HITMAN 2 trophy thoughts?

MidnightDragon

huge joke. seriously considering to cancel my preorder... 14 dlc packs upfront instead of one big list (7 dlc packs from the first hitman on ps4...) no platinum... at this point the devs are trolling...

edit// cancelled my pre-order... 

Edited by zeit86geist
  • Like 4

I can only think that Hitman 2 is going to be what Hitman [2016] was going to be.  Hopefully that means that there will not be a Hitman 3, and that future levels (i.e. season 3) will be added to this game.  Would kind of make sense them doing this now that they have switched publishers from Square-Enix to Warner Bros.  Fingers crossed that that is the case, as for as much stick this game has already got for re-publishing the season 1 trophies, can you imagine if they did the same with a future Hitman 3?

7 hours ago, zeit86geist said:

huge joke. seriously considering to cancel my preorder... 14 dlc packs before the game is even out (7 dlc packs from the first hitman on ps4...) no platinum... at this point the devs are trolling...

edit// cancelled my pre-order... 

Did you get sniper assassin with your pre-order.  I'm wondering since I downloaded that and played it if that will make it so I can't cancel.

Let me be the one positive voice on here...

Trophy list in general:

I'm excited. This trophy list tells me that the devs found something that works with the previous game, and that the upcoming game will make use of most of the same building blocks, with some stuff being a bit more polished, and with new locations/stories. This is a great thing for me because the previous game was the first Hitman game I actually played through to the end, and I loved it. Seems like the new locations also have a trophy for a higher difficulty level, but I'm just going to play through the game like normal. I expect a few months from now, there will be YouTube vids on easy walkthroughs to guide me through that bigger difficulty (I like Hitman but I'm horrible at stealth ?). Only sad thing is it seems the tutorial in this game is the same as it was in the last game, but then again this also gives more weight to my assertion that this game will be "like the last, but more polished", which is not a bad thing in my eyes.

On having many DLC packs day one, but no platinum:

I guess the devs figured a similar structure to the previous game would work. Perhaps the game was considered as being episodic too earlier in development? Anyway, having this many DLC packs and no platinum makes the game able to get away with an encompassing trophy list for each location, which is cool. I personally am not bothered with the lack of a platinum, and having it all in DLC packs makes it easier for me to navigate what needs to be done in each location.

On the same set of trophies for the remastered first game:

I get that many people here are more invested in trophies than I am, but seriously, how is this a bad thing? To all those who are annoyed by these trophies (who, I'm expecting, identify as trophy hunters), answer me this: would you have even bothered eith the remastered levels if they hadn't had trophies? Personally, I've played through the game only a few months ago and I'm going for the 100% at this moment, but I don't mind getting the same levels polished up to the level of Hitman 2, even if it means doing a whole lot over. Come to think of it, I'm looking forward to a game that will keep me going for so many hours.

• Like 1

Big Hitman fan here. But this one i'll skip for a long time at least. Not because of the trophies, but because of the policy of the developers. They released the first game in 3 different versions and now they even bring up the fourth with bringing the missions back. Than the copy and pasting trophy lists. And again no platinum lol. Bringing up all episodes at once but no platinum... stupid. The episodic format didn't work for the first game. Game mechanics and all was good but story was terrible. There was almost nothing. The Hitman feeling was gone. I'll maybe buy this some time later, when they released 3 different versions again to empty your pockets for the very whole experience. While they will release half of the game for free in psn store again... You'll see.

I have to add my opinion to the whole “no plat no buy” bullshit alot of people seem to do. Listen, i can think of a multitude of reasons why they didnt add a platinum but canceling your pre-order because you think youre entitled is so fucking childish. I get that youre paying for a product, you expect certain things to be to your liking, fair enough but sometimes its not always like that. Does that diminish the quality of the product? No not necessarily. If hitman 2 is anything like the first season, it will be great if not better.

they pull the no platinum trophy again, but youre compensated and get 118 trophies instead. Why cant you just be happy? Sure half of them are for the original locations, sucks i guess depending on who you ask but consider them a bonus to the main content of hitman 2. 

Like i said many moons ago in the wolfenstein 2 mein leben thread... if you cancel your pre-order because of a trophy... then how the fuck do you expect the developers to take you seriously? Im seriously asking. They spend alot of time making what might be a fantastic game and wants people to buy what they worked so hard on but no, youre worrying about a platinum trophy that might rip you of enjoyment. I love platinums too and it sucks sure but grow up.

i forgot to add that to all the people who cancelled their wolfenstein 2 pre-order because of the mein leben trophy, i still laugh in their face to this day. Not only did it made them look like fools but they robbed themselves of one of the best fps out there.

do what you will with your money but by the end of the day, youre just fooling yourself.

