Jake-In-The-Box

Platinum unobtainable? Invasions potentially ceased.

185 posts in this topic

And here goes my plan to plat all Mortal Kombat games. Oh well...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If its really true. Its very lazy from Netherrealms, at least announce stuff before hand 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Dammmmm...Impossible.

I hope your wrong.

Thanks for the info am stupidly playing this game on my alt 100% acc 

Edited by Minebwi
Gg
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see them removing one section of the online whilst keeping some active. They'd shut the servers down all together surely. Keep checking, I'm sure it will appear soon...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

I can't see them removing one section of the online whilst keeping some active. They'd shut the servers down all together surely. Keep checking, I'm sure it will appear soon...

24th of june last achiever .

I am so fuckedd

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that this is my wake up call to finish the game ASAP.. 

 

Since most of the things in the game are linked to the server, I really should get the Lvl up, Kombat Modifiers, and online trophies really soon. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been reporting this already, also i've opened an issue here : https://mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

You can also open a request too .

 

Also, i've contacted wbgames support on twitter : @WBGamesSupport

"Hello, there is no "invasion events" on Mortal Kombat X (PS4) since 24th july, it used to be every 3-4 days, could you check if something happened? :) cheers"

 

Their answer :

"Thank you for your report! I have submitted a bug report to the game team on your behalf so that they can ensure Invasion Events in MKX are working as intended."

 

Now wait and see..

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MercureUnleashed said:

I've been reporting this already, also i've opened an issue here : https://mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

You can also open a request too .

 

Also, i've contacted wbgames support on twitter : @WBGamesSupport

"Hello, there is no "invasion events" on Mortal Kombat X (PS4) since 24th july, it used to be every 3-4 days, could you check if something happened? :) cheers"

 

Their answer :

"Thank you for your report! I have submitted a bug report to the game team on your behalf so that they can ensure Invasion Events in MKX are working as intended."

 

Now wait and see..

 

Thanks :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, sadness. I hope they get it fixed... 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to start this game :(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I can't really fault Netherrealm for wanting to bring the online support for MKX to a close (the game has been out since April 2015 to be fair) so they can focus full on MK11 support, it is one hell of a dick move to not announce it first & there is no defence for that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Did a ticket as well. I completely forgot I was working on this. 😒

 

 

Found this one. It's not for support, but if WB Support doesn't want to dig, it's worth a shot.

[email protected]

 

Some links to help the cause. Spam em.

 

WB Support Request

https://mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

WB Community Forums

https://mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

 

WB Support Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/WBGamesSupport

Ed Boon Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/noobde

Netherrealm Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/NetherRealm

Edited by Sky_RykerXD
Added links
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

While I can't really fault Netherrealm for wanting to bring the online support for MKX to a close (the game has been out since April 2015 to be fair) so they can focus full on MK11 support, it is one hell of a dick move to not announce it first & there is no defence for that.

So? If the online is active and the playerbase is there does not excuse to just shut it down. SF4 is still active. Yet SSF4 on ps3, on ps4 and even SFV released. Same thing with Blazblue. The first one is still up while 5 new games released. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, the original MK9 on PS3 still has it's servers up. I can't see them shutting down these servers yet - especially not one section of it! It's obviously something that needs to be fixed and should be back working soon.... 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

Guys, the original MK9 on PS3 still has it's servers up. I can't see them shutting down these servers yet - especially not one section of it! It's obviously something that needs to be fixed and should be back working soon.... 

 

You keep saying that you don't see a company shutting down one particular part of an online experience, but there's:
 

  • Dirt 2: only the Dirtnet tournaments are shut down, the online itself remains up to this day.
  • Pretty much any daily/weekly challenge/tournament feature in an EA Sports game
  • Need for Speed The Run's autolog feature
  • GTA5 ps3's Bounty feature
  • BO2's league play feature.

All features of an online that were shut down deliberately. I obviously don't know if this problem with MK:X is deliberate or unintended, but don't let the idea of "a specific feature of the online can't be discontinued seperately" fool you. These features are viewed as much less of a priority than the main server and so when player numbers dwindle/a new installment comes out, the infrastructure behind them will become less maintained. Sucks but this has been a thing since 2008 at least, with NBA College Hoops 2K8 on XBOX.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HaserPL said:

And here goes my plan to plat all Mortal Kombat games. Oh well...

Unless you already did the Vita online trophies you're already locked out of that one

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Deathtotyrants76 said:

Unless you already did the Vita online trophies you're already locked out of that one

Don't even own Vita :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HaserPL said:

Don't even own Vita :D

I bought mk9 on Vita and when I go to start it I was very disappointed to learn the online was no longer there. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

 

You keep saying that you don't see a company shutting down one particular part of an online experience, but there's:
 

  • Dirt 2: only the Dirtnet tournaments are shut down, the online itself remains up to this day.
  • Pretty much any daily/weekly challenge/tournament feature in an EA Sports game
  • Need for Speed The Run's autolog feature
  • GTA5 ps3's Bounty feature
  • BO2's league play feature.

All features of an online that were shut down deliberately. I obviously don't know if this problem with MK:X is deliberate or unintended, but don't let the idea of "a specific feature of the online can't be discontinued seperately" fool you. These features are viewed as much less of a priority than the main server and so when player numbers dwindle/a new installment comes out, the infrastructure behind them will become less maintained. Sucks but this has been a thing since 2008 at least, with NBA College Hoops 2K8 on XBOX.

 

Oh okay, I didn't realise that! With a bit of luck it is just a problem that needs to be fixed...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

You keep saying that you don't see a company shutting down one particular part of an online experience, but there's:

You can add Splinter Cell: Blacklist to that list as well, daily and weekly challenges are gone, but the online coop should still work.

 

It's a damn shame that this is happening. I've started MK9, which still works really well, but then the sequel is busted. I'm done with MKX, but it's still sad for everyone else that still didn't. Hopefully it comes back soon, so people can finish that. I'm waiting for PVZ GW2 to be avaiable to be completed as well. Any month now...

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

You can add Splinter Cell: Blacklist to that list as well, daily and weekly challenges are gone, but the online coop should still work.

 

Funny you should say that, because that is the game I had in mind when I went to make the post, got distracted, then forgot to add it as an example 😂

 

But yeah, I have it done already but i'll send a ticket in too to try and help you guys out. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.