snakebit10

Darksiders Genesis trailer

24 posts in this topic

could be interesting.

Oh wow, how interesting! Very different from previous Darksiders games but still looks like fun for sure. I'm a big fan of the series so I'll be keeping a very close eye on this one.

Edited by danceswithsloths

Think a lot of people aren't gonna be happy about this. 

Just so everybody knows, people are saying this is a prequel spinoff game, not Darksiders 4. I do not have a source for that, but it seems likely all things considered.

still super excited though!

Looks good. I’m interested in it. 

As long as it differentiates itself enough from the Diablo franchise, this could very well become the next couch co-op hit on the PS4. I'm curious to see where they take this.

I added a link to IGN article. It is indeed a spin-off and isn't considered Darksiders 4.

1 minute ago, snakebit10 said:

I added a link to IGN article. It is indeed a spin-off and isn't considered Darksiders 4.

oh good.

Not that this game doesn't look great, it certainly does, but Strife deserves his own Darksiders 4 game.

I'm pretty interested in this, loved the Darksiders series and I really enjoy the dungeon crawl style game, so I'm pretty excited to see what they do with this considering THQ has had a lot of the Warhammer games and things like that in the past and have done a really good job with it.

Honestly this looks great. I think Darksiders is the perfect franchise to do in this style. I'm all for it. 

Finally, Darksiders is interesting. This just may be the glue that holds us together while waiting for Diablo IV.

I love how they are at least trying to make their games different. So much same old same old these days. And I love Diablo I dont care that it's not a main entry; you're still going to be playing the last horseman and play out whatever story they choose to have it "spin off". I just have to platinum 1 and 2 again on this account, and play 3 which I am super excited for. That is how I justify buying new games now.

Edited by Upendo_Vitani

The trailer looks great, and like the game will be a ton of fun! 😃

I'm concerned, however, with how the game will run... Darksiders III is one of the worst running games I've played, with constant lag especially when a lot of enemies are on screen. For a game in the style of Genesis, this simply cannot happen. I hope this game won't have those issues, as it would be insufferable to play otherwise... 

Edited by Arcesus7

15 hours ago, Thrintus said:

As long as it differentiates itself enough from the Diablo franchise, this could very well become the next couch co-op hit on the PS4. I'm curious to see where they take this.

Why would it need to? There's room for more diablo-clones regardless of the similarities or lack of differences. Chaosbane, Path of Exile, Victor Vran, a Tesla one, and I am personally still waiting for the 3rd Van Helsing game on PS4.

4 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

The trailer looks great, and like the game will be a ton of fun! 1f603.png

I'm concerned, however, with how the game will run... Darksiders III is one of the worst running games I've played, with constant lag especially when a lot of enemies are on screen. For a game in the style of Genesis, this simply cannot happen. I hope this game won't have those issues, as it would be insufferable to play otherwise... 

Why the concern? the two games are only artistically similar. The top-down one doesn't look as intensive or problematic as their last one. Unless this is the generic "any game could run badly" statement. Most people will play a game and ignore small hiccups. A small group of people will pretend that those hiccups are all the game are.

12 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Why the concern? the two games are only artistically similar. The top-down one doesn't look as intensive or problematic as their last one. Unless this is the generic "any game could run badly" statement. Most people will play a game and ignore small hiccups. A small group of people will pretend that those hiccups are all the game are.

It was not a generic statement, but I should have done some research first nonetheless. I assumed the same development studio, Gunfire Games, would be behind Genesis. Turns out, it's not the case. With Darksiders III running as badly as it does, I have to assume Gunfire Games does not know how to optimize their games. It has nothing to do with artistic similarity, but with game performance. 

49 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Why would it need to? There's room for more diablo-clones regardless of the similarities or lack of differences. Chaosbane, Path of Exile, Victor Vran, a Tesla one, and I am personally still waiting for the 3rd Van Helsing game on PS4.

Because Darksiders is a triple A, blockbuster franchise with plenty of resources and talent to not warrant a Diablo clone. I hope it brings some original and creative ideas to the pool, don't you?

3 hours ago, Thrintus said:

Because Darksiders is a triple A, blockbuster franchise with plenty of resources and talent to not warrant a Diablo clone. I hope it brings some original and creative ideas to the pool, don't you?

most people see Darksiders as a double A series. Especially right now, since its still recovering from the closing down of the studio.

Super excited for this game.  I'm a big fan of the series.  Released yesterday for PC and is getting pretty favorable reviews.

Edited by JaneAusten69

I'm gonna have to get my ass in gear and beat the first 3 games, I played the first one on a friend's Xbox but haven't gotten around to replaying it

If anyone is looking for a Co-Op partner, feel free to add me!