Platinum unobtainable? Invasion updates - see newest posts

Jake-In-The-Box

I got the "Die will you" trophy very easily using raiden's :square: :square: :triangle:(hold):triangle:(hold)combo. Just make sure not to hold the first triangle for more than a second. This way, you will teleport behind the boss wile he's doing a combo, and surely will break his armor. You can actually do this combo on any distance away from the boss, because the second triangle will still teleport you right behind him, regardless of if you hit him with previous 3 inputs. This method gave me 20-30 hits per try. Btw, I was fighting Sector. 

Edited by McAyeC10
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, POEman553 said:

EDIT: I just realized the trophy is for 1,000 total hits. So other than counting the hits per fight, there's not an easier way and it may take longer than 3 hours as the guide indicates. JFC why can't they make this sh*t easier?

Lol I was about to correct you on that. Yeah it is absurd that they would not implement a tracking feature. The only plus side is you know you scored a hit in for sure when you get a “Dealt a Blow to the Boss” message after you lost. 

I would suggest either a counter tracker app or just keep at it until it pops. 

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

You can track up to your first 250 hits. You're awarded a background for 50, 100 & 250 hits against a boss. From main menu select Extras then Offline Kombat History then press triangle to edit Kombat Card. Then scroll through to see if you have any, the Skull Rock background is awarded for 50 hits, Hit The Floor for 100 hits and Cold Funeral for 250. Not ideal but, you can gauge how long its gonna take you by how long it took to get any of those. 

Big thanks to all those who helped in the recent twitter protest, whoever you are. Especially those who made the alts to really rub it in.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, McAyeC10 said:

I got the "Die will you" trophy very easily using raiden's :square: :square: :triangle:(hold):triangle:(hold)combo. Just make sure not to hold the first triangle for more than a second. This way, you will teleport behind the boss wile he's doing a combo, and surely will break his armor. You can actually do this combo on any distance away from the boss, because the second triangle will still teleport you right behind him, regardless of if you hit him with previous 3 inputs. This method gave me 20-30 hits per try. Btw, I was fighting Sector. 

I tried doing that but I can't seem to pull off the combo without Sektor spamming away with attacks. So I'm not sure I'll get the trophy in time.

EDIT: Average match is 2 - 8 damage done while the enemy spams attacks. It's a frustrating experience. With 3 hours and 30 minutes to go, I am not sure I will get this trophy and may have an unobtainable if there is not another invasion mode anytime soon.

Edited by POEman553

It seems that the key to complete this shit is destroying his goddamn armor...But it's taking ages, definitely a couple of hours:(

This is the only trophy I'm missing and it's killing me.

Use Raiden's combo and his Xray as soon as you build it up!

EDIT:

I DID IT!

Finally got the plat:)

Edited by S_i_m_o_n_e_y
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, TF141_Pegasus said:

You guys think there will be another invasion boss fight after this one or this is the last? because i've started the combo run only today for the first time, i've done like 460 hits.. 

To answer your question, it’s a maybe. We won’t know until it happens.

Just popped the trophy. Can say I was just off my guesstimate. It popped at 7,160 Damage Dealt and I fought the boss 179 times. It took roughly 3 hours, if I factor in last night’s efforts.

If you just started now, it’s probably a lost cause unless you get really lucky and/or know good combos.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

Worked on it all day and it has not rolled over to a new invasion mode if anyone was curious.

I didn't get "Die Will You" trophy because the game loved to have the boss spam attacks and the suggestions (Jason, Raiden) didn't work and cause enough damage. Raiden would go down after about 2 attack spams and Jason dealt enough damage (therefore hits) but it wasn't enough.

Fuck everyone at NetherRealm and Fuck Ed Boon for pulling this shit of not having this mode regularly and then having absolute bs when it's up.

Yeah, I tried but wasn't able to get the "Die Will You" trophy. Oh well. This is possibly good news that they added the feature back in due to demand. Hopefully it's not just a one-off fluke. We'll find out in a week or so. Does anyone know if the 1000 hits for "Die Will You" are cumulative across different Invasions?

