Am i the only who don't like this game?

In2umniaKillH3r

That's why my only rule when it comes to gaming, is to never play 5th or even 3rd game, without playing prequels in the first place. It's not practical to do it. I'm interested in playing Persona 5 but I know that I would have to play MANY hours in previous games, and I don't that many hours to spare just to play P5 ergo I will not play it. 

9 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

You shouldn't have to play spin-offs to understand a main series title story, defeats the purpose of them being spin-offs, you might as well number all of them too if it's so important to the overarching plot.

Well what is a spin off?

The only non-console ones that are really crucial to the story are DDD and CoM which starred Sora and continued the plot from where the previous games left off... And the two Birth By Sleep ones, which Nomura said were main entries and actually did number with the .8 moniker. So... No spin offs here.

The rest could be considered spin offs, sure. But they also weren't crucial to the plot outside of like one throwback reference a piece.

So you're right, you shouldn't have to play the spinoffs. Nor do you have to play them lol.

Edited by KingGuy420

44 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

That's why my only rule when it comes to gaming, is to never play 5th or even 3rd game, without playing prequels in the first place. It's not practical to do it. I'm interested in playing Persona 5 but I know that I would have to play MANY hours in previous games, and I don't that many hours to spare just to play P5 ergo I will not play it. 

not sure how familiar you are with how the games are, but they're all self-contained stories, minus the two 2 games. most people will say the series started at 3 lol. its fine to play the games in any desired order, but i would recommend 3 as its a bit more outdated compared to 4 and 5. 4 is my personal favorite. i hope we get 3 and 4 on ps4 someday. 

1 hour ago, Valyrious said:

The problem lies in your comparison. Who the hell is comparing Kingdom Hearts to Marvel characters? No matter how you want to explain yourself, you're wrong.

Whether you find them generic or not is simply an opinion and I won't say you're wrong since you're welcome to your opinion.

I'm not the one who brought up the Avengers, just so you know.
Just like you think this game doesn't have generic characters, it's also an opinion, it doesn't mean you're right cause you are a fan or played more games.

Really saddens me to read so many criticism and overall bashing towards this series. I grew up with kingdom hearts and most games in the series were responsible for my love in action RPG games. 

As for Kingdom Hearts 3 specifically, the disappointment is somewhat understandable. This entry was meant to be the end and final showdown for the 15 plus years of story arc and even trough we got a closure and a worthy one for story purposes, it felt rushed. 

Another thing I should mention is that even trough I liked kingdom hearts 3, this entry isn't the best, specially when you compare to kingdom hearts 2. 

Lastly I do hope people try the series as a whole, the PS4 allows you to play all the games in the series in one place, so do that and then bash it if you still think it isn't worth it. Kingdom hearts was never a broken game and even trough it may not be for you, it is far from being a series worthy of being called nonsensical and stupid, the source material was always meant to be lighthearted and for all ages and that's exactly what made kingdom hearts become so beloved all these years. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

For a lot of people nostalgia will have a part in it

Even VideogameDunkey who is a huge fan of the series in general thought it was absolute garbage.  I basically had to force myself to plat it,  I enjoyed some of it but it felt like a PS3 game that was unfinished and then remastered but not very well.  If you compare KH3 to anything else made in the last 5 years its pretty shit imo.

39 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

Really saddens me to read so many criticism and overall bashing towards this series. I grew up with kingdom hearts and most games in the series were responsible for my love in action RPG games. 

Don't take it to heart when others don't like stuff you enjoyed.  I know for a fact playing Kingdom hearts as a kid would have made me love the series but I didn't play it for the first time until I was 26 so I have no nostalgic connection to it and it just feels bad.  I am sure there are games I love that you would hate, everyone has their own opinions.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Don't take it to heart when others don't like stuff you enjoyed.  I know for a fact playing Kingdom hearts as a kid would have made me love the series but I didn't play it for the first time until I was 26 so I have no nostalgic connection to it and it just feels bad.  I am sure there are games I love that you would hate, everyone has their own opinions.

I understand, don't worry :)

What I meant to say was that we can't deny the importance of the series as a whole. No one believed back in 2002 that Disney characters would blend so well with another company characters. 

We are all entitled to our opinions regarding likes and dislikes, what saddened me was seeing bashing towards the series when it was clear it was not for than. You won't see me here disliking games like call of duty, most fps games or sport games, I know those aren't for but I know for a fact they're for tons of others and I respect that. :)

Edited by Mah2c

I agree with you to a point. All the movie based worlds were dreadful and I couldn't do more than 1 world a day, actually took a break for a few weeks from the game entirely. But man did that turn around after finishing the last movie world the game did a complete 180 and I was finally enjoying it because it finally was focused on the KH story and not a bunch of filler.

