Race to 100 platinum trophies

Gumby114

I'd suggest looking at Telltale games if you're wanting a quick boost. Most take under a day to do, and imo they're pretty decent for a story telling games. Keep in mind Telltale games are probably going to be delisted soon off psn store so if you can get hard coppies it'd be better.

Theres also Ratalaika games but been there done that and I don't reccomend it, theres a few that are good but alot which are meh even for fun factor..

• Like 1

Good luck but not sure it might be possible to platinum all those games in that time, unless you put around 12 hours per day. As above, do get some TT games in there + they are actually really good.

Make sure your 100 plat is something special.... if I were you I'd make it be Death Stranding.

Happy hunting! ???

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

Good luck but not sure it might be possible to platinum all those games in that time, unless you put around 12 hours per day. As above, do get some TT games in there + they are actually really good.

Make sure your 100 plat is something special.... if I were you I'd make it be Death Stranding.

Happy hunting! 1f44d.png1f600.png1f3c6.png

Yeah, I think in hindsight 100 may be a bit extreme but I will give it a good solid crack. Like I said, for six weeks I am on holidays and about 5 of the games I am only 1 trophy away. I am hopeful that I can knock these games out fairly quickly. Just to have a crack will be fun. I will plan something for 75 and 100 as they are both milestones. I planned 20 and 30 to be Ni no Kuni 1 and 2. My favourite game of all time was plat 50 and the Spiderman plat was trophy 3000. I forgot I was getting close to 4000 and accidentally made it Battlefield: Hardline. whoops. I am happy that my first ever plat was Skyrim. Death Stranding is a great suggestion. or Medievil which was a game I played a lot of when I was a kid.

4 hours ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

I'd suggest looking at Telltale games if you're wanting a quick boost. Most take under a day to do, and imo they're pretty decent for a story telling games. Keep in mind Telltale games are probably going to be delisted soon off psn store so if you can get hard coppies it'd be better.

Theres also Ratalaika games but been there done that and I don't reccomend it, theres a few that are good but alot which are meh even for fun factor..

I have not heard great things about Ratalaika games but will look into them. I will probably only play the Wolf Among Us and Game of Thrones for Telltale games. I have been looking at maybe the second Batman game. I think the first one was their best so far.

That would be 3 easy plats that I can get relatively quickly. Thanks for the idea. I will add them in.

Good luck with your task it seems it won't be that easy with the games you have in mind...

The actual reason why i post here is that i laughed about the game Metro 2034 which doesn't exist :P you probably mean Metro Last Light? If you bought the Redux Version on PS4 or the newer one Metro Exodus? I don't know but you may change that :D

• Like 1

Nice, good luck on your adventure towards the 100th plat, and since you're looking pretty serious about it, early congrats for you mate. 

Btw, I'll give some help based on the games that you've played, and the ones you listed here, i just won't talk about those easy 10mins plat and telltale alike cause you probably know where to find those. 

First, finish up Shadow of Mordor, uncharted 4, one piece pirate warriors, Batman Arkham Knight, Borderlands 2, and Tony hawk pro Skater, you already got some progress on them, so it shouldnt be hard to finish. 

Since you like Lego, pick every one that you can find, they are easy and are all the same trophy wise. 

Some recomendations that you may like that dont have any bs trophy and can be done between 15~30hrs: Shadow of War, Uncharted Drake collection & Lost legacy, Farcry 3 (ps4), Assassins Creed Ezio Collection, Batman Arkham Asylum, Bioshock The Collection, Detroit Become Human, GTA San Andreas (ps3 or ps4), Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux, Sleeping Dogs, Full Throttle Remaster, Resident Evil 7, Watch Dogs 2, God Of War 3, Infamous Second Son, Unravel, Virginia, Murdered Soul Suspect, and Nier Automata. Those will give you a pretty good amount of fun, and none have those trophies that require hours and hours of stupid shit. 

• Like 1

All the God of War games on PS3/vita are pretty quick plats, or if you don't have either of those, God of War 3 remastered. 

Some games i had fun with that were pretty easy plats

Marvel's Spiderman

Far Cry 3 Classic

Cat Quest

Sleeping Dogs

A Hat in Time

Infamous Second Son and First Light

Destroy all Humans 2

These are some relatively easy plats but fun games

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone for the tips.

