What is the one game you world have a non-PS4 owner to convince them to buy a PS4? (Plat Cast Topic)

ChernobylNinja

Hey guys, as a few of you know @Bushido7745785 and I have a podcast, "Plat Cast" and every week we ask the community here at psnprofiles one of our topics of discussion and one of our topics this week is:

What is the one PS4 game that you would have a non PS4 owner to play to convince them to purchase the PS4?

Looking forward to your replies!

• Like 2

For a Non-Gamer: Uncharted. Its an easy to play adventure. 

From Xbox: The Last of Us Remastered. Requires a bit more skill and showcases the dark DC violence that I imagine Xbox lovers crave.

From Nintendo: Marvel's Spider-Man. Slightly grittier feel than Mario can offer, while maintaining the safe level of separation from reality.

For a PC Gamer: Bloodborne. Because they are dead inside.

• Like 3

If I'm trying to convert someone from a different console, then TLOU Remastered or uncharted 4.

However, if we are talking non gamer here, I'd argue for Until Dawn or Heavy Rain. I think nongamers would enjoy these and could get them to broaden their horizons. I tried getting my dad to play a shooter and the dual analogs are difficult for him, and it could be like that for others. That's why I'd suggest these games where screwing up is part of the fun.

• Like 1

6f3.gif

As for a serious answer, it really depends on the person I'm talking to as the gameplay and genre are what'll really matter to convince someone. The game that I feel that has a wide enough umbrella to capture someone's interest is Detroit Become Human. These narrative, decision making games really have a knack to pull in non-gamers and gamers alike. To me, the game is a good indicator of what type of stuff SIE puts out and can convince a person to lean into the other big dogs (God of War, Uncharted, Horizon, Last of Us, Bloodborne, etc.).

Edited by Crazy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, marc_cp said:

Great game for sure, but it's on PS3 too.

I say Uncharted 4, but will probably change my mind when I play RDR2.

Well, in that case, to play the UC franchise 1, 2 and 3 are on the PS3 also.  I wouldn't suggest RDR2 as it is a beautiful game, but slow.  It would probably turn off any friends if they tried to play it as a first PS4 game.

I'd suggest The Witcher 3 as an excellent game for a would be purchaser of the PS4! :awesome:

15 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

Well, in that case, to play the UC franchise 1, 2 and 3 are on the PS3 also.

Uhh... yeah, except I said U4, not the whole franchise. It is not necessary to have played the other games to enjoy U4, in fact for many people it was their first game and made them interested in playing the previous titles after that.

I agree about The Witcher 3, and will say HZD as well.

• Like 1

If they weren't a gamer at all, then I'd show them either Ratchet & Clank or Uncharted 4/Legacy.  R&C is gorgeous, entertaining and just pure fun, whereas Uncharted has a great story and visuals that can draw people in.  I know you said PS4 games, but PSVR has been a great way to show off gaming to non gamers too.

9 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

If I'm trying to convert someone from a different console, then TLOU Remastered or uncharted 4.

However, if we are talking non gamer here, I'd argue for Until Dawn or Heavy Rain. I think nongamers would enjoy these and could get them to broaden their horizons. I tried getting my dad to play a shooter and the dual analogs are difficult for him, and it could be like that for others. That's why I'd suggest these games where screwing up is part of the fun.

I agree, interactive storytelling games where you really can't be bad at LOL are great for newcomers to the gaming hobby. If it were me I'd recommend Detroit because that's the best interactive story game I've ever played.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I agree, interactive storytelling games where you really can't be bad at LOL are great for newcomers to the gaming hobby. If it were me I'd recommend Detroit because that's the best interactive story game I've ever played.

I still need to play Detroit. I would've added it, but it's hard to recommend a game you never actually played or seen a lot of gameplay of (trying to avoid spoilers).

• Like 1