Atlus Is Under Attack By SJW's Trying To Force Them To Change Content In "Catherine: Full Body"

Kishnabe

6 hours ago, crauuecrauue said:

Today I learned that PSNProfiles is just a big anti-“SJW” circlejerk. Gross.

I guess it shouldn’t be too surprising from a group that cares so much about inconsequential little digital images that make a counter on their precious video game account increase.

Luckily, there's some good people on this like, like Br1vine, MMDE, Sly, Mango and Mabuk. And there's me as well who is neutral on this whole war against censorship nonsense. To be honest, this whole war against censorship is a waste of time and not worth the effort. The anti-SJW group easily get offended whenever some of the games they liked gets censored and claimed that censorship is hurting both the games and the companies who made them, that's not the case, as ExHaseo said, even if a game gets censored, it will still get good sales and good reviews, at least that's my opinion on that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crauuecrauue said:

I guess it shouldn’t be too surprising from a group that cares so much about inconsequential little digital images that make a counter on their precious video game account increase.

Lmao. Yikes, buddy

10 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

To be honest, this whole war against censorship is a waste of time and not worth the effort.

Sorry, but that's the war cry of the coward, and the mentality that gives rise to repressed expression. 

I'm not an advocate for murder and sexual violence, but I don't protest Game of Thrones existing with my dying breath. I just choose to not watch it. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Startyde said:

Sorry, but that's the war cry of the coward, and the mentality that gives rise to repressed expression. 

I'm not an advocate for murder and sexual violence, but I don't protest Game of Thrones existing with my dying breath. I just choose to not watch it. 

To each their own, I supposed. But I agree with those that said "If you don't like it, don't buy it." if those who don't like the changes to the games they are looking forward to. Like the saying goes, vote with your wallet or don't like it, don't buy it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

To each their own, I supposed. But I agree with those that said "If you don't like it, don't buy it." if those who don't like the changes to the games they are looking forward to. Like the saying goes, vote with your wallet or don't like it, don't buy it.

Of that, we certainly agree. 

• Like 1

Hasn't SJW's changed things in video games before? I believe they are one of the reasons why DOAX3 never saw a release out here in the west? This might be totally unrelated but if they manage to ruin video-games on a consecutive basis won't future games also be affected? I can totally see Tifa's rack and maybe even her fashion sense get nerfed heavily as well as Barret's hilariously stereotypical personality get toned down just to appeal to this minor group who won't buy the remake when it comes out.  ?

7 hours ago, crauuecrauue said:

Gotta agree here. Yuck.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Xugashi said:

Hasn't SJW's changed things in video games before? I believe they are one of the reasons why DOAX3 never saw a release out here in the west? This might be totally unrelated but if they manage to ruin video-games on a consecutive basis won't future games also be affected? I can totally see Tifa's rack and maybe even her fashion sense get nerfed heavily as well as Barret's hilariously stereotypical personality get toned down just to appeal to this minor group who won't buy the remake when it comes out.  ?

Her rack has been getting nerfed for years though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Startyde said:

My view, too, though with a grain of salt. Again, I don't mind SJWs complaining about games, and I don't mind anti-SJWs complaining about SJWs. I'm a strong believer in freedom of speech.

My gripe is that each side villain-izes the other one. In particular, the anti-SJWs seem to think that the SJWs are somehow to blame for censorship. They're not. The companies are (at least in the US). Make no mistake - the government cannot force a company to censor their product. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

My view, too, though with a grain of salt. Again, I don't mind SJWs complaining about games, and I don't mind anti-SJWs complaining about SJWs. I'm a strong believer in freedom of speech.

My gripe is that each side villain-izes the other one. In particular, the anti-SJWs seem to think that the SJWs are somehow to blame for censorship. They're not. The companies are (at least in the US). Make no mistake - the government cannot force a company to censor their product. 

The blame shifts to SJWs in regards to the censorship because their outcry is the reason it occurred in the first place. Yes the company makes the choice in the end but that choice stems from the actions of a particular group and thus they deserve the scorn they get for that. Instead of ignoring it, they decided to accuse them with baseless accusation of transphobia and the like because something minor offended them in a fictional game. Complaints are fine and well until we're actually affected by them

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, majob said:

The blame shifts to SJWs in regards to the censorship because their outcry is the reason it occurred in the first place. 

Not in my world. So long as my action is legal, responsibility for it lies with me. Period. 

ATLUS sees little consequence with censoring their product. They think (or know) that the majority of their fans will buy the product regardless of what they do to it. Why not censor it, then? It seems like good, heartless, "why care about the customer?" business to me.

If you want to win this war, you have to take economic action. Don't. Buy. Their. Products. It's as simple as that. 

7 minutes ago, majob said:

Complaints are fine and well until we're actually affected by them

You're not affected by the complaints. You're affected by the action of ATLUS.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Except these people who advocate for censorship actually worm their way into companies and censor things from the inside, SJW localizers is a huge plauge to the anime/videogame industry

• Like 1

Just now, DEI2EK said:

Except these people who advocate for censorship actually worm their way into companies and censor things from the inside, SJW localizers is a huge plauge to the anime/videogame industry

I'd like to see some proof this vast, Gulen-like conspiracy. It seems like a lot of work to learn to program for years, only to bring down a company that pays for your rent. I certainly believe that people carry their beliefs into the workplace (why wouldn't you? I certainly do), but that's much different from saying that they "worm their way into companies".

Companies still hire the best they can from the applications they receive. It seems a longshot that there is some network for subverting them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Not in my world. So long as my action is legal, responsibility for it lies with me. Period. 

