Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

16 minutes ago, Slava said:

Finally, a game Knuckles was designed for 😁. We need him as a guest character in the next Mortal Kombat. Or better put Shadow there and give him a fatality where he rapidly increases the concentration of lead in opponents' brains.

Shadow would absolutely rock the world of fighting games with this combo:

d2c.gif

• Like 1

Man, reading your thoughts on Sonic the Fighters was like a fever dream! 🤣 That quality of the first image somehow pulls me back to Newgrounds 2000's-esque Sonic stuff...
I vaguely remember playing it as a kid on the PS2 as part of the Sonic Gems Collection, so somehow the power of nostalgia keeps me from forgetting the janky camera... Although perhaps this is just a curse with Sonic games in general, since even the first major boss in 2022's Frontiers-- despite the great music-- suffers a REALLY janky camera too. There's one attack where you can get knocked to the edge of the arena, but the camera focuses on Sonic instead of the boss, and you can get knocked back again, akin to versing some kid in an online fighter who spams that one inescapable move like this clip (putting it in a spoiler tag so the thumbnail doesn't take up too much room... I'm also praying, therefore, that the forum update has fixed the 'spoiler tags not opening' thing... 🙃)

Spoiler

Not gonna lie, stuff like that is funny as hell, but I feel sorry for the poor guy who got locked in it! 🤣 But I digress!
I've actually tried to see if Sonic the Fighters was in my region on the PS3 store, but it appeared to be unavailable last I checked... Eh, maybe it's for the best?

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Shrooba said:

Man, reading your thoughts on Sonic the Fighters was like a fever dream! 🤣 That quality of the first image somehow pulls me back to Newgrounds 2000's-esque Sonic stuff...
I vaguely remember playing it as a kid on the PS2 as part of the Sonic Gems Collection, so somehow the power of nostalgia keeps me from forgetting the janky camera... Although perhaps this is just a curse with Sonic games in general, since even the first major boss in 2022's Frontiers-- despite the great music-- suffers a REALLY janky camera too. There's one attack where you can get knocked to the edge of the arena, but the camera focuses on Sonic instead of the boss, and you can get knocked back again, akin to versing some kid in an online fighter who spams that one inescapable move like this clip (putting it in a spoiler tag so the thumbnail doesn't take up too much room... I'm also praying, therefore, that the forum update has fixed the 'spoiler tags not opening' thing... 🙃)

Reveal hidden contents

Not gonna lie, stuff like that is funny as hell, but I feel sorry for the poor guy who got locked in it! 🤣 But I digress!
I've actually tried to see if Sonic the Fighters was in my region on the PS3 store, but it appeared to be unavailable last I checked... Eh, maybe it's for the best?

Oh man, those "forbidden techniques " that allow you to grab spam an enemy will never stop being funny 😂

As for the availability...I found the game on my NA account. Not sure if it's available anywhere else. You really need a special kind of permit to play Sonic THE Fighters

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Copanele said:

THE BATTLE HUB - THE PLACE WHERE EVERYONE SHARES THE SAME BRAINCELL

elissa-slater-big-brother.gif

Goddammit Copa, you keep drawing me in, making Fighting games sound really good...

...and I sit, reading, wistfully recalling when I lived in a place with those things... what are they called... oh yeah... "friends"...

...and casually glancing over at the pile of dust with a fight stick underneath it somewhere...

...and then I have to slap myself, and go "No! Bad brain! Remember how shit you are at these!?!? What are you thinking?!?"

Still though...

...if I was ever to try and recapture the massive amount of fun I had with SFIV....

...this does sound like it could be the one...

... If they somehow made my expensive-as-fuck fight-stick work with the PS5...

...and maybe add Sakura into this one...

...Goddammit.

...maybe...

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Still though...

...if I was ever to try and recapture the massive amount of fun I had with SFIV....

...this does sound like it could be the one...

... If they somehow made my expensive-as-fuck fight-stick work with the PS5...

...and maybe add Sakura into this one...

...Goddammit.

...maybe...

What if I told you that you CAN play this one with the actual DualNonsense5 ? 😌 and it DOES feel better compared to the old games, you don't need the sub-atomic timings that you could accomplish with a flick of a stick only!

As for Sakura...she WILL be added...eventually. Not sure WHEN, as soon as they are done with the "they're definitely supposed to be in the main roster but heck let's add them as DLC" characters. 

Maybe next season? :D 

P.S. Unlike the madness that was SF4 and SF5, this one is actually doable! If you can spin tetris blocks to infinity and beyond at pinpoint precision, I bet you can feet slap people online with Juri as well 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Copanele said:

What if I told you that you CAN play this one with the actual DualNonsense5 ? 😌 and it DOES feel better compared to the old games, you don't need the sub-atomic timings that you could accomplish with a flick of a stick only!

