Welp, someone really borked this trophy list

Before the "deserving/undeserving" debate grows to epic proportions for the hundredth time, I'll just say that this will be on par with Mega Man Legacy Collection as one of the most difficult PSN 100s ever, due to its incredible old-school difficulty.

That said, I am picking this one up as 2 of the first games I ever saw through to the end as a kid were Dracula's Curse and Castlevania The Adventure. Enter nostalgia, pain and younger fans realizing what old-school tough really is all about. I love it!

• Like 3

I'm genuinely not surprised Konami went this route with the trophy list. Sega never cared a to add a platinum trophy for Crazy Taxi, Daytona USA, Jet Set Radio, Golden Axe or any of their other classic re-releases. Capcom failed to include one for the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection and the Mega Man Legacy Collection Volumes 1 & 2. Then what have we got here?

Meanwhile at Ratalaika Games... (SEE SPOILER TAG)

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Spoiler tagged to prevent possible topic derailing. :)

2 minutes ago, Conker said:

List is disappointing, but nevertheless it won't stop me from buying this to play these great Castlevania games :D 

Same thought pattern. Plat would have been nice but I wasn't sure if it would be. I forsee many tempers and thrown controllers.

1 minute ago, Icebrand1270 said:

Same thought pattern. Plat would have been nice but I wasn't sure if it would be. I forsee many tempers and thrown controllers.

You're around the same age as the Angry Video Game Nerd, and his video series on YouTube is a good glimpse of how frustratingly hard and difficult those games were back in the day.

There has been a lot of cry for the games to have save slates, and an option to rewind if you make a mistake. While I can't see Konami doing such a thing but if they do then this list will not be hard at all.
Without the save slates this will be a fun list. Not sure how I would go its been some time since I played these titles.

EDIT: According to some posts on the internet the Konami Arcade Classics Collection released had one save slot, and an option to make the games easier alongside button layout changes and display settings, not sure how much truth these reports have yet.
This might get the same treatment making it not as bad

Edited by fisty123

40 minutes ago, Spaz said:

You're around the same age as the Angry Video Game Nerd, and his video series on YouTube is a good glimpse of how frustratingly hard and difficult those games were back in the day.

castlevania games werent THAT hard compared to other nes ones like ninja gaiden, battletoads, ghosts n goblins, tmnt, or trying to land your jet on the air craft carrier in top gun (lol)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

We might as well rename PSNProfiles to PSNWhiners.

I heavily agree with you, I used to really enjoy scrolling through the forums, but for the past two years or so this site has heavily degraded into nothing but a bitchfest, even the moderators do nothing but bitch about something half the time. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nazareth357 said:

I heavily agree with you, I used to really enjoy scrolling through the forums, but for the past two years or so this site has heavily degraded into nothing but a bitchfest, even the moderators do nothing but bitch about something half the time. 

Welcome to the Internet.
In their defense for this game only, this is a trophy tracking site, many wanted a plat trophy.
Me I wanted things like pass this part without getting hit or do this without using a certain item and so on but how dare people complain about not having good trophies on a trophy tracking site.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nazareth357 said:

When we complain we are always more vocal, thats just humans as a whole, look at the s**tfest the media has become. If u were always talking postitive, it would get pretty boring.

Almost every forum on the net has people complaining.

Here I am complaining now lol.

I dont see anything bad in it, just opinions at the end of the day and the net allows us to be vocal.

On a site about trophies, its pretty obvious complaints will be made when there are not enough trophies, its basically anti-site. Same with any site, you will see a lot of complaints on anything that goes against the site.

That said, I for on am not bothered abt the trophies and am not bothered abt complaints. But from a trophy website perspective, I can understand the complaints.

I remember playing castlevania SNES in the day and to be honest, playing these old 16-bit (8-bit games are even worse) games are pretty boring for me compared to the range of games today. So I wont planning on buying anyhow, especially not with Bloodstained around the corner.

I know its nostalgia can be powerful and other stuff, but I just dont see how u could enioy 8-bit games like this today.

I mean at least similar looking games created today have much more range and depth to them, back in the day, they were fun, but they just dont compare to games today.

Edited by Optinooby

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

Everyone feels everything should have a platinum. And when it doesn't they are disgruntled and they automatically skip a game because it doesn't have a platinum. Just like what people did to HITMAN 2.

We might as well rename PSNProfiles to PSNWhiners.

It's not just the platinum trophy though. Sometimes it feels like people are disappointed if finishing a game is enough to earn the majority or all of the trophies, as if they don't know how to play or have fun with the game if there's not list to tell them what to do.

Whaaaat? I don't need to kill 100 medusa heads without getting hit once? This game is garbage!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Skeptical69 said:

I'm genuinely not surprised Konami went this route with the trophy list. Sega never cared a to add a platinum trophy for Crazy Taxi, Daytona USA, Jet Set Radio, Golden Axe or any of their other classic re-releases. Capcom failed to include one for the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection and the Mega Man Legacy Collection Volumes 1 & 2. Then what have we got here?

you would believe that so many companies fucked up instead of sony being the problem here with their weird ass trophies policies?

Edited by BuTTBR41N
  • Like 2