Grand Kingdom Server Shutdown

Walt the Dog

2 hours ago, IDiivil said:

You can do both the 20K and 99 combo easily with the Fiel lvl99 paladin, most likely at the same time. I managed a 48K damage combo with like 150+ hits (it stopped counting after 99 but yeah) when I actually tried to go for the 99 combo, and I got the 20K damage several times without trying while just farming in war.

You'll need chase zone for the 99 combo but basically all you have to do is set up some kind of crap obstacle in your front line. Personally I just had a catapult, but having more little objects would obviously yield even better results. After that you'll just need an enemy setup that has a few melee units that'll mob the paladin and a single range unit that stays behind so the combat doesn't end after the first overspin. Alternatively a tanky lvl99 team will do too.

Once you find a suitable candidate, you just park the lvl99 paladin in front of your obstacle barrier or catapult and park all your other characters behind him in overspin range. That'll give you like 4+ targets already, more if you use multiple obstacles. Pop chase zone and then spin to win. As long as you can get two overspins off on like 5 or 6 targets, it's pretty much guaranteed to be 20k damage and over 50 combo, which will then be doubled by chase zone.

It shouldn't take too long to get this going, and you can basically do it while doing war to level up characters or whatever.

OK, I will give this a try. 

I actually got the 20k damage trophy with that Paladin (I was getting 10-15k from enemies alone, so, I decided to kill my units too). I put all my units, the 2nd hire and let 2 enemy units get close, with that I got 30k damage and 49 hit combo, without other skills.. Now from what you said, I think that I could have got the 99+ hit combo on the same setup if I had used Chase Zone.. 

9 hours ago, IDiivil said:

You can do both the 20K and 99 combo easily with the Fiel lvl99 paladin, most likely at the same time. I managed a 48K damage combo with like 150+ hits (it stopped counting after 99 but yeah) when I actually tried to go for the 99 combo, and I got the 20K damage several times without trying while just farming in war.

You'll need chase zone for the 99 combo but basically all you have to do is set up some kind of crap obstacle in your front line. Personally I just had a catapult, but having more little objects would obviously yield even better results. After that you'll just need an enemy setup that has a few melee units that'll mob the paladin and a single range unit that stays behind so the combat doesn't end after the first overspin. Alternatively a tanky lvl99 team will do too.

Once you find a suitable candidate, you just park the lvl99 paladin in front of your obstacle barrier or catapult and park all your other characters behind him in overspin range. That'll give you like 4+ targets already, more if you use multiple obstacles. Pop chase zone and then spin to win. As long as you can get two overspins off on like 5 or 6 targets, it's pretty much guaranteed to be 20k damage and over 50 combo, which will then be doubled by chase zone.

It shouldn't take too long to get this going, and you can basically do it while doing war to level up characters or whatever.

Thanks. This worked great and got me both trophies. Everyone should try to do this before the servers go down.
Also everyone should know that there is a level 99 paladin for each nation, so you can do this even if you are not contracted with Fiel.

Endgame Paladin System.
Used to help Level 99 players grind new Level 1's for skills or for their own war clearing

• Magion - Captain = Drin // Search tag = Anxiety // Squad Name: Lunaris
  • Fiel - Comment = "Fiel the Cute"
  • Landerth - Level 99 // Tag = Ponies // Squad Name = Equestria // Captain: Cyron
  • Valkyr - Squad Name = Octavians // Captain = Eiago // Paladin name = Stephen

Sorry for suddenly going MIA, someone I know suddenly got hospitalized and I've been busy with that these past few days.

On 9/26/2019 at 9:06 PM, Han_the_Dragon said:

@Dragon-Archon Where will be your Valkyre on Saturday or Sunday?

I'm still on Fiel today and tomorrow I likely won't be able to play online, so my only option to take advantage of her for the 99 combo and 20k damage is during the weekend. 

So far I got a few units to lvl99 ( including my initial Paladin, that learned over spin), but the stats are crap.. 

I will lvl up the other units needed for the trophies, since it's unlikely for me to get Rank S and a few min-max units before the server closure.. 

I think my Magion contract has expired by now, so I'll make one with Fiel next. I'll let you know when it's done.

Endgame Paladin System.
Used to help Level 99 players grind new Level 1's for skills or for their own war clearing

• Magion - Captain = Drin // Search tag = Anxiety // Squad Name: Lunaris
  • Fiel - Comment = "Fiel the Cute"
  • Landerth - Level 99 // Tag = Ponies // Squad Name = Equestria // Captain: Cyron
  • Valkyr - Squad Name = Octavians // Captain = Eiago // Paladin name = Stephen

Actually the Magion pally doesn't have Experience as Field Skill nor Overspin.

