ABC of Unstarted Games 2020 (Sign-Ups Closed)

Another platinum, another update.
This time Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception, really cool Visual novel combined with tactical missions (something like XCom). Still story didn't catch me and after about 3 hours of leaving I gave up and skipped story until the fights. This made a plat much faster.
Witcher 3 is still in progress, about 50 hours in already and just done with Gwent cards, the rest is piece of cake.

Alice Madness Returns (PS3)
Bayonetta (PS3)
Caladrius Blaze (PS4)
Deus Ex MD (PS4)
Everybody's Gone to Rapture (PS4)
Final Fantasy X2 (PS4)
God Eater (Vita)
Hollow Knight (PS4)
Infamous (PS3) :platinum:
Jak 2 (PS4)
K-(SWAPx2) The Surge (PS4) + Infamous 2 (PS3)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS4)
Metro 2033 Redux (PS4)
Nioh 2 (PS4)
Onimusha Warlords (PS4)
Papers, Please (Vita) - 100%
Q-(SWAP) Danganronpa V3 (Vita)
Resonance of Fate (PS3)
Sleeping Dogs (PS4)
Thronebreaker Witcher Tales (PS4)
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (Vita) :platinum:
Vanquish (PS4)
Witcher 3 (PS4)
XCom 2 (PS4)
Yakuza 4 (PS4)
Zero Escape (Vita)
  • Like 3

Weekly update:

As I was suspecting last weekend, this time I didn't get any new plats, or games completed. Said that, I'm close to finish MHA, so, next weekend, I will at least clear the M. 

Other than that, I didn't played much for this event (trying to finish Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN, get FF8 plat ready, returned to Rainbow Skies to clean up, and watched EVO Japan..). 

• Like 2

Update Week 4

My first weekly update. I know I just started but I wanted to get going as I have finished my list. Regarding the list, I have noticed that I already had one trophy of 198X, so I have swapped it out with one of my back up title: Battle Chasers: Nightwar.

I have started my journey with on the past weekend with Crash Bandicoot. I was super excited to get my hands on nice jump-and run and I was not disappointed. It took sometime to get all the jump timings right, since I never played a crash game but I'm getting better now. I got through a fair few levels and made it to 6% completion. I look forward to more time with the sassy bandicoot.

The second game I started was Spider-Man. And oh my god it is so much fun just moving through the city. and the combat feels nicely dynamic and flowing without robing you of a feeling of having control about what you are doing. I'm doing a somewhat casual playthrough on normal at the moment without looking anything up in particular and just playing as I naturally play, which is what I always tend to do when I play a game the first time. For me that does mean thoroughly exploring the word and doing all activities and  side missions, but not necessarily with an eye on trophies. I will have a look at what trophies are left after and then play for them more directly. I so far got up 10% and am super excited to continue.

Spoiler

A Assassins Creed Brotherhood (PS3)
B Bioshock (PS4) (?)
C Crash Bandicoot (PS4) => 6%
D Darksiders Warmastered Edition (PS4)
E Everybody's gone to the Rapture(PS4)
F Firewatch
G God of War II (PS3)
H Heavy Rain (PS4)
I Inside (PS4)
J Jedi: Fallen Order (PS4)
K <=> Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)
L Life is Strange 2 (PS4)
M Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4) => 10%
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)
O Okami (PS4)
P Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PS4)
Q <=> Battle Chasers: Nightwar (PS4)

+ Deponia (PS4)
Rime (PS4)
S Spyro the Dragon (PS4)
T The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
U Undertale (PS4)
V Vampyr
W (the) Witcher 3 (PS4)
X <=> Little Nightmares (PS4)

+ Hue (PS4)
Y Yakuza 0 (PS4)
Z <=> Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (PS4)

+ Soma(PS4)

Back Ups:

Battle Chasers: Nightwar (PS4)

TombRaider (PS4)

Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4)

• Like 3

F1 2017 is taking much longer to finish up than I anticipated, so I have still yet to make a solid start on my list.. Oops! ?

10 hours ago, piualan90 said:

Finally starting this one, also decide to change my R to Rocksmith, since I dont have much time to play music or games anymore, I can do both, so yeah. 

Sorry, as it was not declared as a backup - you can't since you've declared a list past the event start date. Please revert back to Ratchet & Clank (PS4).

• Like 2

Still distracted by MHW, so haven't made a lot of progress. I did finish Infamous and I started Infamous 2, but I already felt burned out after those 2 playthroughs so I don't know if I'll manage to play and finish it just yet. I might just get the online trophies out of the way and switch over to something else. The same will probably happen with Fallout, cause I intend to finish 3 before I start New Vegas.

I hope to finish up Papers, Please this week and I might look into doing a few of the shorter games I have on my list.

