The Day We Feared Is Coming: September 3, 2019

On September 3, 2019, Naughty Dog will shut down the servers for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception and the Last Of Us on PS3. Thankfully, I got the online done for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and The Last Of Us but good luck on getting this done if you haven't already. 

• Like 2

Earlier than that... the Playstation store says July 9th.

Enjoy all Multiplayer DLC for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves on PlayStation®3 for free, including all gameplay content and vanity items! After nearly 10 years of operation, on Tuesday, July 9, 2019, we will cease operations of multiplayer servers for Naughty Dog games on PS3™. To celebrate almost a decade of incredible multiplayer memories, we’re making all multiplayer DLC available for free via our new DLC Collection Bundles.
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-BCUS98123_00-U2COLLECTIONBUND

Oh well.... nothing I can do as I don't have a PS3 anymore.

Hopefully they don't fuck us again with the MP and DLC trophies of TLOUp2 and future games.  Tired of getting the platinum and then they go out of their way to add near impossible DLC trophies.

Eurgh. I just bought Uncharted 2 and 3 dlcs with the idea of finally getting them done but I got seriously burnt out on boosting recently so they were as far back on the burner as they could get. I think with this announcement they'll be pushed off it forever...

Edited by Cleggworth

26 minutes ago, MATT_THE_FLY said:

I get that Naughtydog is looking to retire their servers from last gen but why Last of Us though? The game's only about 6 years old and from what i've heard, the multiplayer is still relatively active

I can confirm The Last of Us's multiplayer was still pretty active. You couldn't find a match in every game mode but the game modes that had players, always had full games. I played the multiplayer about a month ago between 12am-6am to get the multiplayer trophies required for platinum. 

4 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Earlier than that... the Playstation store says July 9th.

Enjoy all Multiplayer DLC for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves on PlayStation00ae.png3 for free, including all gameplay content and vanity items! After nearly 10 years of operation, on Tuesday, July 9, 2019,
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-BCUS98123_00-U2COLLECTIONBUND

Fortunately, the store made a correction.  It now says:

Enjoy all Multiplayer DLC for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves on PlayStation®3 for free, including all gameplay content and vanity items! After nearly 10 years of operation, on Tuesday, September 3, 2019, we will cease operations of multiplayer servers for Naughty Dog games on PS3™. To celebrate almost a decade of incredible multiplayer memories, we’re making all multiplayer DLC available for free via our new DLC Collection Bundles.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MATT_THE_FLY said:

I get that Naughtydog is looking to retire their servers from last gen but why Last of Us though? The game's only about 6 years old and from what i've heard, the multiplayer is still relatively active

They likely just want to finally leave the PS3 behind and focus on PS4 and the upcoming PS5.  They can't keep maintaining their PS3 games forever.

I'd imagine that in a year or two, virtually all PS3 servers will be closed down.  So, if you have any remaining PS3 online trophies still to do, I'd get on them now,,,

• Like 1

Knew it'd happen eventually. I'll probably try to go for as many in UC2 as I can since I already got a couple in one of the DLCs years ago, but I doubt I'll bother with the UC3 ones since I've never touched the DLC for that game at all. Probably better to leave it at plat w/o DLC than try to deal with all that mess.

Will probably pick up TLoU and get plat at least though whilst I still can.

Ps store on eu side released free dlc which supposedly unlocks dlc content. Anyone knows if it will work on digital version? Earlier digital goty version's dlc didnt work on digital version for some reason. I cant test it atm. 

@ExdeathXIII

I found separate dlc unlock item at ps store eu side. 

Edited by Kavatus

1 minute ago, ExdeathXIII said:

Can you post the link, I see only one DLC of 2,50€, but nothing free, and I'd like to earn some trophies before that shut down.

https://store.playstation.com/fi-fi/product/EP9000-BCES00727_00-UNCHARTED2BUNDLE

Thats from finnish store, it might redirect you to one at your store. Found it by typing Uncharted 2 to store search and it was on search results. 

2 minutes ago, Kavatus said:

https://store.playstation.com/fi-fi/product/EP9000-BCES00727_00-UNCHARTED2BUNDLE

Thats from finnish store, it might redirect you to one at your store. Found it by typing Uncharted 2 to store search and it was on search results. 

The page told me that search product don't exist in my country when it redirect me to the Spanish Store.

But thanks for the link and trying ^^