@zzTROPHY_BEASTzz I agree that it is possible to get 100 in a week but my brief stated that I don't want to play games like My Name is Mayo. Been there, done that, felt a little dirty. As suggested I have a few in the bank just in case - Lara Croft go and Hitman Go come to mind.

I have played the ps3 God Of War but unfortunately lost the save/sold the game. I don't really want to buy games that have sold and played already. Marvel's Spiderman was amazing, unfortunately I already have that plat, God of War (ps4) is the same. I have found a lot of the ps2 classics are easy to plat so I will see what lights me up on the store.

@Phantochi they are good suggestions and I hope to work on them first. I am a little over Shadow of Mordor as I am playing on the PS3 and the load time are heinous. I will get back into it this week. You have done your research and suggest games that it sounds like I will like. Far Cry scares me away because of the online trophies. Do people still play Far Cry 3, 4 and New Dawn? I enjoyed Primal a lot and would like to see how the base franchise games work.

@Evil_Joker88 I just read the book series, 2034 is the second book, so that is my mistake. I will amend the title. Glad I could give you a laugh. It is Metro Last Light Redux.

I will add suggestions in again. I am getting close to the required 37 Plat games in terms of suggestions, I am on my last week of work before holidays -  a lot to do in not much time.....

Goodluck on your journey and have fun. It looks like a great list of games you already have. Maybe you might consider some more indie titles, I think there are some real gems there if they interest you.

I noticed you have played a few Skylanders, the recent game Effie reminds me alot of Skylanders, slightly more mature and without the physical toys but worth a look. Starlink is fun and would recommend Lego Dimensions, depending on if you can still get the character packs or whatever now. 

As for the Ratalaika Games, well they are what you make of them. I would disregard most of what you read on here about them. Most people play them and enjoy ragging on them later, a strange practice but whatever brings them joy. I am The Hero, Devious Dungeon and Squareboy vs Bullies are quite fun.

I think you should definitely look at Nier Automata. I am not sure if you are avoiding JRPG but if they somewhat interest you Ni No Kuni 2 base game is fantastic. 

If you are looking for different sorts of suggestions would recommend looking up the lists of some of the players on the leaderboards I find alot of interesting things via Ikemenzi, Yoda, stream_force and Ferry. All good people.

Have fun

• Like 1

Interesting, I was thinking of doing something like this too.

I actually have a similar number of platinum trophies and some of the games you want to complete are some of the games i am planning to do also.

As some already said, Telltale games are easy plats or even the Life is Strange games, and if you like the stories, it will be nice to play them.

As you talk about Jak 1, I plated recently Jak X and that is an easy game to go for if you're interested.

Best of luck, will try to do the same as you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gumby114 said:

they are good suggestions and I hope to work on them first. I am a little over Shadow of Mordor as I am playing on the PS3 and the load time are heinous. I will get back into it this week. You have done your research and suggest games that it sounds like I will like. Far Cry scares me away because of the online trophies. Do people still play Far Cry 3, 4 and New Dawn? I enjoyed Primal a lot and would like to see how the base franchise games work.

Oh no, didn't noticed you were playing Shadows of Mordor on the ps3, it looks bad and it plays bad, and the load times are definetely something else, and if you're tired of Middle Earth, you should skip Shadows of War for now, it plays pretty much the same as Shadow of Mordor, nothing new there

I would skip Far cry 4, go straight to Far cry 5 and New Dawn, those still have lots of peps playing online, and the far cry 3 pick the Classic Edition on ps4, far easier trophy list and no online/mp trophies 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 10:01 PM, Gumby114 said:

I have not heard great things about Ratalaika games but will look into them. 

Blasting Agent is a really good game, and I think probably the cheapest of the Ratalaika games. Plus you have to actually play the game to plat it.

Edited by Milktastrophe
  • Like 1

I’ll race ya to 100! I just hit #94 yesterday with Bloodborne. ? ? jk about racing haha. But good luck with your progress man, I’m also working towards the same thing.

Honestly It looks like you have a great collection of games there and some really good stuff in the backlog. I would say keep doing what you are doing! Remain focused on your goal of 100 platinums, but be mindful that you don’t become so obsessed with reaching that goal that you end up sacrificing your own enjoyment in the process.

Too many people in your situation (or mine) end up padding their numbers by stacking a bunch of garbage Ratalaika games. But reaching your goal of #100 will feel so much more special when you arrive at the destination with a trophy cabinet you can actually be proud of, and memories of 100 great games you truly enjoyed platinuming.