Spoiler

On a side note am I theo nly one who thinks that Axel and Isa were more than just friends?

Edited by lurch_9944

For someone who has played the first one when it came out, I had WAY TOO HIGH of anticipation for this game tbh. Especially since that E3 reveal in 2013. I'm sadden what KH3 has become and I still love the series. You don't know how many times I got attacked by fanboys of the series. Dude, I've wrote an essay in school about the series, spent thousands on merchandise, sang Simple and Clean on stage in front of my entire school. I'm much of a fanboy than they are and I completely agree that KH3 did have a ton of flaws and mistakes. I'm not going to disband the series as whole it's just this game should've had a better ending. The gameplay is FANTASTIC but I'm more intrigued on the lore and story in video games and MY GOD they left out so much story from the Disney Worlds too. If you haven't seen frozen or tangled you'll be completely confused what's happening in the game. But my biggest disappointment is no FF characters (seeing Auron's and Cloud's statue doesn't count) listen FF characters DID play a part in the series. Not the spinoffs but the main titles. I had so many people ask where are the FF characters from 1 & 2 SO MANY times. And these are people who only played those games. It saddens me, it really does. And no end-game content like the infamous Sephiroth battle. But sadly we've come into an age of paid content and that's what we're going to get for this series. Paid DLC to see the missing holes that were left unfilled in the game. More money to spend on an already $60 ($80 if you bought the Deluxe) game. I just hope Nomura listen's to us (the player) and can take our ideas and disappointments and change it for a better, more amazing game in the future. And please make Kairi powerful in the next game, I want Kairi to be the Vegito to Kingdom hearts 3. 

Edited by ChampionPrince

On 2/28/2019 at 1:28 AM, In2umniaKillH3r said:

I was reluctant to post this because I know I'll be attacked by fans but I think this game is disappointing, especially after this long of a wait.
The story is complete nonsense, mumbo jumbo, even more, if you haven't played all the spinoff games like me. I don't even know who the hell are half the characters, even after watching the 20-30 minutes recap. Most of the characters are unlikable and too generic.

Yesterday, I've finished the last Disney level and now I'm forcing myself to finish the game, as a trophy hunter, the easy platinum can't even convince me to go for it.

The Gummi ship parts are bland, boring and tedious, just like the mini-games. The 2 seconds cooking games are more fun than them.

The only redeeming part of this game is the combat but it's not enough to keep me want to play.

I love kingdom hearts but this game was whatever.Nothing out of this world really.13 years for this?What a waste lol 

On 2/28/2019 at 2:37 AM, Erkawest said:

Well personally I've never been so slow to finish a game like this before, I played one world a day. The thought of starting the next one after completing one was just too exhausting, so I took it really slow to not get worn out. I'm not sure why I had this effect on me from this game.

Spoilers ahead if you haven't beaten the game, pretty funny lol

Bro this is me exactly 100%. I'm more into shooters so that's why I'm on and off about this game and can't really get engaged into it. But anyways that's the problem with people and hype nowadays. Peoples expectations are too damn high. Like when Clowney got that monster hit on that Michigan player back in 2013 everybody thought he was gonna do that game after game the season after. Needless to say people were.. disappointed. 

Every big game that gets released has a thread like this, it seems.

Playing this as your first KH game was pretty ill-advised especially since almost all the other games are available in one package on PS4 as well and there's no way you could have escaped the talk of how bamboozling the entire plot of the series is. Does that excuse the game for having a dumb story? No, absolutely not but even dumb things can be enjoyable so you handicapped yourself a bit there.

As far as I've always been concerned with the games though, their strength has always been their gameplay- like, I honestly don't see how the story is any worse here than in II or the other games that came after- and KHIII really knocked it out of the park when it comes to fun and battle variety- though it is a pity that it is pretty easy so you don't even have to explore every option available to you. It made various improvements to combat and traversal. And it looks gorgeous. And although some have expressed disappointment, I found the final gauntlet of battles immensely satisfying and really paid off the series for me, as a long time fan. But given the ending, I don't see this game as a conclusion but rather just another piece of a bigger puzzle. Sure, it's the end of a major arc but the series is far from finished.

In the end, we're all entitled to our own opinions but the game has sold millions, appears to have gotten very positive reception among critics and most players and will ultimately be seen as a success.

Edited by LepreCon91

Okay, one thing about this series is that you must have played every game that came before with the possible exception of Coded.  Basically, everything included in the I.5, 2.5, and 2.8 collections.  The plot really makes no sense otherwise and just flips newcomers the bird.

