Eurovision Gaming Challenge: The Chicken Edition (PSN Card x2!)

eigen-space

Alrighty.... everyone up until this point should be updated. We've got 4 people who have completed both requirements for the event so far! And Russia is in the lead with 2 votes (HUGE margin there xD). We also have a total of 54 Chicken Games (plus probably 20 different Final Fantasy games that would count) in the games list... definitely an egg-cellent list!

Note-- I'm not checking profiles for completions, so you'll have to post in this thread that you've completed your game for me to count it. Also, if you edited an old post it might have gotten overlooked.

• Like 1

Hi, can I use Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space Episode 3? (the primordial chicken, Mr. Featherly is present on EP3 to 5 from what I read). 

Edit: since I usually don't follow this thing, I will need to watch the entries before saying what's my favorite. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

I just completed The Bard's Tale: Remastered and Resnarkled so i'm totally in ?.

I'm from Argentina so i don't really know about this Eurovision thing, but after listening some of the songs i'll pick... :hmm: "La Venda" from Spain...

Yeah, i'm going with that one, at least i understand the song and it's pretty catchy too.

La venda ya cayoooooo ??..ups, sorry.

Edited by fabiansc83

15 hours ago, fabiansc83 said:

"La Venda" from Spain...

Yeah, i'm going with that one, at least i understand the song and it's pretty catchy too.

La venda ya cayoooooo 1f3b6.png1f3b6.png..ups, sorry.

Lo que ere~~~ lo que ere ere e ??

Finally someone picks one of my two #1s :D

• Like 1

Requirement 1:

AC4: Black Flag. There are chickens running about on some islands and after a huge mind numbing grind I'm almost done with the MP trophies.

Spoiler

Requirement 2: 

I had quite a hard time deciding on a favorite after spending way too much time listening to all of the songs over and over again. Turns out that the ESC doesn't quite cover my taste in music.

In the end I found Australia and Portugal to be the funniest entries. Mostly due to the Australian entry featuring someone in a dress that's likely taller than the house I live in as well as an impaled background dancer flailing about like he's in pain and I guess I don't have to explain Portugal, I've got no clue what's going on with that entry but me and a friend of mine were rolling on the floor. (Since when is Australia a part of Europe anyway?)

My award for the most dramatic song is a tie between Georgia and Albania. Iceland was... interesting? Not quite something I'd like to listen to but it's unlike anything I've ever heard before. I can't get Norway's entry out of my head but I guess I'll end up casting my vote for Spain since I like the simplicity and the language.

5 hours ago, xFalionx said:

I had quite a hard time deciding on a favorite after spending way too much time listening to all of the songs over and over again. Turns out that the ESC doesn't quite cover my taste in music.

In the end I found Australia and Portugal to be the funniest entries. Mostly due to the Australian entry featuring someone in a dress that's likely taller than the house I live in as well as an impaled background dancer flailing about like he's in pain and I guess I don't have to explain Portugal, I've got no clue what's going on with that entry but me and a friend of mine were rolling on the floor. (Since when is Australia a part of Europe anyway?)

I find that ESC generally doesn't match most people's music tastes, but that it's the showmanship that makes it fun and interesting... though probably about half of my "Drive to Work" playlist is comprised of the past decade of Eurovision songs xD

Australia and Portugal are definitely the two countries from this year that I've suggested people watch if they want to get an idea of the level of insanity they're in for with Eurovision :P

--Updates--

Everyone should be updated at this point. I would like to reiterate that unless you specifically state that your game has been completed, I am not marking it as complete; in past events I'd check profiles periodically to see if games had been completed, but I'm not this time around (too much stuff going on IRL to check everyone with any sort of regularity).

• Like 1

Platinum Trophy #45

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

1L7fe90f.png

Prizes, Plunder, and Adventure!

Win every trophy.

Seems like I managed to finish this one up fairly quickly. Overall, this game was much more enjoyable to plat than AC3, even considering the grindier MP trophies. The SP experience was much more entertaining to me than that of AC3 and, while I still prefer a couple design choices of the old Ezio trilogy, so far this has been the first AC game that had me finish almost all of the optional content before finishing the story. The ship gameplay was surprisingly fun, considering that the naval missions weren't quite my favorite part of AC3 but I felt like the story was lacking compared to the previous titles of the franchise, especially the present day half of the story. I ended up liking Edward as a character much more than Connor, though.

Surprisingly enough, the most tedious trophy requirement wasn't the grind to MP level 55 but rather playing all game modes once, since the handful of active players seems to dislike playing anything but Deathmatch and Manhunt. Thankfully, after about two hours of trying to start a Dominion match, I managed to assemble the four players required to start a game, only to have two of them leave during the starting screen but I still got the trophy. Seems like the game counts a game mode as played as soon as you select a character to play as.

In the end many chickens were fed during my journey and now have a place to live as pirating poultry in the newly liberated Caribbean. I'll likely take yet another AC break before tackling Rogue, though, as these games tend to get boring when played directly one after the other.

Hahaha! Fun! A crossover between PlayStation trophy hunting and Eurovision sounds like my kind of thing. 

I was planning on playing Burnout Paradise Remastered in May, and I just found out there's a song in that game called "Chicken George". Does that count? If so...

1) Burnout Paradise Remastered (Also, you can sort of play a game of chicken in that game, no? ;) )

2) Russia. Or Slovenia. But I'll go with Russia. 

Well, I just platinumed Glass Masquerade and I scoured the game for chickens and all I could find is this (this going to be a stretch so bear with me):

Image 1

You could argue the dancer is wearing peacock feathers on her head,

the peacock is part of the Phasianidae family that contains also the chicken (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phasianidae).

Hence, this is photo is a distant relative of the chicken  ;)

If it too far of a stretch for you then I'm working on AC3 remastered that has chickens all over the world there, hopefully I will complete it in the time frame :)

Regarding 2, well I'm from Israel (that brought the chicken fever to here) so I have to go with Kobi Marimi (although if I'm honest I think his chances are slim).