Good luck my friend! 

Ps - if you have a PS3, there are heaps of older games (and Ps2 remasters) that are  easy, short (in the 10-20 hour range), and super fun. Not to mention they can all be purchased for dirt cheap nowadays which will help you bag a pile of great platinums without breaking the bank.

Some of my favourites series in the above category are the old God of War series, Darksiders, Sly Cooper trilogy, Ratchet & Clank series, InFamous 1 & 2, Uncharted trilogy etc. Those games account for a good 20 or so platinums in my collection and were among some of my very favourites to play.

• Like 2

Ok, first of sorry for taking so long to reply to everyone with their suggestions.

@AffectatiousDonk I am very happy to look at JRPG's and you must know me well as I have already Platted Ni no Kuni 1 and 2. I planned them to be Plat number 20 and 30. Both very different but amazing. I was so excited when they announced number one as I am a huge Level5 fan. They have made some great games.  I will have a look at Effie. As for Ratalaika Games, I will look into them. I am looking for a cheap version on Nier Automata, I wanted to play it for a while but Girlfriend Reviews made me want to play it even more.  

@MattbluePT If you want to start your own thread post a link and I will add it into my top brief. Would love to read your progress. I have played both Life is Strange games - I want to give Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. I heard they are a similar style of games. I did not like the second Life is Strange game..... just didn't like the story. Good luck on your journey!

@Phantochi I have already purchased Shadow of War. I hear it is better now they have taken the grind out of it. But yes the PS3 version is trash! On your recommendation I purchased Far Cry New Dawn and I will buy Far Cry 5 this week. Can get both for less than $50 which is a bargain. I do like the Far Cry franchise but the online trophies have always scared me away.

@dieselmanchild I love my classics. I have already bought Jak, Jak 2, Bully, Dark Cloud 1 & 2 and plan on getting Destroy All Humans 1 & 2. This remake era we are in is my bread and butter. I am so excited for Medievil and Destroy All Humans.

Again. Thanks for the suggestions, I will add more to the top post when I get a chance.

• Like 3

Earned my first Platinum of the challenge yesterday. I have been working towards a few but wanted a quick banger. I haven't played Undertale yet and though it was a good opportunity to. I really enjoyed it...... I wont say anything about the game as I'm sure nothing I say will be new. I liked the fact that the graphics were not great but the story and writing more than made up for that.

Anyway 9/10, would play again on a genocide run. 

Le71ec5.png

Edited by Gumby114

My advice is to enjoy the ride. Don't just stack games for the hell of it or play games just because they are very easy platinums.

Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux, inFamous: Second Son, Jak 1 and Heavy Rain are all worth playing.

Heavy Rain can be done in under a day, just make sure you follow a guide for Perfect Crime as it can be easy to miss. There are at least two other trophies that will require a bit of practice to get. Overall nothing hard at all, however Ethan can be an asshole at times.

The Metro games are fairly easy to follow. Keep an eye on what gives you Moral Points, because they determine the ending you will get.

inFamous Second Son is pretty self explanatory. A fun open world game, I wish Sucker Punch would of continued with the series.

Jak 1 of course is an all time classic. I hope you're not just going to use the debug option because that's incredibly cheap unless you already played through it.

Good luck on your journey.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

My advice is to enjoy the ride. Don't just stack games for the hell of it or play games just because they are very easy platinums.

Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux, inFamous: Second Son, Jak 1 and Heavy Rain are all worth playing.

Heavy Rain can be done in under a day, just make sure you follow a guide for Perfect Crime as it can be easy to miss. There are at least two other trophies that will require a bit of practice to get. Overall nothing hard at all, however Ethan can be an asshole at times.

The Metro games are fairly easy to follow. Keep an eye on what gives you Moral Points, because they determine the ending you will get.

inFamous Second Son is pretty self explanatory. A fun open world game, I wish Sucker Punch would of continued with the series.

Jak 1 of course is an all time classic. I hope you're not just going to use the debug option because that's incredibly cheap unless you already played through it.

Good luck on your journey.

Thanks Spaz for the luck and the insight. I used debug mode for Jak 2 as it the only Jak that have played in my ps2 days. I will not debug Jak 1 or 3 as I want to play them and experience the game. They are classics after all.

I like infamous First Light - even though the arena became very tedious. Metro interests me a lot because as I stated earlier I have just finished the book series. Will be nice to play through a loose adaptation of them.

