Darksiders Genesis trailer

snakebit10

I'm pretty interested in this, loved the Darksiders series and I really enjoy the dungeon crawl style game, so I'm pretty excited to see what they do with this considering THQ has had a lot of the Warhammer games and things like that in the past and have done a really good job with it.

• Like 1

I love how they are at least trying to make their games different. So much same old same old these days. And I love Diablo I dont care that it's not a main entry; you're still going to be playing the last horseman and play out whatever story they choose to have it "spin off". I just have to platinum 1 and 2 again on this account, and play 3 which I am super excited for. That is how I justify buying new games now.

Edited by Upendo_Vitani
  • Like 1

The trailer looks great, and like the game will be a ton of fun! ?

I'm concerned, however, with how the game will run... Darksiders III is one of the worst running games I've played, with constant lag especially when a lot of enemies are on screen. For a game in the style of Genesis, this simply cannot happen. I hope this game won't have those issues, as it would be insufferable to play otherwise... 

Edited by Arcesus7

15 hours ago, Thrintus said:

As long as it differentiates itself enough from the Diablo franchise, this could very well become the next couch co-op hit on the PS4. I'm curious to see where they take this.

Why would it need to? There's room for more diablo-clones regardless of the similarities or lack of differences. Chaosbane, Path of Exile, Victor Vran, a Tesla one, and I am personally still waiting for the 3rd Van Helsing game on PS4.

4 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

The trailer looks great, and like the game will be a ton of fun! 1f603.png

I'm concerned, however, with how the game will run... Darksiders III is one of the worst running games I've played, with constant lag especially when a lot of enemies are on screen. For a game in the style of Genesis, this simply cannot happen. I hope this game won't have those issues, as it would be insufferable to play otherwise... 

Why the concern? the two games are only artistically similar. The top-down one doesn't look as intensive or problematic as their last one. Unless this is the generic "any game could run badly" statement. Most people will play a game and ignore small hiccups. A small group of people will pretend that those hiccups are all the game are.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Why the concern? the two games are only artistically similar. The top-down one doesn't look as intensive or problematic as their last one. Unless this is the generic "any game could run badly" statement. Most people will play a game and ignore small hiccups. A small group of people will pretend that those hiccups are all the game are.

It was not a generic statement, but I should have done some research first nonetheless. I assumed the same development studio, Gunfire Games, would be behind Genesis. Turns out, it's not the case. With Darksiders III running as badly as it does, I have to assume Gunfire Games does not know how to optimize their games. It has nothing to do with artistic similarity, but with game performance. 

49 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Why would it need to? There's room for more diablo-clones regardless of the similarities or lack of differences. Chaosbane, Path of Exile, Victor Vran, a Tesla one, and I am personally still waiting for the 3rd Van Helsing game on PS4.

Because Darksiders is a triple A, blockbuster franchise with plenty of resources and talent to not warrant a Diablo clone. I hope it brings some original and creative ideas to the pool, don't you?

3 hours ago, Thrintus said:

Because Darksiders is a triple A, blockbuster franchise with plenty of resources and talent to not warrant a Diablo clone. I hope it brings some original and creative ideas to the pool, don't you?

most people see Darksiders as a double A series. Especially right now, since its still recovering from the closing down of the studio.

Edited by danceswithsloths

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...