Bingo Bonanza 2020

Just completed another one from my card.

O1 Developed in a Foreign Country - Yomawari: Night Alone

Unfortunately, not as good as I had hoped. While I love the art style and setting of this horror game, the mechanics were bad by design and seemed poorly optimized.  Now waiting for another good 30 hours at least and for MR Yomawari to show up and kidnap me. Been trying the latter for a good 30 minutes now...

• Like 1

2nd Game cleared today, Grim Fandango Remastered, for N2- Redeemed from PS Plus.

This has been sat in my PS Plus account for a few years now, completely forgot I even had it. 

I quite enjoyed it, was nice to play something a bit more laid back after a few of the games I've done recently.

Spoiler

B1- In a Series New to You 

B2- Originally Released in 2019

B3- That You've been Meaning to Get to 

B4- Metroidvania or Rogue-like- One More Dungeon

B5- That You Can Beat in One Sitting

I1- That Takes "Forever" to Beat"

I2- By An independent Developer

I3- Anthropomorphized Animals

I4- Reboot or Spiritual Successor

I5- Developed in a Foreign Country

N1- Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes

N2- Redeemed from PS Plus- Grim Fandango Remastered

N3- Player's Choice

N4- Award- Winning

N5- That Gives you the Feels

G1- With Player Operated Vehicles

G2- With player Choices or Multiple Endings

G3- Recommended by a PSNP Member

G4- With Online Features

G5- With Gorgeous Vista's

O1- Ultra Rare Platinum

O2- Last Game You Acquired

O3- Platform Exclusive

O4- Featuring a Romance, or Romance Options

O5- Adventure

Edited by Shadowlord87
  • Like 1

Another square down, and my first official platinum of 2019, in my timezone anyway! N1 Last Game Acquired, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Overall, the story was really good but you can really tell the game came out five years ago - it kinda controls like an old Assassin's Creed game, and that's not really a good thing. Hopefully Shadow of War, despite all it's loot box follies, is better! 

And actually, I have a question @XX_FTW. So in the case of Tales of Monkey Island, it's different chapters of the same story, but they're split into separate game files with different trophy lists. If the rest are like the first chapter, they each contain their own story that strings together into one overarching story. Would I be able to use the different chapters/game files for multiple bingo tiles (IE, Chapter 2 for B5, Chapter 3 for O1) or is that double dipping since it is technically one story? Figured I would ask!

9jQlvBg.png

Spoiler

B1 Anti-Hero or Bad Guy

B2 Peripheral Based

B3 Historical Fiction or Mythology: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

B4 Takes Forever to BeatFinal Fantasy XII

B5 Adventure: Tales of Monkey Island Chapters 2-5

I1 Been Meaning to Get To: Wolfenstein: The New Order

I2 Platform Exclusive

I3 Metroidvania or Rogue Like

I4 Ultra Rare Platinum: Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator

I5 Arcade/Rhythm/Puzzle: Word Search by POWGI 2611.png:platinum:

N1 Last Game Acquired: Shadow of Mordor 2611.png:platinum:

N2 Developed in a Foreign Country: Kingdom Hearts III

N3 Player's Choice: World to the West

N4 DLC PackLittle Nightmares DLC

N5 Favorite Genre

G1 Online Features

G2 Female Protagonist: Gravity Rush 2

G3 Starts with First Letter of PSN ID

G4 With Gorgeous Vistas

G5 Cult Favorite: Night in the Woods

O1 Reboot or Spiritual Successor

O2 SciFi or Fantasy Themes: Shadow of War

O3 Player Choice or Multiple Endings

O4 Started But Didn't Finish: World of Final Fantasy (Vita)

O5 Recommended: Fallout 4

Edited by Yen-Pop
  • Like 1

KvTtmsQ.png

N1: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (beat)

B2: Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades (beat)

N2: Thomas Was Alone (100%)

B4: Spyro the Dragon (100%)

G5: The Gardens Between (100%)

Shantae and Spyro were both really fun, barring a handful of annoying bits. Have access to two more in each series, suspect those will be done before the end of the year...

Looks like N or 2 may be my first line, since I've got two more in each I'm hoping get to by the end of February.

Tried Nights into Dreams (cult classic), but it seems to make me a bit dizzy. Shame.

• Like 2

Update Mine :

B
Based On a Non-Gaming IP  

With an Isometric View    

Cult Favorite    

Peripheral-Based  

That You Started But Didn't Finish - Word Search by POWGI (PS Vita) :platinum: 

I
That You've Been Meaning To Get To  

Last Game You Acquired    

Developed In a Foreign Country    

Redeemed from PS Plus    

Starts With The First Letter In Your PSNID

N
With a Female Protagonist    - 
Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Legacy of the First Blade DLC with Full 3 Episodes (Wait for Full Release)

DLC Pack or Standalone DLC   - Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Atlantis DLC with Full 3 Episodes (Wait for Full Release)

Player's Choice    

Play As an Antihero or Bad Guy    

Featuring a Romance or Romance Options

G
Metroidvania or Rogue-like    

One Word Title    

Ultra Rare Platinum    -   Space Overlord  :platinum: 

Favorite Genre    

With a # Or Punctuation Mark in the Title - It's Spring Again  1f4af.png

O
That "Everyone" But You Has Played    
- Overcooked 2 :platinum: 

That Takes "Forever" To Beat    

Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes  - Super Destronaut DX (PS Vita) :platinum: 

Reboot or Spiritual Successor    - Prince of Persia :platinum: 

Historical Fiction or Mythology

https://bingobaker.com/play/1867308/1152290aa68d9e830f2c33baeedead80

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 9:28 PM, ladynadiad said:

Wait, so I could actually count Umineko Answer Arcs episodes 6-8 as separate games since they are technically separate like Nonary games but were released together for the localization?  Well, technically it's 4 episodes but I finished the 5th one ages ago.  Dang, if I could do that I think that game would wipe out the squares for independent dev, anthropomorphized animals and platform exclusive since it's one of those language exclusive ones once I finish episodes 7 and 8.