Edited by UlvenFenrir
  • Like 2

I apologize for the upcoming rant. As a game, HITMAN is great, fantastic even. However...

I can't comprehend why they are tacking on HITMAN as HITMAN 2 DLC and releasing trophies for it. HITMAN was released episodically, AND in a GOTY edition, AND now within HITMAN 2. It's extremely available for people to pick up and play, it's not an old or previous gen game people can't get their hands on. On Xbox, its even free on Game Pass for god sake.  For some of the trophies in HITMAN 2 required for the 100% to be for a different game, is completely ridiculous. It's not a collection, so it makes no sense. 

They should have done what Far Cry 5 did and had it downloadable as a standalone game (which it already freaking is) if they really wanted to bundle it in to offer gamers more value. To my knowledge, you have to pay or have owned HITMAN anyway for the HITMAN Legacy DLC...so, if you're in the latter camp, you...would have already all the trophies available to you? Yeh, as you can see, I really can't get my head around this decision. 

Another concern is the possible return of glitched achievements/trophies from HITMAN. I never maxed it out but really enjoyed HITMAN, so I went back to get 100% (on Xbox), but never did as I found out 2 of the Bangkok trophies were permanently glitched for many people, and they never bothered to patch it.  If they haven't fixed it now, then all hell will break loose on these forums, because people may be barred from getting the 100% in HITMAN 2 because of trophies from another game!

Also the platinum situation isn't really fair. People cancelling pre-orders, thats a bit ridiculous, but no platinum for a base game that will likely take  40-50 hours, and a total 100% taking around 100 hours with the LEGACY DLC is just mean. I think it needs to become a requirement for all PS4 games to have platinum, the fact you can get a platinum in SLYDE in literally 2-3 minutes but not in a 50 hours minimum game is bananas.  

Edited by phantomfear9494
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

I have to add my opinion to the whole “no plat no buy” bullshit alot of people seem to do. Listen, i can think of a multitude of reasons why they didnt add a platinum but canceling your pre-order because you think youre entitled is so fucking childish. I get that youre paying for a product, you expect certain things to be to your liking, fair enough but sometimes its not always like that. Does that diminish the quality of the product? No not necessarily. If hitman 2 is anything like the first season, it will be great if not better.

they pull the no platinum trophy again, but youre compensated and get 118 trophies instead. Why cant you just be happy? Sure half of them are for the original locations, sucks i guess depending on who you ask but consider them a bonus to the main content of hitman 2. 

Like i said many moons ago in the wolfenstein 2 mein leben thread... if you cancel your pre-order because of a trophy... then how the fuck do you expect the developers to take you seriously? Im seriously asking. They spend alot of time making what might be a fantastic game and wants people to buy what they worked so hard on but no, youre worrying about a platinum trophy that might rip you of enjoyment. I love platinums too and it sucks sure but grow up.

i forgot to add that to all the people who cancelled their wolfenstein 2 pre-order because of the mein leben trophy, i still laugh in their face to this day. Not only did it made them look like fools but they robbed themselves of one of the best fps out there.

do what you will with your money but by the end of the day, youre just fooling yourself.

Why are you so angry? Take a chill pill bro.

• Like 1

i played all hitman games (im a fan of stealth games and hitman) besides last one. i played tutorial a little of first episode and thats it. i have all episodes but i just cant play this game. i mean its fun, but whole game feel wrong to me. i dont know. for some time i hate episodic games.not gonna buy this for sure - and any episodic games. im waiting when they gonna back to making games like Hitman Absolution. oh well its JUST my opinion.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, A_KlR_A said:

i played all hitman games (im a fan of stealth games and hitman) besides last one. i played tutorial a little of first episode and thats it. i have all episodes but i just cant play this game. i mean its fun, but whole game feel wrong to me. i dont know. for some time i hate episodic games.not gonna buy this for sure - and any episodic games. im waiting when they gonna back to making games like Hitman Absolution. oh well its JUST my opinion.

