snakebit10

Darksiders Genesis trailer

24 posts in this topic

could be interesting.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wow, how interesting! Very different from previous Darksiders games but still looks like fun for sure. I'm a big fan of the series so I'll be keeping a very close eye on this one.

Edited by danceswithsloths
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think a lot of people aren't gonna be happy about this. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so everybody knows, people are saying this is a prequel spinoff game, not Darksiders 4. I do not have a source for that, but it seems likely all things considered.

 

still super excited though!

Edited by danceswithsloths
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good. I’m interested in it. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as it differentiates itself enough from the Diablo franchise, this could very well become the next couch co-op hit on the PS4. I'm curious to see where they take this.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I added a link to IGN article. It is indeed a spin-off and isn't considered Darksiders 4.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, snakebit10 said:

I added a link to IGN article. It is indeed a spin-off and isn't considered Darksiders 4.

oh good.

 

Not that this game doesn't look great, it certainly does, but Strife deserves his own Darksiders 4 game.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty interested in this, loved the Darksiders series and I really enjoy the dungeon crawl style game, so I'm pretty excited to see what they do with this considering THQ has had a lot of the Warhammer games and things like that in the past and have done a really good job with it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly this looks great. I think Darksiders is the perfect franchise to do in this style. I'm all for it. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally, Darksiders is interesting. This just may be the glue that holds us together while waiting for Diablo IV.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how they are at least trying to make their games different. So much same old same old these days. And I love Diablo I dont care that it's not a main entry; you're still going to be playing the last horseman and play out whatever story they choose to have it "spin off". I just have to platinum 1 and 2 again on this account, and play 3 which I am super excited for. That is how I justify buying new games now.

Edited by Upendo_Vitani
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trailer looks great, and like the game will be a ton of fun! 😃

 

I'm concerned, however, with how the game will run... Darksiders III is one of the worst running games I've played, with constant lag especially when a lot of enemies are on screen. For a game in the style of Genesis, this simply cannot happen. I hope this game won't have those issues, as it would be insufferable to play otherwise... 

Edited by Arcesus7
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Thrintus said:

As long as it differentiates itself enough from the Diablo franchise, this could very well become the next couch co-op hit on the PS4. I'm curious to see where they take this.

 

Why would it need to? There's room for more diablo-clones regardless of the similarities or lack of differences. Chaosbane, Path of Exile, Victor Vran, a Tesla one, and I am personally still waiting for the 3rd Van Helsing game on PS4.

4 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

The trailer looks great, and like the game will be a ton of fun! 1f603.png

 

I'm concerned, however, with how the game will run... Darksiders III is one of the worst running games I've played, with constant lag especially when a lot of enemies are on screen. For a game in the style of Genesis, this simply cannot happen. I hope this game won't have those issues, as it would be insufferable to play otherwise... 

 

Why the concern? the two games are only artistically similar. The top-down one doesn't look as intensive or problematic as their last one. Unless this is the generic "any game could run badly" statement. Most people will play a game and ignore small hiccups. A small group of people will pretend that those hiccups are all the game are.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Why the concern? the two games are only artistically similar. The top-down one doesn't look as intensive or problematic as their last one. Unless this is the generic "any game could run badly" statement. Most people will play a game and ignore small hiccups. A small group of people will pretend that those hiccups are all the game are.

 

It was not a generic statement, but I should have done some research first nonetheless. I assumed the same development studio, Gunfire Games, would be behind Genesis. Turns out, it's not the case. With Darksiders III running as badly as it does, I have to assume Gunfire Games does not know how to optimize their games. It has nothing to do with artistic similarity, but with game performance. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

 

Why would it need to? There's room for more diablo-clones regardless of the similarities or lack of differences. Chaosbane, Path of Exile, Victor Vran, a Tesla one, and I am personally still waiting for the 3rd Van Helsing game on PS4.

 

Because Darksiders is a triple A, blockbuster franchise with plenty of resources and talent to not warrant a Diablo clone. I hope it brings some original and creative ideas to the pool, don't you?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thrintus said:

 

Because Darksiders is a triple A, blockbuster franchise with plenty of resources and talent to not warrant a Diablo clone. I hope it brings some original and creative ideas to the pool, don't you?

most people see Darksiders as a double A series. Especially right now, since its still recovering from the closing down of the studio.

Edited by danceswithsloths
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super excited for this game.  I'm a big fan of the series.  Released yesterday for PC and is getting pretty favorable reviews.

Edited by JaneAusten69
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna have to get my ass in gear and beat the first 3 games, I played the first one on a friend's Xbox but haven't gotten around to replaying it

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone is looking for a Co-Op partner, feel free to add me! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.