That being said and having platinumed all the previous games myself, there is plenty to be disappointed about in this game.  It's a real mixed bag aside from the graphics, and i will admit that many characters at this point really aren't all that interesting and Sora has mostly become a caricature of himself at this point.  This is on top of Sora being able to go full-on Matrix at this point in the series, so you get bizarre ludonarrative dissonance sequences like fighting Davy Jones with every weapon in your arsenal, yet when the cutscene happens Sora, Donald, and Goofy just jump on top of him without weapons and try to fight him like children and are thus easily brushed off.

In addition, some of the scripting is pretty lacking and we are stuck with some rather poor VAs for certain major characters (Aqua, Terra, I'm looking at you).

Also I agree that this may be the first game in the franchise that had a heavy interference with Disney in certain sequences.  Frozen in particular in that you and Org XII barely get involved at all

It does feel that the dev team didn't quite get enough time to finish more worlds in this game.  The 100 Acre Wood (or rather the 1 Acre Wood) is really pathetic with the only saving grace being the new voice for Rabbit and seems to only exist to augment of cooking minigame.  Also seems like among the last additions San Franscokyo seem like late additions since it has the smallest map.  KH2 and even BBS had more in terms of extra non-Disney zones, more of a reason to go off the beaten path or at least something to break the parade of Disney World after Disney World.  Those two were structured better in that regard.  Even DDD had more of a Traverse Town to explore.  But here we get no Traverse Town, no Mysterious Tower, no Magical Kingdom, no Radiant Garden, no Destiny Islands, no Land of Departure aside from one hallway, no World Without End, and a single district of Twilight Town

The Gummi Ship is more polished though.  I actually like the Gummi ship stuff this time.  Too bad the last area only consists of a single world.

Also the game itself is pretty polished for what we got with a decent amount of side content that isn't completely soul draining like Dream Eaters or Command Board farming.  I'll take Frozen Slider over that horrible snowmobile minigame in FFXV as well.

Also, I am personally bugged by the lack of established villains actually being bosses and instead replaced by forgettable Heartless/Nobodies/Unversed.  If that one Heartless is suppose to be Hans, for example, at least have Hans ride it or be controlled by it, similar to Clayton in the first game.  Or at least have on of the Org XIII guys actually fight you midgame.

Bud its still a good fun game.  Though I have to agree that the endgame content is a bit of a slog.  Getting Metal Gear Solid 2 & 4 flashback with the constant barrage of cutscenes and "move 6 feet then wait" moments.

It is also currently lacking in real relay value, but I think it will be fixed soon.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't say I "didn't like it" its just the story overall was absolutely very weak (perhaps even the weakest KH game story so far in my opinion) and the gameplay while still entertaining was definitely dumbed down several notched into kiddie mode to the point where proud mode (which at the time of writing is this games hardest difficulty) could EASILY be beaten by mostly button mashing and abusing the badly overpowered triangle prompts. 

At the end of the day it just reaffirmed my believe that the main storyline (Sora, Riku, and Kairi's story) should have ended with KH2 (In more opinion I honestly don't think they could have ended the KH1 - KH2 "trilogy" any better or more satisfyingly) 

The games that came after it were simply fine on their own but all in all mostly served just to create plot points/lines out of the blue (Xion, Terra/Xehanort, Ventus/Sora) that simply did not exist nor were even slightly implied to in any of the originals (Not talking about KH2 final mix here, since that game's extra content had clearly been influenced by Nomura's plans moving forward considering it was only released in Japan in 2007 2 years after KH2 had originally been released). This resulted in loose ends which people felt were unresolved by KH2 (even though a lot of them could be considered done, they just didn't in a "happy ever after" Disney sort of way")

Edited by Rune2303
  • Like 1

- Terrible voice acting to the extreme

- Boss fights are pretty damn lame. Nothing exciting about any of them

- Controls feel terrible on the Big Hero 6 level. (Flying section.. damn it's bad)

-Several glitches on the Big HEro 6 level too... how did these get through testing. (one even made me die and i had a full health bar...which then restart me at the beginning of the level completely.. wtf)

- Graphics looked horrible for the Hercules level (though this isn't that big of a deal.. it's rather noticeable)

• Like 1

Too funny, the side games that came out after KH2 were made so there will be a KH3, it's all about those games. If people choose not to play them, then they shouldn't bother with KH3, 358/2 Days was my favorite of the side games. I always say, then get cussed out online is, playing KH3 and not playing anything but 1 & 2, is like watching a 10 season show and watching seasons 1, 3 & 10. Oh look, a hyped up video game, gotta play it even though there's many other games before in the series and a complicated story.

• Like 2