On 1/11/2019 at 2:22 AM, Yen-Pop said:

And actually, I have a question @XX_FTW. So in the case of Tales of Monkey Island, it's different chapters of the same story, but they're split into separate game files with different trophy lists. If the rest are like the first chapter, they each contain their own story that strings together into one overarching story. Would I be able to use the different chapters/game files for multiple bingo tiles (IE, Chapter 2 for B5, Chapter 3 for O1) or is that double dipping since it is technically one story? Figured I would ask!

I'm not specifically familiar with Umineko, but if it is a single game played over episodes the way that Tales of Monkey Island is, then no it only counts for one game. To state that a bit more clearly: If a game is episodic (regardless of a single trophy list or multiple) it only counts as a single game and can only be used to fulfill a single challenge. If multiple separate games share a single trophy list, each individual game can be used to fulfill separate challenges. Hope that helps with Umineko.

I've updated the OP:

• New participants have been added. Please check to make sure you are listed. If you are not, please make sure you've posted you bingo card as an image at least once and then @ me as I have probably just missed it.
  • The Bingo Tiers have been updated to prepare for the eventual first bingo biddies to win big.

Also, someone suggested badges and I was hoping for a banner eventually. I'd love to make that happen for you all if that's something you're interested in. Let me know! Also if you know someone is good with that sort of thing please point me in their direction.

Edited by XX_FTW
  • Like 2

Finished the next game

3WVzdCD.png

B1 - Metroidvenia or Rogue-Like: Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition

I1 - Featuring a romance or romance options: Hatoful Boyfriend

I'm trying to go from top left to bottom right. Not sure how well that works with all the event I'm in thought.

So the next square would be with minigames in it. I was planning on playing Danganronpa 1-2 Reloaded for that.

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, XX_FTW said:

I'm not specifically familiar with Umineko, but if it is a single game played over episodes the way that Tales of Monkey Island is, then no it only counts for one game. To state that a bit more clearly: If a game is episodic (regardless of a single trophy list or multiple) it only counts as a single game and can only be used to fulfill a single challenge. If multiple separate games share a single trophy list, each individual game can be used to fulfill separate challenges. Hope that helps with Umineko.

Umineko is a bit weird.  I've played Tales of Monkey Island as well and can say that Umineko isn't episodic in the same way,  Each episode is a complete story, but they also do tie in to an overarching mystery.  As the player plays each episode and sees the events unfold in different ways, they get new information to be able to solve the overarching mystery, but each episode is a complete story with a satisfying conclusion.

It would be more like reading different versions of a story where creative license was taken to spin the events in a different way each time, but this is done very intentionally by the writer to provide new information and clues to solve the mystery..  That's about the easiest way to explain it without spoilers. 

I completed my first two games (still have to update my original post) of bingo.

N5 - By an Indenpent Developer: Rime

65 - With Player Choices or Multiples Endings: Zero Escape: 999 Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.

I am on my way on finishing Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage for I2 Anthropomorphized Animals.

One question. I researched about the concept of "cult video games", but yet what does "cult favourite" category stands for? Out of the cult games, the one I like the most?

Edited by Caju_94
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

One question. I researched about the concept of "cult video games", but yet what does "cult favourite" category stands for? Out of the cult games, the one I like the most?

From my point of view, a cult favorite game would be a game that is held in high regards; a game that most people can look at and say ''This is a great game!''. Games like Skyrim, Mass Effect 2 or Resident Evil 7 would be good examples of this.

11 minutes ago, ArtikSkarab said:

From my point of view, a cult favorite game would be a game that is held in high regards; a game that most people can look at and say ''This is a great game!''. Games like Skyrim, Mass Effect 2 or Resident Evil 7 would be good examples of this.

Honestly, I'd disagree.  Those are highly acclaimed games that most know about even if they haven't personally played them.  A cult favorite is something that is not very well known to the average person, but has a very loyal and devoted following among those who are aware of the game's existence.  Something that @Caju_94 is playing now that would fit is Zero Escape: The Nonary Games.  999 and VLR are definitely cult favorites.

4 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Honestly, I'd disagree.  Those are highly acclaimed games that most know about even if they haven't personally played them.  A cult favorite is something that is not very well known to the average person, but has a very loyal and devoted following among those who are aware of the game's existence.  Something that @Caju_94 is playing now that would fit is Zero Escape: The Nonary Games.  999 and VLR are definitely cult favorites.

Thank you for the explanation. I also looked into some lists and managed to get a better grasp of games that can be included. VLR is probably going to be the one to fit in. So basically, they are underrated games with a loyal fanbase, that is how I interpret.

I don't believe I got the Cult Classic square but the first game that comes to mind for me is Wild Arms. And they did a PS2 to PS4 re-release of it as well. 

But yea, a Cult Classic is basically a game that never made it big (in terms of sales) but those that have played them, love them, and follow them to the ends of the world. 

Going back to the Wild Arms, none of them ever sold well but they kept making them due to those loyal fans of the series demand. And these people will always love the said game/s and not care at all what others think. Wild Arms > FF VII

Edited by Champ147
  • Like 1