I am going to start with Detroit: Become Human. I want to start with it as Heavy Rain is most positive - finish with the best/start with the worst. I was going to play Beyond: Two Souls but on further investigation it looks annoying.

I was happy with Undertale - like is said quick banger with a great story. Win/Win in my books. I plan on making my next 36 games good games - not quick bangers. If I don't make the 100 by Christmas I will not be too worried. Just want to have a goal.

Edited by Gumby114

Platinum update:

Jak and Daxter was a fantastic little journey down the ps2 era platformer lane. Just a classic collectathon game, while not being boring or overwhelming like most games are today. Something were hidden well and I missed the dark cave on my first run through of the spider cave. I just didn't see the opening. The only complaint that I have is the inverted camera, I found it hard when all games dropped this but this day and age it took me a lot to get used to. A few cheap death because I looked it wrong direction while jumping/climbing. Overall the experience was enjoyable and I would play it again for sure.

8/10

Lacc087.png

I have made some serious progress toward Nitro-Fueled (Just Oxide to beat on hard then to finish time trials), Monster Hunter: World 9Gold Crown farming atm) and Anthem (booooooooring) the last few weeks. I have decided that Nitro-Fueled will be plat number 75 and Medievil will be magical plat 100.

Edited by Gumby114

Good luck! I have the same goal, but I'm 20 plats ahead of you with maybe a handful of easy games. I'm hoping there's a nice decent sale in the future.  It I have missed out a chance to grab a couple easy games because the price wasn't what I wanted it to be.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I last posted an update. Life has gotten in the way of trophy hunting properly. I have been travelling around Queensland (Australia) for work. It's been a great experience but it's hard to find time to game (or a t.v with HDMI/wifi) 

I have finished Far Cry New Dawn. It was OKish. Nothing new/ground breaking and the gameplay wasn't the best I have experienced. I will say this tho - if you want a first person shooter with little more than go here, kill these guys and come back - this is the game for you. I really enjoyed just relaxing on the couch after work with a beer and zoning out and shooting things. I seem down on this game but there were moments were this game was really enjoyable and interesting, some of the end game missions were the best (there was a forced stealth level - but it was fun. I don't normally like these types of missions but in this game I did, the final boss fights were bullet sponges but had some interesting ideas). It would have been better if this was spread out across the whole game - not just the last 4 or 5 missions. I didn't mind the expeditions, they can be finished in under 5 mins if you are rushing through them, and these areas had some of the better scenery in the game. Graphics were what you would expect from Far Cry and Ubisoft at this stage - beautiful and big but empty..... not dissimilar to Assassin's Creed. The sounds track was pretty good and the voice acting so/so. 

6/10 

L7ba622.png

I have started Far Cry 4 and this will probably be my next plat. I have Detroit staring me in the face as well........ 

I'm also on the same boat as you, but I only have 10 platinums left to reach my 100th, it has taken me a few years though as I care about completion and try to 100% already started games after (long) breaks and real life stuff preventing me from playing some times besides sleep taking over me when playing too late. After I'm done with Darksiders I'll play moderate short/quick plats and maybe one or two tough to earn plats before my "Snake Eaten" platinum.

Good luck on your goal, you can totally do it if you choose your games wisely. Don't listen to people who talk trash about easy plats, as long as you like/are ok with them, or your profile is well-balanced, and you are having fun, then they are worth your time. I have a few on backlog myself, mostly earned on giveaways, so it's valid to play and plat them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have finally settled into a new job 1800km away from where I was living. I had a week to uplift my life and move... I also have spent the last two weeks learning a new role. This has left very little time for anything but sleeping and the occasional hour here and there to play PlayStation. Honestly it has been a whirlwind but a great experience. Anyway, I did earn a new platinum trophy today - Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor.

This was the most painful platinum experience that I have had to date (I have the platinum for No Man's Sky!) I played this on the ps3 and this game should never have been made for this system. It is laggy, glitchy and buggy as hell. I had fight the same Warchief 4 times because he kept falling through the map. Plus the odd freeze here and there and not to mention the framerate drop in the last 3 story missions because there are so many people on the screen.

I can hate this game all night but take all of these issues out - just play on the ps4 - and this game would of been great. Story was original, gameplay ideas were fun and the nemesis system is fantastic. Unfortunately this game will forever be hot garbage in my opinion.

3/10 - don't bother on ps3

L6f249b.png

Edited by Gumby114