New DLC [Iceborne]

Squirlruler

Eyyy, I know I'm not the only one who was hoping for an ice-themed expansion for the game, so I'm glad to see they're delivering the goods! I'm hoping we get a bunch of new trophies so it encourages me to play it more.

Also, I had a big smile on my face when watching the trailer for the upcoming Witcher 3 collaboration. :D

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mako-heart said:

It doesn't sound like basic DLC to me, but w/e I just want to get my Crowns and be done with this game.

I gave up on this (i have maybe 5 left), the rng was killing me. one day I was farming kirin for idk 3-5 hours or so with no result and I asked myself wtf I'm doing here and just stopped.

BUT

I will definitely be back in autumn :D 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J3dP89 said:

I gave up on this (i have maybe 5 left), the rng was killing me. one day I was farming kirin for idk 3-5 hours or so with no result and I asked myself wtf I'm doing here and just stopped.

BUT

I will definitely be back in autumn :D 

lol im trying to hunt large kirin. all i have left is non event shit and its the worst i hate it. part of me is hoping theyll get event crowns but idk.

the elders im kind of ok farming but black diablos makes me want to fucking kill myself. i hate her!!!

9 hours ago, Jive76US said:

The wording at the end of new "locales"  is making me think there will be more than just an ice level.

New town maybe? Another G-Rank exclusive area like Elder Recess was for High Rank.

this is why im thinking its going to be more than dlc. im pretty sure this area was basically already announced to exist, so why take a year from official announce to release?

oh well, only time will tell. i cant decide if i hope for a stand alone trophy list or not. cause without i dunno how much longer i can continue the grind.

The developer said it was equal to Ultimate/G rank expansions for the other games, so since areas and monsters take longer in World than other entries I am guess possibly 10-12 new monsters (not including sub-species) and 2-3 new areas, plus if it really is a ultimate style expansion then all the previous monsters will have new weapons and armor to be made from them

Super happy about this. HR 440 and still love coming back for every event. While I do wish it was out sooner early 2019 is already crazy stacked so I'm ok with Autumn 2019.

10 hours ago, nazareth357 said:

The developer said it was equal to Ultimate/G rank expansions for the other games, so since areas and monsters take longer in World than other entries I am guess possibly 10-12 new monsters (not including sub-species) and 2-3 new areas, plus if it really is a ultimate style expansion then all the previous monsters will have new weapons and armor to be made from them

They keep mentioning it's a "massive" expansion so I hope this is the case. Some people keep arguing it isn't because it's not literally called Ultimate/G rank.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, StrangeInStereo said:

They keep mentioning it's a "massive" expansion so I hope this is the case. Some people keep arguing it isn't because it's not literally called Ultimate/G rank.

Yeah, but I don't think they watched the dev report because he literally said Iceborne is the equivalent of Ultimate/G in the other titles, even if it may not be called that. I think calling it Iceborne instead of Ultimate or G is probably just more appealing to Western markets for selling purposes.

1 hour ago, nazareth357 said:

Yeah, but I don't think they watched the dev report because he literally said Iceborne is the equivalent of Ultimate/G in the other titles, even if it may not be called that. I think calling it Iceborne instead of Ultimate or G is probably just more appealing to Western markets for selling purposes.

I agree. And then again you had people saying World was not Monster Hunter 5 when even the devs themselves said it was in all but name lol. Plus there might be another big expansion after Iceborne? And maybe then they'll call it Ultimate (I just think it's gonna be a good while before MHW 2).

1 hour ago, StrangeInStereo said:

I agree. And then again you had people saying World was not Monster Hunter 5 when even the devs themselves said it was in all but name lol. Plus there might be another big expansion after Iceborne? And maybe then they'll call it Ultimate (I just think it's gonna be a good while before MHW 2).

True, they may do a hot location (outside Elders) or a mountain area with Dalamadur, but I agree 2/6 is atleast 3-4 years off from even being announced in my opinion, 

14 hours ago, nazareth357 said:

True, they may do a hot location (outside Elders) or a mountain area with Dalamadur, but I agree 2/6 is atleast 3-4 years off from even being announced in my opinion, 

Mountain area would be sick! Had to look up Dalamadur since World is my first MH. I just hope that kind of fight is better than Zorah, Xeno is ok I guess, really enjoyed the AT fight in MP, solo must be hell though. Since the hardest content in World is better suited for MP (and in some cases like Kulve and Behemoth being pretty much the only option) I wonder if that will continue with Iceborne and the new rank, I rely 100% on SOS flares so as long as I can continue to do that it's fine I suppose. I just liked how all content was soloable.