Grand Kingdom Server Shutdown

Walt the Dog

5 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

They're out in droves now. I gave up doing War to get skill mastery because every 2 fights were level 99s who would have 2 turns before I could do anything. People know the game is shutting down and people will be trying to level, so they're sending out troll squads to slow others down. It became quicker to just fight monsters in travel to earn skill mastery than doing War. I wouldn't mind if you could just forfeit or speed the fight up, but these groups are annoying as hell because they spend 2-3 minutes buffing, then wipe you out, then you wait another minute to redeploy.

If you hire the level 99 Paladins even those troll squads go down quickly. It's also worth sticking Death March on a unit and keeping them at the back of the formation. That way you can get out quickly if it seems too crazy.

But with the Sallypally hire, another level 99 hire, and my two level 99 units I've been able to handle most fights in a turn or two. Only the most overleveled squads with like all 99 stat Dragon Mages have been an issue. but those have been rare. 

A heads up in case anyone is using my unit: my contract with Landerth has expired and I've changed my allegiance to another nation to check if I can get a flag the next day.

16 hours ago, flashpool23 said:

Is there an area where the slimes are most common? I might just be unlucky but all the slimes I've encountered are the ones that don't eat you.

The most common I found are some of the later Uldein story missions, those have lots of black slimes. There are a few travel quests that also have slimes, but I can't remember which ones. Also, don't waste your time with blue slimes. AFAIK those don't eat units.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

39 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

A heads up in case anyone is using my unit: my contract with Landerth has expired and I've changed my allegiance to another nation to check if I can get a flag the next day.

Could you move it to Fiel possibly one day so we could take advantage of it and powerlevel?

Don't know if it's a coincidence, but lately I'm seeing lots of squads using the offline flags and DLC flags. If people are worried about flags being stolen, there's no need as that won't lower your flag count. Others simply obtain a duplicate.

53 minutes ago, I3rand0 said:

Could you move it to Fiel possibly one day so we could take advantage of it and powerlevel?

Sure, I could do that one day.

• Like 1

I noticed that when I went to another nation that I wasnt contacted to report my quest progress I wasn't allowed to see the ruler. That made me wonder, once servers go down does that mean we will no longer be able to meet the rulers?

I know that doesnt really affect gameplay or trophies, but I've kinda gotten used to having rulers praise or admonish on my quest progress. ?

3 minutes ago, darkalphar said:

I noticed that when I went to another nation that I wasnt contacted to report my quest progress I wasn't allowed to see the ruler. That made me wonder, once servers go down does that mean we will no longer be able to meet the rulers?

I know that doesnt really affect gameplay or trophies, but I've kinda gotten used to having rulers praise or admonish on my quest progress. 1f606.png

I would say yes. If you don't have a contract with a nation, you won't be able to meet the rulers until you have one established. If the contract continues indefinitely due to the War section being offline, you won't be able to get out unless you manually cancel the contract (spending 1500 G for that unless it goes higher). For the lack of a better term, it's their 'offline mode.' 

7 minutes ago, darkalphar said:

I know that doesnt really affect gameplay or trophies, but I've kinda gotten used to having rulers praise or admonish on my quest progress. ?

Most likely, yeah.

2 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I would say yes. If you don't have a contract with a nation, you won't be able to meet the rulers until you have one established. If the contract continues indefinitely due to the War section being offline, you won't be able to get out unless you manually cancel the contract (spending 1500 G for that unless it goes higher). For the lack of a better term, it's their 'offline mode.' 

It does go higher. I can cancel a 5-day contract for 584k gold, which is almost a third of what I have.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Could a thread follower confirm whether or not they popped Flag Collector with a combination of DLC flags, and flags dropped from the base game? This is because Google translate of the Japanese wiki contains an ominous "DLC flag is not covered" in their explanation for the trophy.

I made around two hundred quest refreshes as a test this evening, and I've become to believe it's not possible to get more than the 8 guaranteed flags from the offline mode. This means if you haven't achieved Flag Collector yet, your sole purpose currently is to hire the Fiel powerlevel Paladin and farm as many fights.