ATLUS sees little consequence with censoring their product. They think (or know) that the majority of their fans will buy the product regardless of what they do to it. Why not censor it, then? It seems like good, heartless, "why care about the customer?" business to me.

If you want to win this war, you have to take economic action. Don't. Buy. Their. Products. It's as simple as that. 

You're not affected by the complaints. You're affected by the action of ATLUS.

A company takes an action of this sort for PR purposes because a "good" reputation is more important than pleasing your consumer base. This action is the result of the complaints of a vocal minority whom love to throw around baseless accusation if you aren't on board with them and we live in an era where people are more afraid of being shamed than anything. So yes, their actions did affect me with that affect trickling down from Atlus. If you don't consider it that way, fine, but I see it differently

I'd like to see some proof this vast, Gulen-like conspiracy. It seems like a lot of work to learn to program for years, only to bring down a company that pays for your rent. I certainly believe that people carry their beliefs into the workplace (why wouldn't you? I certainly do), but that's much different from saying that they "worm their way into companies".

Companies still hire the best they can from the applications they receive. It seems a longshot that there is some network for subverting them.

lol localizers literally admit to injecting their politics into games they translate on twitter all the time

How dare you bring logic into this!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Make no mistake - the government cannot force a company to censor their product. 

Not sure why you say this? It's simply not true. The majority of countries in the world doesn't have free speech as a constitutional amendment, and even then, I can think about a lot of things that wouldn't be allowed to have in a game, even in USA. Most of the distribution market is also heavily regulated by some few big companies. Furthermore, there's the consequences of the mess these whiners make for the company afterwards. It's often not worth it from a business standpoint, and businesses are supposed to be about making money.

In other words, I don't see this being true in any way, not theoretical or more importantly especially not practical.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

lmao. Companies hire all sorts of worthless shite because of diversity quotas, nepotism, biased HR and what not. Bethesda still employs Todd's blind uncle as lead animator.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

Not sure why you say this? It's simply not true. The majority of countries in the world doesn't have free speech as a constitutional amendment, and even then, I can think about a lot of things that wouldn't be allowed to have in a game, even in USA. Most of the distribution market is also heavily regulated by some few big companies. Furthermore, there's the consequences of the mess these whiners make for the company afterwards. It's often not worth it from a business standpoint, and businesses are supposed to be about making money.

In other words, I don't see this being true in any way, not theoretical or more importantly especially not practical.

Man, you're all over the place here.

Are you saying that there are legal repercussions if ATLUS were to keep its censored content in the game? That's nonsense. The US government can do nothing to keep ATLUS from publishing Catherine (and I've qualified in multiple posts that when I speak of government censorship, I am speaking of the United States, so let's lose that strawman now). The fact that the distribution market "is heavily regulated by some big companies" has nothing to do with that conversation.

I keep hearing about "consequences" for these companies. There might be such consequences, but here's my viewpoint: either censorship is a real problem with a majority of gamers, in which case a boycott of censored games would make a great dent in the profits, or there are very few people who care about this, in which case censorship is just some internet red herring that is irrelevant to most gamers. Which is it? 

Businesses should absolutely do what is best for them from a business standpoint. I've never said otherwise. My whole point here is that the lot of you complaining about SJWs are just being wimps who refuse to tackle the real problem - businesses that don't give a shit about your viewpoint because it's not profitable to them. But again, let's be clear - when a business chooses (CHOOSES) to censor their product (in America, since apparently I need to write this in every single post I make), it is because they have made a business decision. It is NOT because of some legal requirement of them. And they made that decision precisely because they feel that the customer base who might complain about that censorship is an irrelevant outlier, which will either be overtaken by the rest of the base, or which will just fall in line and purchase the product anyway.

30 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

lmao. Companies hire all sorts of worthless shite because of diversity quotas, nepotism, biased HR and what not. Bethesda still employs Todd's blind uncle as lead animator.

Diversity is not equivalent to "worthless shite". 

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 3

Ya know, I may be neutral on this, but I find it hilarious that the anti-SJW brigade think they're the good guys, trying to end all forms of censorship while they think the SJWs are the bad guys, trying to ruin games with censorship by telling the game companies they should censor this or that by forcing the game companies to censor the games. There is no right or wrong answer.

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

lol localizers literally admit to injecting their politics into games they translate on twitter all the time

I see the occasional joke referencing politics of yesteryear. Nothing indicating  avast conspiracy to alter and subliminally advertise personal politics.

4 hours ago, Startyde said:

I just choose to not watch it. 

And the complainers are simply not buying the game.

3 hours ago, majob said:

We care because it shouldn't have been done in the first place and this is compounded by the fact that those who demanded it were in the minority.

.Again with the "demands" angle? Who demanded anything?

4 hours ago, Xugashi said:

Hasn't SJW's changed things in video games before? I believe they are one of the reasons why DOAX3 never saw a release out here in the west?

If anyone has evidence they were in a singular factor, I'd like to see it. Random complaint articles don't count, seeing as to how we keep getting main entries in the franchise still.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

Ya know, I may be neutral on this, but I find it hilarious that the anti-SJW brigade think they're the good guys, trying to end all forms of censorship while they think the SJWs are the bad guys, trying to ruin games with censorship by telling the game companies they should censor this or that by forcing the game companies to censor the games. There is no right or wrong answer.

There is a right answer, being pro censorship is the wrong one. It's pretty cut and dry. Being pro censorship = being against freedom of expression which is pretty ironic considering lefties are the ones always wanting to run around naked

• Like 1

Just now, DEI2EK said:

There is a right answer, being pro censorship is the wrong one. It's pretty cut and dry. Being pro censorship = being against freedom of expression which is pretty ironic considering lefties are the ones always wanting to run around naked

Again, there is no right or wrong answer.