If Trophies had been around back then....... My first plat would have been....

Big_Daddy_Lee_68

TMNT 2 on NES, and that's only because TMNT 1 was just too hard for a little kid at the time.

Maybe also Super Mario Bros 2. That, and NES Zelda, were the first two games I ever finished. I loved Zelda 2 more for a while because, well, it was the second one. And as a kid in the early 90s the second one was always better than the first because it had "2" in it.

The first games in my life I truly spent hundreds of hours on were Final Fantasy 6, 7, Alundra, Legend of Dragoon, Pokemon Red, TMNT Turtles in TIme (lol), Worms, NHL 98, Tekken 3, Gran Turismo, and the original Grand Theft Auto (if you include London).

• Like 1

I don't think I would have been skilled enough to Plat any original NES Games at the time they came out. Not sure if Duck Hunt would have a Plat, but if it did I'd probably have gotten that one first. 

So I'd say my first Plat would probably be Shining Force for the Genesis.

PSX would be Final Fantasy 7 (reason I bought a PlayStation). Probably followed by Spyro or something or Legend of Dragoon. 

PS2 - Probably would have been Dark Cloud (I really should go back and play the PS4 version just to get this...)

PS3 - Would have been Elder Scrolls Oblivion as that was the game that I got with my PS3 purchase.

Random fact about me as a gamer -- First trophy I got was from PS3 version of Prince of Persia (14 years ago, damn!) but I didn't get my first Plat until 3 years after that which was Dragon Age 2.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some of the few games I can think of would probably be the Mother Trilogy (but I didn't play them until 2015). They don't have many side quests. The only thing I can think of that might keep me from hypothetical plats in them is if there was a trophy for max level. I don't think I quite maxed out my whole party in each game. 

Well my guesses are Pokémon Yellow and Crystal cuz i played them a lot and completed the Pokédex once each.

GTA San Andreas on PS2 since i did most stuff needed comparing it to the ps3/ps4/ps5 versions.

Maybe even Gran Turismo 3. I never got gold on all license tests but today a Platinum would make me push harder to complete them...

• 1 month later...

Probably Super Mario World, or The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

I had completed games before those, but those were the first ones I absolutely consumed - searching for hundreds of hours, to find every little secret and whatnot, so probably they would have been the first "platinum" games!

• Like 1

Tomb Raider (PS1) - I would go with this as probably the first platinum, I found it quite difficult at the time but at least I finished it so I think I would manage.

I was going to choose Rayman since it was one of the first PS1 games I played but I did not finish it was to hard for me.

• Like 1

Pokemon Red Edition.

That was the first Game I WANT TO COMPLETE. Getting all Pokemon in the Pokedex was a Must have to show of on the School Yard :D

I was running with the Link Cable around the School to Catch all 150 Pokemon and even Mew 151. I also found some Hidden Secrets in the Game.

Im still playing Pokemon this Days but never had that feeling to complete the Pokedex again like on the First Game.

Tomba or Tombi (as we call it here in EU) on PS1. Definitely not alone but with the help of my siblings. Would love to revisit the games with added trophies.

Another pick would be Kirby's Dream Land on Gameboy. The first game that I beat on my own.

Still bummed about the thought that I left my copy of the game alongside my Gameboy Color on a plane during summer vacations many years ago... ?