 Trophies, give or take, like many other major games.

Not sure how the chances are, but with RDR Online not releasing until either later this year or maybe early next year, no Online Trophies would be a dream.

I loved the first but i never really felt like i had much reason to go out and explore because so much of the list was a multiplayer grind, i really feel like i missed out because im sure there was a lot of side activities and whatnot that i could have had fun with but without the reward of a trophy to send you curiously down that rabbit hole of exploration theres just to little motivation. Its the same with GTA 5. In big expanded worlds like this i want trophies that are gonna send me searching into every nook and cranny and fully exploring what the game has to offer.

Heavy focus on multiplayer games just makes me play it through the story then sit it on the back burner for years while i tell myself ill come back and do multiplayer one day, but never do.

15 hours ago, Terarded said:

I loved the first but i never really felt like i had much reason to go out and explore because so much of the list was a multiplayer grind, i really feel like i missed out because im sure there was a lot of side activities and whatnot that i could have had fun with but without the reward of a trophy to send you curiously down that rabbit hole of exploration theres just to little motivation. Its the same with GTA 5. In big expanded worlds like this i want trophies that are gonna send me searching into every nook and cranny and fully exploring what the game has to offer.

Heavy focus on multiplayer games just makes me play it through the story then sit it on the back burner for years while i tell myself ill come back and do multiplayer one day, but never do.

I am the oposide then I think.
In RDR1 I spend so many times with 'doing nothing' or something. Just riding around, watching and folowing people, explore the world. etc.
In RDR2 I will probebly spend a lot of time exploring, hunting, fishing, do some burgary, rob some people, steal horses and then sell those for money. And then also interact with the people in the camp. Perfect.

And I hope we can rob graves as well. (Seth style!)

I would welcome everything except an excessive level grind.

R* did everything to prolong leveling up in GTA V and I think that wont change in RDR2.

I dont remember how I reached level 50 in RDR (it was Pike's Basin hideout), but in GTA IV and GTA V I've played N.O.O.S.E. & Criminal Records all day long, and I wouldnt miss a similiar grind in RDR 2 tbh.

If they make a reasonable grind out of the trophies, fine. (30h-50h)

Edited by Mori