... You know this game isn't episodic, right? All the content mentioned in these trophies is released day one. The trophy list is just structured in a way that looks similar to episodic content.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

... You know this game isn't episodic, right? All the content mentioned in these trophies is released day one. The trophy list is just structured in a way that looks similar to episodic content.

no didnt know. then why trophy list looks like from last hitman? its stupid. never mind. either way if its gonna be full game then maybe im gonna buy this - depend if im gonna have money for this or not. beacuse im not buy episodic games anymore. im not happy what happen to Talletale but i hope others companies gonna learn from them and stop making games in episodes.

4 minutes ago, A_KlR_A said:

no didnt know. then why trophy list looks like from last hitman? its stupid. never mind. either way if its gonna be full game then maybe im gonna buy this - depend if im gonna have money for this or not. beacuse im not buy episodic games anymore. im not happy what happen to Talletale but i hope others companies gonna learn from them and stop making games in episodes.

Yeah it's a full game from the start, and even includes all the levels from the previous game, also from the start.

Why the trophy list looks like this is guess work, but my bet is on either this was supposed to be episodic at some point, and/or they figured it'd be a neat way to do the trophies. Which I personally agree on (many trophies on different missions encouraging replay and exploration, vs one platinum with loads of content you never see or one trophy for doing insanely much), but I can understand why others, particularly platinum hunters, wouldn't like this.

2 hours ago, A_KlR_A said:

I'm in the exact same boat. They really need to have a coherent story mode again. While this one isn't episodic it stills looks like it's going to feel the same as the last game. I was willing to give them a second chance but after seeing the horrendous trophy list I've decided to skip it until it's on sale.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kassandra said:

Yeah it's a full game from the start, and even includes all the levels from the previous game, also from the start.

Why the trophy list looks like this is guess work, but my bet is on either this was supposed to be episodic at some point, and/or they figured it'd be a neat way to do the trophies. Which I personally agree on (many trophies on different missions encouraging replay and exploration, vs one platinum with loads of content you never see or one trophy for doing insanely much), but I can understand why others, particularly platinum hunters, wouldn't like this.

platinum trophy or not i dont care too much. sure its very nice that they have make those episodes to replay and kill target from another angle. but i care more for good story from start to end. well im gonna wait for players opinions.

2 hours ago, A_KlR_A said:

platinum trophy or not i dont care too much. sure its very nice that they have make those episodes to replay and kill target from another angle. but i care more for good story from start to end. well im gonna wait for players opinions.

Personally I think we wouldn't get such an expansive list if we'd had a platinum, meaning I feel like this list is much more fun than it would've been with just fifty trophies to cover everything.

I've pre-ordered the collector's edition as I loved the previous game, so I'm happy to give my opinion a week from now but also I might be a bit biased as I never finished a main Hitman game before the last one so there's no love lost for all the changes they made. I just think the last game was a very fun stealth assassination game with a lot of freedom and over a dozen ways to complete each mission, and if this next game just gives me more of that with a bit more polishing then I'm very happy indeed.

7 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Not gonna lie the trophy set has me confused, if I can get all the starting 118 trophies from the base game then it's good, otherwise I'll just wait for the "ultimate edition" 

Yes, all these trophies should be available day one. There's DLC coming eventually, probably with more trophies, but everything you see right now should be there from the start.

• Like 2

People don't seem to understand that doing the missions from the 1st season is going to be a completely different approach.  They are making the AI more intelligent and it should present a greater challenge.  Many of the mission challenges will be approached in the same way but many will not.  I don't mind the trophies being in the game from the 1st season as much as I mind it having no platinum. If i hadn't just played hitman 1 and all the missions 10 times each just a month ago I'd probably be more excited. So if I cancel my pre-order it's only because I'd rather put that money toward something else at this time and get hitman 2 later when it is on sale.  I had a blast with the 1st one.  One of my top 5 favorite games.  I'm more of a completionist so whether it has a platinum or not it's fun to get the 100%.  However, I hate the fact i have to put so much time into this and get no platinum for it while someone else can play slyde or mayo and have one in 5 minutes.  It goes to show how meaningless the leaderboards are.  people don't mind stacking the same list for mayo and energy cycle but for this it's too much because it takes time and effort.

For anybody who hasn't played the 1st season think of the value you're getting.  You are getting 2 games for the price of one.  The 1st season is no joke in size and thought that was put into it.  It's a big game.  The 2nd no doubt will be just as big.  If it were me i'd put the entire 2nd season into one list with a platinum and then have all the 1st season maps listed as separate dlc.  why they don't follow that approach is beyond me.