Letters finished: H, T

• Like 2

Almost-the-end-of-the-month update: I've barely made any progress since the first week! >_<

The only game I've completed remains as Atari Flashback Classics Vol. 1.

I have, however, started Hitman and made some decent progress (got the trophies for the prologue episode, which is the base game trophies, and two more episodes (out of 6), along with one of the three bonus episodes). And I've got the online trophies done for Batman: Arkham Origins at least so I don't need to worry about those - haven't done much in the main game so far though. But I'll get to it.

I've mainly been using this month to try and clear the remainder of the games I had left from 2019, though I've still got more to do on that. But I don't like starting too many new games when older ones are still incomplete, so they've been getting my priority.

And because my next plat is a milestone, I had been waiting for Mercenaries Wings to arrive from LRG so that I could use that as the milestone plat - it's here now and I'm working on it, though I've still got a ways to go. Once that's out the way, I can plat games more freely, so I'll hopefully make better progress from next month, and try and clear some of the quicker games on my list so I feel as though I've made some progress...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, iXanon said:

Sorry, as it was not declared as a backup - you can't since you've declared a list past the event start date. Please revert back to Ratchet & Clank (PS4).

Got it, thought I have time to change it until I start the event, no problem back to Ratchet it is. 

8 hours ago, Kristycism said:

And I've got the online trophies done for Batman: Arkham Origins at least so I don't need to worry about those - haven't done much in the main game so far though. But I'll get to it.

Did you have any issues connecting at all? I know the online is meant to be shut down, and people are earning trophies, but I've been trying to connect and I get an Error 160. Are there better times to do it than others? I'm just wondering is all because I've been sitting on it unstarted but if it's possible to get the trophies for online still I'd love to have the platinum for this one too.

1 hour ago, igs63 said:

Did you have any issues connecting at all? I know the online is meant to be shut down, and people are earning trophies, but I've been trying to connect and I get an Error 160. Are there better times to do it than others? I'm just wondering is all because I've been sitting on it unstarted but if it's possible to get the trophies for online still I'd love to have the platinum for this one too.

I believe you can't do normal searching anymore. You have to open/be invited to a custom game, I believe. It means the only way to do it is with a pre-established group, but those trophies are specific enough that I don't see any other way to do it anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, igs63 said:

I don't think that it degraded further, but when I boosted, it would randomly stop working (people getting connection errors), and when that happened, we would simply gave up for the day (the first time we continued to try for a while, a few were able to play, others weren't). 

All this cases happened during EXP boost, the main boost (Predator, and thr the other trophies that require 4+ players), we more smooth on where connection is concerned. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, igs63 said:

Thanks @SpaceCoresDad and @Han_the_Dragon, I just kept trying to connect and finally it let me in. Of course I understand at this stage I won't be able to just land in a match haha, so I've started looking for boosting groups, thanks for the info :)

Yeah, me and my boosting partners had this issue constantly - it would never connect on the first attempt. Usually the second attempt would connect for all of us, but sometimes it took more.

It does connect eventually though. But sometimes during a boosting session we’d all get kicked and would struggle to reconnect, so we’d just end the session for that day.

As for times, we were all in the UK, but we didn’t have a set boosting time, it was mostly a “when we’re all free” kind of thing. But it was always between 10am - 10pm UTC, and we’d suffer less connection issues when we connected early-midday than later on.

All in all, it’s still possible to do the online, but it’s a pain. So if you go for it, make sure you find reliable boosting partners who aren’t going to be annoyed by the constant connection issues and decide to just give up and drop it. The trophies themselves aren’t bad if you can put up with the connection errors, though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kristycism said:

Yeah, me and my boosting partners had this issue constantly - it would never connect on the first attempt. Usually the second attempt would connect for all of us, but sometimes it took more.

It does connect eventually though. But sometimes during a boosting session we’d all get kicked and would struggle to reconnect, so we’d just end the session for that day.

As for times, we were all in the UK, but we didn’t have a set boosting time, it was mostly a “when we’re all free” kind of thing. But it was always between 10am - 10pm UTC, and we’d suffer less connection issues when we connected early-midday than later on.

All in all, it’s still possible to do the online, but it’s a pain. So if you go for it, make sure you find reliable boosting partners who aren’t going to be annoyed by the constant connection issues and decide to just give up and drop it. The trophies themselves aren’t bad if you can put up with the connection errors, though.

Sounds like fun, haha. Thanks for the response! I think I'll give it a go, otherwise I'll probably wonder if I never try.

41 minutes ago, lordshiran said:

I don't have many games.

Can use games that I have played but abandoned with less then 10% (few with more) completion?

Sorry, but no - @MidnightDragon will be running a Spring 2020 Backlog Challenge that will cater for those, I believe sign-ups will open on Saturday :)

• Like 3