No trophy guide says so, but it seems this is indeed an online trophy and the game will become unachievable come October 1st, unless you already have enough squad flags from War mode.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ars said:

Could a thread follower confirm whether or not they popped Flag Collector with a combination of DLC flags, and flags dropped from the base game? This is because Google translate of the Japanese wiki contains an ominous "DLC flag is not covered" in their explanation for the trophy.

I made around two hundred quest refreshes as a test this evening, and I've become to believe it's not possible to get more than the 8 guaranteed flags from the offline mode. This means if you haven't achieved Flag Collector yet, your sole purpose currently is to hire the Fiel powerlevel Paladin and farm as many fights.

No trophy guide says so, but it seems this is indeed an online trophy and the game will become unachievable come October 1st, unless you already have enough squad flags from War mode.

I popped Flag Collector (US region copy) with DLC flags and flags dropped from the base game earlier this week. I'm not sure from the Japanese copy, which given the length of time between now and 9/30 (10/01) may not be possible to obtain. 

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 1

That's some good news at least, thank you Poe :)

I was also able to get Orb of Training as a Single mode quest reward consistently every few quest refreshes, which proves farming Mastery in War mode isn't an essential exercise considering a properly built Troop leader will allow you to get a character fully skill unlocked in fifteen minutes using the offline Single mode powerlevel method. Then it's just a matter of equipping the skills you want and getting them Mastery 1 in Travel mode.

Edited by ars

So I have 15 flags from online mode and have powerleveled 6 characters to level 99. Is there anything else I should worry about when it comes to the online mode?

Edit: is there a specific type of unit besides Paladin and Valkyrie I should try power level before in the online mode is over?

Edited by Wavergray

3 minutes ago, Wavergray said:

So I have 15 flags from online mode and have powerleveled 6 characters to level 99. Is there anything else I should worry about when it comes to the online mode?

Edit: is there a specific type of unit besides Paladin and Valkyrie I should try power level before in the online mode is over?

Blacksmith, Rogue, Challenger, and Shaman are needed for a trophy, but those don't need to be lvl 99. Besides that, you could work on Skill Completiniost by earning mastery for support skills to create a gran grimoire and leveling up multiple units of the same class to get all attack skills.

3 hours ago, POEman553 said:

I popped Flag Collector (US region copy) with DLC flags and flags dropped from the base game earlier this week.

Yeah, same. Popped right at 20. I have 30 now, so I could have saved my $7, but I was worried that the DLC might get delisted and didn't want to risk it.

I imagine people are worried/stressed about the servers closing or annoyed at the game's grinds. So, in order to liven things up a bit and ease the grinding, I propose the following challenge: fight Magion today during the online wars and try to win as many fights as possible. That way, you may encounter Magion's Hero.

The people who manage to defeat them will obtain a Hero weapon. Simply post a screenshot with the weapon in your inventory (select the weapon so that it shows the hero's name) or better yet, a video that shows the epic battle and the weapon you've obtained. You'll know you're fighting the hero if the banner at the start of the fight says "Hero". The weapon you'll obtain after winning the fight starts with the word "King's"

You may be asking "Why should I do that?". Well, hopefully to relieve you of some worries/stress, make you more motivated to take on the policy point/leveling/skill mastery/flag grinds, you'll obtain one of the top tier weapons, and I'll even throw in a custom trophy that contains your favourite nation's symbol and your favourite unit. So, go out there and crush Magion... which only seems possible for those who have a contract with Fiel. The deadline for this is until today's war ends.

Good luck, happy hunting, and you may want to bring 6 units with you when attempting to fight Magion's Hero :ninja: .

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I was the Hero of Fiel a couple of days ago thanks to some crazy grinding. Does that go away after the new Hero is chosen? I'm sending my Rogue with the King's Dagger out with some low level units to give people a chance to win it. And I changed from Fiel to Landerth so that might affect Hero status as well.

Finally got the plat after spending most of my free time grinding last week. Wish I had put more time into this game when it came out. Good luck to everyone still going for it!

3 hours ago, Wavergray said:

Just leveling up characters to see what skills they can get for Skill Collector. 

Also not as huge of a deal, but many of the Policy Point requirements use War mode. Like sending a detachment x number of times, attacking fortresses, etc. They can be refreshed and changed though. Still, you might be able to knock a few quick ones out while War mode is still running.