As for Sakura...she WILL be added...eventually. Not sure WHEN, as soon as they are done with the "they're definitely supposed to be in the main roster but heck let's add them as DLC" characters. 

Maybe next season? :D 

P.S. Unlike the madness that was SF4 and SF5, this one is actually doable! If you can spin tetris blocks to infinity and beyond at pinpoint precision, I bet you can feet slap people online with Juri as well 😂

In all seriousness, it's funny you mention Tetris, because actually, not having an "I can dip into this one for an hour every time I can't decide what to play" kind of game is feeling weird to me, and while I usually go for a Tetris or a Lumines or a Puyo Puyo kinda deal to fill that gap - and that's done the trick for years now...

...a fighting game could probably serve that purpose too....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

In all seriousness, it's funny you mention Tetris, because actually, not having an "I can dip into this one for an hour every time I can't decide what to play" kind of game is feeling weird to me, and while I usually go for a Tetris or a Lumines or a Puyo Puyo kinda deal to fill that gap - and that's done the trick for years now...

...a fighting game could probably serve that purpose too....

Absolutely! Having no mood for hardcore playtime? Eh you can throw down a couple of matches online, first to 5 with some guy from Kenya.

Or, play for 10 minutes in World Tour and give Ryu some cat ears. Why? Because you enjoy chaos. 

No need to worry about ranks, or grinds, or "if I play this one extra match I will ruin my playthrough x". Just enter, throw a hadoken, exit. Eventually, laugh at another stupid ass cosplay in Battle Hub

At least that's how I see these games right now 😂 way more chill to play them, now that the online is FINALLY stable

• Like 1

Congrats for the SF6 plat 🥳

Working hard to get it too. There are no words how much I love SF6 (even if tournaments are still not properly working) and didn't feel that since SF2. 

I was glad World Tour was not the same like in Alpha series. Not because I didn't like it, but I expected something different this time.

I was shocked too when I finally saw the "real" Sheng Long 🤣 but I hoped Damnd/Thrasher was playable too, I can see him well with Birdie's style. Season 2 maybe?

The last one of that substory was Fou-Lu from Breath of Fire 4, and shares same set with Bosch (including that unblockable annoying super move)

I really laughed in first tournament when 6/8 of opponents were members of Andore Family (the junior, the uncle, the father, the moustache one etc.)

Me too was disappointed with SF5, I wait for last update before buying it and graphics wasn't that different from SF4. V Skill weren't that bad but characters are not balanced...I mean they killed Zangief, it is one of my mains and it is nearly unplayable there.

Luckily it's not like that in SF6, in my opinion.

About Turtles' theme, I loved more the lounge jazz tune... from the smartphone you can choose your music and make a personal playlist, but unfortunately only with themes you unlocked.

I have only 3 versions of Bison's theme because of World Tour's rewards, I know some other tracks you gain them with battle pass but I refuse to buy it.

Good luck with other games 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mangio_tanto said:

Congrats for the SF6 plat 🥳

Working hard to get it too. There are no words how much I love SF6 (even if tournaments are still not properly working) and didn't feel that since SF2. 

I was glad World Tour was not the same like in Alpha series. Not because I didn't like it, but I expected something different this time.

I was shocked too when I finally saw the "real" Sheng Long 🤣 but I hoped Damnd/Thrasher was playable too, I can see him well with Birdie's style. Season 2 maybe?

The last one of that substory was Fou-Lu from Breath of Fire 4, and shares same set with Bosch (including that unblockable annoying super move)

I really laughed in first tournament when 6/8 of opponents were members of Andore Family (the junior, the uncle, the father, the moustache one etc.)

I don't think I finished that substory...should get back to Sheng Long XD there's another even harder fighter after that? DAMN!

Also the Andore Family cracked me up. Kept asking myself how many of those goobers are left 😂 finding them was a real problem.

Me too was disappointed with SF5, I wait for last update before buying it and graphics wasn't that different from SF4. V Skill weren't that bad but characters are not balanced...I mean they killed Zangief, it is one of my mains and it is nearly unplayable there.

Luckily it's not like that in SF6, in my opinion.

YES TO ZANGIEF THANK YOU!
In SF5 he was a legit punching bag, his green pimp smack was removed, his grabs had pathetic range, picking gief meant a world of hurt.

In SF6...I got to Gold 3 with him by sheer mistake. His SPDs are mad good, probably too good. And he's fun to play as!