The last time the invasion feature broke but came back, it remained consistent for over a year before breaking again. I think you'll have other attempts at the trophies in the near future if you didn't get them all during the December 23rd invasion. However, don't celebrate yet because I do recommend people to only start this game up for the first time if a premier tower that spawns a secret fight is also available in the same week as an invasion... The secret fight is the next big feature that could break in the game unannounced so it's best to secure all invasion trophies and the Keep it Secret trophy at the same time. I made a thread detailing all the secret fight towers on the game and their requirements if anyone wants to keep track of them and let people know that one of the towers is up.

• Like 4

On 24/12/2020 at 3:05 AM, POEman553 said:

Worked on it all day and it has not rolled over to a new invasion mode if anyone was curious.

I didn't get "Die Will You" trophy because the game loved to have the boss spam attacks and the suggestions (Jason, Raiden) didn't work and cause enough damage. Raiden would go down after about 2 attack spams and Jason dealt enough damage (therefore hits) but it wasn't enough.

Fuck everyone at NetherRealm and Fuck Ed Boon for pulling this shit of not having this mode regularly and then having absolute bs when it's up.

Use Jacqui Briggs, Full Auto variation, and her Hand Cannon special move (down, foward, triangle). It's the best way to break the invasion boss' armor and deal some hits to him. If you have your metter full, if you get hit, as soon as you fall to the ground use your X-Ray move. If it connects, you're granted 15 hits more.

1 minute ago, MarcioAP1 said:

Use Jacqui Briggs, Full Auto variation, and her Hand Cannon special move (down, foward, triangle). It's the best way to break the invasion boss' armor and deal some hits to him. If you have your metter full, if you get hit, as soon as you fall to the ground use your X-Ray move. If it connects, you're granted 15 hits more.

Thanks, it doesn't help me now, but thanks anyway.

There is invasion going on, couple of advices:

Before starting working on trophies go to fraction page and see invasion screen, once you go back to menu you will get notification about invasion (for some reason I don't see it after game loading).

Go to living towers and play hourly tower to trigger 1 vs 1 assasin fight.

Then go to fraction - invasion tower and just beat it.

Once you beat tower go to invasion boss and..here is grindy part.

Today invasion is Kun Lao, pick up raiden and do his square,square,triangle hold, traingle hold move. Enemy AI is easy to manipulate, so when annoncer says "ROUND 1" hold left and right after your character takes 2 steps back start combo, this works 75% of a times to make few hits. Then, its kinda luck based but if you spend time learning boss moves you see it always reacts pretty much with same moves, depending on your position and how far away you from him.

Don't forget about Xray tho

I've done 1000 hits in 2 hours.

And btw, there is no universal tactics for every invasion boss, just learn his moves and pick right character.

Even if you don't break boss armor, you still get hits counted.

Good luck.

Edited by guy who says bruh
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, guy who says bruh said:

There is invasion going on, couple of advices:

Before starting working on trophies go to fraction page and see invasion screen, once you go back to menu you will get notification about invasion (for some reason I don't see it after game loading).

Go to living towers and play hourly tower to trigger 1 vs 1 assasin fight.

Then go to fraction - invasion tower and just beat it.

Once you beat tower go to invasion boss and..here is grindy part.

Today invasion is Kun Lao, pick up raiden and do his square,square,triangle hold, traingle hold move. Enemy AI is easy to manipulate, so when annoncer says "ROUND 1" hold left and right after your character takes 2 steps back start combo, this works 75% of a times to make few hits. Then, its kinda luck based but if you spend time learning boss moves you see it always reacts pretty much with same moves, depending on your position and how far away you from him.

Don't forget about Xray tho

I've done 1000 hits in 2 hours.

And btw, there is no universal tactics for every invasion boss, just learn his moves and pick right character.

Even if you don't break boss armor, you still get hits counted.

Good luck.

So you don't have to break armor for hits to count?

I haven't broken its armor yet, guide says only hits when armor break happens counts

1 hour ago, TF141_Pegasus said:

Yeah you have to break the armor but the secret is to activate the combo sequence with a character who do at least 15+ hits. 

I actually followed the method listed on pstrophies, Liu Kang's parry and Xray Skill is how I got it