2 minutes ago, Static_Rook said:

I was the Hero of Fiel a couple of days ago thanks to some crazy grinding. Does that go away after the new Hero is chosen? I'm sending my Rogue with the King's Dagger out with some low level units to give people a chance to win it. And I changed from Fiel to Landerth so that might affect Hero status as well.

Yeah, Hero status only lasts the day after you become a Hero. Once the new war ends, four new heroes are chosen. 

Just now, Static_Rook said:

Ah, bummer. Oh well. At least I can say I did it once before the shutdown.

If you want a memento, go to the Information section. I believe you need to go to Ranking, choose the war where you became a Hero, press :r1: , and you'll see an overview of the 4 heroes. You can take a screenshot of that. IIRC the last 7-8 war rankings are saved.

12 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

The most common I found are some of the later Uldein story missions, those have lots of black slimes. There are a few travel quests that also have slimes, but I can't remember which ones. Also, don't waste your time with blue slimes. AFAIK those don't eat units.

Yeah I just got it on a travel quest to Tiore from a red slime that was part of a bounty group called Gel Meister which had more than one slime. I assume it's guaranteed there since it's a bounty as long as you let it eat you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flashpool23 said:

Yeah I just got it on a travel quest to Tiore from a red slime that was part of a bounty group called Gel Meister which had more than one slime. I assume it's guaranteed there since it's a bounty as long as you let it eat you.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the slime bounty. I'll add that to the guide.

8 hours ago, ars said:

The japanese player pool is obviously different, so searching for the Fiel Paladins render nothing.

Are there any tips on how they were found in the WW version in the first place?

Would love to find some OP characteres to grind War in the JP to get this 60 flag trophy (dunno how achievable it is in one week, but it's top priority at the moment over continuing grinding in WW where I already have the flag trophy and short sights) 

@Dragon-Archon I managed to beat Magion's Hero and get the weapon, it took two Overspins and a couple of hits from my Blacksmith.  Your own Blacksmith finished off your Valkyrie, which I thought was funny.  

Kings_Spike.png?width=400&height=227

Inventory.png?width=400&height=227

Pictures showing the weapon I won at the end of the fight, and then with it in my inventory showing the Hero I won it off :D  It was a fun challenge and gave me something fun to work on whilst going for Policy Points.  Next plan is to try and become Fiel's Hero

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

@Dragon-Archon I managed to beat Magion's Hero and get the weapon, it took two Overspins and a couple of hits from my Blacksmith.  Your own Blacksmith finished off your Valkyrie, which I thought was funny.  

Kings_Spike.png?width=400&height=227

Inventory.png?width=400&height=227

Pictures showing the weapon I won at the end of the fight, and then with it in my inventory showing the Hero I won it off :D  It was a fun challenge and gave me something fun to work on whilst going for Policy Points.  Next plan is to try and become Fiel's Hero

Awesome, congrats :yay: . Sounds like I should punish the Blacksmith for not being able to distinguish friend from foe.

Which nation and class do you want on your trophy?

6 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

The japanese player pool is obviously different, so searching for the Fiel Paladins render nothing.

Are there any tips on how they were found in the WW version in the first place?

Would love to find some OP characteres to grind War in the JP to get this 60 flag trophy (dunno how achievable it is in one week, but it's top priority at the moment over continuing grinding in WW where I already have the flag trophy and short sights) 

Quite simply the people affiliated with GameFAQs forums and the English GK wiki built one up and told everyone, so it was never more than a community thing. For GK wiki the Fiel system creators made a fully fledged instruction page (link).

I don't speak Japanese so I have no idea whether the game has a community around it, or where that community is. I'd reccon if there is such a OP character it would be talked about there. When the game came out in the West people got their information mainly from the Japanese wiki (link). However the wiki seems to strictly focus on game mechanics from what Google Translate tells me.

I joined Lillia's Guild Discord (the invite is in link) who made the Western powerlevel system to ask about this. They probably know a bunch of things we don't.

Edit: So, according to Satorin by his understanding no JP user has ever reported of having created or used such a system. There's an added detail Pallies were DLC originally so in order to make something similar, the character hosting players would have to be DLC users on top of everything else. So his advice was doing pretty much the classic, buy double Scars and scramble for level 51 (which goes very fast doing the Single mode powerlevel method)...

Edited by ars