I saw Snake Eyez playing him...damn, Zangief is a true monster in this game

About Turtles' theme, I loved more the lounge jazz tune... from the smartphone you can choose your music and make a personal playlist, but unfortunately only with themes you unlocked.

I have only 3 versions of Bison's theme because of World Tour's rewards, I know some other tracks you gain them with battle pass but I refuse to buy it.

Hah if only I knew that before...I will admit, the smartphone menu kinda defeated me. I am bad with phones in general so it really ain't a surprise that I can't use the ingame phone

Good luck with other games 

Many thanks :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Copanele said:

Shoutouts to @MissShake for having the most hilarious Jamie boy I encountered so far 😂the dance moves were funny as hell.

What are you talking about? I am the most SERIOUS Jamie player to ever have existed! proceeds to drunkenly dance and hum Jamie's theme

Anyway, congrats for this one! Maybe I'll pull myself away from Baldur's Gate 3 long enough to get this trophy list done... In like a year or so LOL

• Haha 2

On 9/8/2023 at 6:25 AM, Copanele said:

As roster, you have a lot of ladies to choose from. 8 in total, which is a lot of girls. The names are (don't laugh): Chaos, Chrome, Daisy, Ghost, Shogun, Viper, Warchild and...Wrench.

ALRIGHT GUYS MAKE SURE TO TIP YOUR WAITRESSES AND PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER AND MAKE SOME NOISE COMIN OUT TO THE STAGE IT'S SHOOOGUUUNNNN

Like you say, at least it's a game that knows exactly what it is!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, YaManSmevz said:

ALRIGHT GUYS MAKE SURE TO TIP YOUR WAITRESSES AND PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER AND MAKE SOME NOISE COMIN OUT TO THE STAGE IT'S SHOOOGUUUNNNN

Like you say, at least it's a game that knows exactly what it is!

I played many games before, but never did I have a character called Warchild lmao.

Of course, she is the military beret girl with the military bikini, army approved 😂

6 minutes ago, Hellv1n said:

Enjoyed reading through these posts and looking at your PSN Profile!  Great tastes, we enjoy similar games, hahaha!

Thanks for stopping by :D Checked your profile too, we sure have some similar games there (Nice Souls/Yakuza collection 😆 )

Checking that, it reminds me, I really need to fire up Wo Long one day..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Copanele said:

I played many games before, but never did I have a character called Warchild lmao.

Of course, she is the military beret girl with the military bikini, army approved 😂

Thanks for stopping by :D Checked your profile too, we sure have some similar games there (Nice Souls/Yakuza collection 😆 )

Checking that, it reminds me, I really need to fire up Wo Long one day..

Lol, thanks!  Damn good series they are, binged them pretty non stop.  You'd definitely appreciate Wo Long, it's not as in depth or long as Nioh but that ain't a bad thing and the deflecting mechanic is very rewarding and fun.

Truly impressed with all the fighting game plats and 100s, no easy feat.  Especially some of those online grinds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hellv1n said:

Truly impressed with all the fighting game plats and 100s, no easy feat.  Especially some of those online grinds.

Thanks thanks! Some of them were a massive pain (Battle Fantasia) and one of them was inhuman in terms of grind (Mortal Kombat 9) but yeah I like playing them, trying to get as many as I can :D 

I've missed some of them unfortunately, due to servers closing.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 11:37 AM, Copanele said:

I don't think I finished that substory...should get back to Sheng Long XD there's another even harder fighter after that? DAMN!

Also the Andore Family cracked me up. Kept asking myself how many of those goobers are left 😂 finding them was a real problem.

If you managed to reach Sheng Long I think there are 2 or 3 characters left before finishing this substory. At this point, you can do it!
Also, if you need exp you can win some tournaments that give a lot of it (and sometimes some cool accessories)

On 9/7/2023 at 11:37 AM, Copanele said:

YES TO ZANGIEF THANK YOU!

In SF5 he was a legit punching bag, his green pimp smack was removed, his grabs had pathetic range, picking gief meant a world of hurt.

In SF6...I got to Gold 3 with him by sheer mistake. His SPDs are mad good, probably too good. And he's fun to play as!

I saw Snake Eyez playing him...damn, Zangief is a true monster in this game

It was painful even reaching Ultra Silver with SF5 Gief, especially because of range. I had to give up and switch to Ryu to achieve Gold rank.
I saw that match the day later and it was legendary. He had no fear of his projectiles or traps, just going forward and hitting him the best he could.
Any Zangief winning vs JP is definitely a double victory.
SF6 Gief is stronger, but still needs a lot of patience to slowly approach the enemy, and when it happens...feels so good winning with 3 SPD.

• Like 1