EA Access Coming To PS4 This July

Aranea Highwind

20 minutes ago, djb5f said:

That’s a good deal for people who like sports games, battlefield, or battlefront.  

How quickly after release is a title added to this service?  Pretty quickly or several months down the road?

Sports games are quick for the most part. Regular games it seems to depend on their success lol.

I think the biggest selling point of this thing is the 10% off new EA games. If someone's gonna spend 60$ on a new game, they can spend 5$ on this, get the game for 59$ total and a month of on demand games. Hell, if there's ever a month where they buy 2 ea games, they make 7$ lol.

I have no idea why anybody would pay money for this. EA have been pumping out turds this whole console generation... But I guess this isn't aimed at me, it's for the "dude bros" who pretty much exclusively play sports games and Battlefield. These people are used getting ripped off and they don't care.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KingGuy420 said:

Sports games are quick for the most part. Regular games it seems to depend on their success lol.

I think the biggest selling point of this thing is the 10% off new EA games. If someone's gonna spend 60$ on a new game, they can spend 5$ on this, get the game for 59$ total and a month of on demand games. Hell, if there's ever a month where they buy 2 ea games, they make 7$ lol.

Yeah, it is a better lineup of games than PS Plus for sure (for me).  I can count the ps4 games I have played on one hand (Rocket League, NBA 2K16, Mafia III, Batman (Telltale), Table Top Racing.).  Some others I would play but haven’t gotten to yet.

Idk, I had a look at the list you can currently play on Xbox, and it actually looks pretty good assuming those games interest you of course. I own a lot anyway so wouldn't get it myself right away, maybe down the track if they add more I haven't played. I understand the typical ea stuff but aside from it being them, and most trophy hunters not being interested in their types of games anyway, this is actually a pretty decent option for some people, so I don't think people should criticise this move from them. Their other actions are much more crap than this seems to be.

6 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I have no idea why anybody would pay money for this. EA have been pumping out turds this whole console generation... But I guess this isn't aimed at me, it's for the "dude bros" who pretty much exclusively play sports games and Battlefield. These people are used getting ripped off and they don't care.

I get where your coming from, but there are a lot of people like me too, who aren't "dude bros", and play lots of games Japanese origin and indies etc. who still enjoy sports and playing online with friends enough to play these. Yes there are some people who will only play Fortnite and CoD every year but that's not everyone. Battlefields and Titanfall are pretty much like social chats with friends while playing so you could look at it from that perspective as well, just saying that even though you're not interested doesn't mean that these games are exclusively for the chads of this world. This also means that the games aren't all 'turds', some are, but some just don't appeal to specifically.

37 minutes ago, Bairuto said:

I get where your coming from, but there are a lot of people like me too, who aren't "dude bros", and play lots of games Japanese origin and indies etc. who still enjoy sports and playing online with friends enough to play these. Yes there are some people who will only play Fortnite and CoD every year but that's not everyone. Battlefields and Titanfall are pretty much like social chats with friends while playing so you could look at it from that perspective as well, just saying that even though you're not interested doesn't mean that these games are exclusively for the chads of this world. This also means that the games aren't all 'turds', some are, but some just don't appeal to specifically.

I understand what you’re saying too. But it’s just an opinion. 

Most people who buy these sports games and Battlefields couldn’t care less about trophies, and that’s fine. But for people like me they’re not my cup of tea.

Even if this comes off as derogatory, it’s still an opinion.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, danielc655 said:

The only games from EA now that would interest me would be a remaster of dead space 1 and 2. 

Unlikely. 

Insomniac Games hasn’t done anything with Ratchet and Clank from last gen. Tools of Destruction deserves a remake, I think there are enough fans of the series who can support such a remake. Resistance: Fall of Man could use one too, but that franchise is dead in the water. 

That being said, we got enough remasters this gen. Far too many in fact.

More Battlefront & Anthem? Think I'll pass, especially when I've got Origin on PC. While their sports games look decent, I'm just not really interested in them. Sure, "It's in the game"... for a few dollars more! I'm losing faith in BioWare now. Mass Effect is over, I'm sure. It's said Dragon Age 4 is based on Anthem's code & there is some "live service" component to it. Should that mean it's another always online title like Anthem, NO DEAL.

I sure wouldn't mind at all if EA pays Crytek to remaster the Crysis trilogy for PS4. Since last-gen couldn't quite handle them so well, I'm a bit curious to see how they'd run on PS4. The zero-gravity level in the 1st one is amazing.

4 hours ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

I only have Origin on my PC for Titanfall 2. Geat game if you've never played it.  Trust me. ?

I'll 2nd that.

20 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

But I guess this isn't aimed at me, it's for the "dude bros" who pretty much exclusively play sports games and Battlefield. These people are used getting ripped off and they don't care.

But I don't get this marketing concept, because the "dude bros" are already buying the sports games and Battlefield every year. Basically, this just means that EA will get half the revenue from them going forward.

My guess is that EA is playing the long game here, and hoping to move to a complete subscription service. It's known that people are often poor at canceling subscriptions, so they are trying to keep them on the hook by setting out some fragrant bait now.

12 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

But I don't get this marketing concept, because the "dude bros" are already buying the sports games and Battlefield every year. Basically, this just means that EA will get half the revenue from them going forward.

My guess is that EA is playing the long game here, and hoping to move to a complete subscription service. It's known that people are often poor at canceling subscriptions, so they are trying to keep them on the hook by setting out some fragrant bait now.

Even after all the shit they were called out for when they were voted Worst Company in America in 2012, along with the controversy that followed after Mass Effect 3 and Dead Space 3, people still hand over their wallets and ten percent of their life savings to this company. 

I understand talking shit about EA and Activision has been done to death. But the evidence speaks for itself. Activision-Blizzard fired a portion of their staff a few months ago. Does that tell a sign of anything?

EA puts little effort into Madden and because they’re the only company who can make NFL games, there’s no other choice. It’s win win for the “dude bros” who just buy a few games every year and play Madden simply because they play with friends online. 

Their CEO is a smug moron. Just looking at him makes me cringe. 

What more can I say? The subscription service is just a way to keep people giving them the money for fragrant bait. 

21 hours ago, hsn963 said:

Inbefore Ubisoft and Activizion follow EA's module ( soon to be mandatory, like a certain  console's service 1f60f.png ).

Ubisoft does have uPlay, which you need to make an account for and be online for to access some cosmetic stuff. Usually an Ezio outfit in the Assassins Creed games or a unique weapon, neither of which are necessary.

• 3 months later...

If new releases started showing up consistently on EA Access, I'd probably consider subscribing.  I usually end up getting the new NHL games eventually anyways, if I could have it locked down for $30 a year flat with some guarantee that, for example, NHL 20 were going to be there on release or shortly thereafter... I don't see that as a bad thing.

Of course, I don't even think NHL 19 is on there right now.  So they have a ways to go. xD

EDIT: Oh, I guess NHL 19 is on there.  When I tried EA Access on the Xbox it wasn't there, but maybe that's because I already owned it.  Looks like it was added April 2019.  Don't think I'd pay $30 a year to maybe play the game 7 months after release lol.

Edited by Dreakon13