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Sorry for suddenly going MIA, someone I know suddenly got hospitalized and I've been busy with that these past few days.

I think my Magion contract has expired by now, so I'll make one with Fiel next. I'll let you know when it's done.

No worries, we know things happen. 

Thanks, then I will stay on Fiel. 

Well, about 30 minutes left until the end of the final War on my side. Don't think I'll be doing anything else at this point, too tired to go for more combat. Probably will just use the ceasefire to shop with Royals for the last time, if it allows me. 

Not so much on units side (decent aptitudes Valkyrie and Paladin took a long time to show up as hires, so I only have them around lvl 40ish) but at least RNGesus blessed me with flags -  I've been swimming in them, have 14, soon to be 15 if I will actually get one more post-war flag, so no DLC will be needed. Small mercies.

Is there a way to get damage trophies out of the way relatively hassle / convoluted setup-free offline? Will need to look it up...

Edited by NetEntity

So, not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but skills gain exp even if you retreat. So getting into combat and immediately retreating is likely the fastest way to skill up. Unfortunately this is very boring.

Given which trophies I have left, this may actually be a viable technique, though. Especially once war is gone.

Edited by RNumbers

That jump from 100 to 200 hours is legit. I tried to do a few things outside of war or campaign stuff and it's just too slow. I had to level up about 30  people to 99 just to get the skills.i needed and it was about an hour each with war. Without it, that is easily 2 to 3 times more. Focus on one class to be the one to get all skills and then level up all the same of that class to get all the skills needed from that class, then the other classes to get the other support skills needed. The flags will come with it.

Edited by JNSpradlin

58 minutes ago, JNSpradlin said:

That jump from 100 to 200 hours is legit. I tried to do a few things outside of war or campaign stuff and it's just too slow. I had to level up about 30  people to 99 just to get the skills.i needed and it was about an hour each with war. Without it, that is easily 2 to 3 times more. Focus on one class to be the one to get all skills and then level up all the same of that class to get all the skills needed from that class, then the other classes to get the other support skills needed. The flags will come with it.

Wait, now come you need to level up to 99 for the skills? If you use Peroxyne, you can easily get a skill mastery to level 1 in a short amount of time for class skills. Then you can farm Orbs of Training offline via Hidden Treasure quests. It seems faster to farm orbs rather than grind each skill to level 3, especially in the case of Support Skills which can't be boosted by peroxyne

Edited by minh2t
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NetEntity said:

Is there a way to get damage trophies out of the way relatively hassle / convoluted setup-free offline? Will need to look it up...

You can go to Travel with a MAG 99 Wizard with Big Bang and as many +dmg for it's damage type pyroxenes equipped, find a 5-6 monster enemy who don't have too many ranged attackers, block all three front lanes with your other characters and let Big Bang charge. You can let the danger area hit your own characters too "to be sure". Once Big Bang goes off, everything will be flattened for at least 4-6k dmg per target hit.

5 hours ago, minh2t said:

Wait, now come you need to level up to 99 for the skills? If you use Peroxyne, you can easily get a skill mastery to level 1 in a short amount of time for class skills. Then you can farm Orbs of Training offline via Hidden Treasure quests. It seems faster to farm orbs rather than grind each skill to level 3, especially in the case of Support Skills which can't be boosted by peroxyne

I'm not buying his math either. You can get an Orb of Training in around five-ten minutes simply refreshing Single mode quests and doing the one that rewards it, and it takes a similar amount of time to level up to three lv0 characters to 50+ using the Single mode Defense quest method. All skills are unlocked at level 50.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ars said:

You can go to Travel with a MAG 99 Wizard with Big Bang and as many +dmg for it's damage type pyroxenes equipped, find a 5-6 monster enemy who don't have too many ranged attackers, block all three front lanes with your other characters and let Big Bang charge. You can let the danger area hit your own characters too "to be sure". Once Big Bang goes off, everything will be flattened for at least 4-6k dmg per target hit.

I'm not buying his math either. You can get an Orb of Training in around five-ten minutes simply refreshing Single mode quests and doing the one that rewards it, and it takes a similar amount of time to level up to three lv0 characters to 50+ using the Single mode Defense quest method. All skills are unlocked at level 50.

Leveling up someone to have the skill needed then leveling the skill to 1 takes a long time to be able to use the orb of training. Orbs of training are not hard to get but you need a lot of them.

Edited by JNSpradlin

1 hour ago, JNSpradlin said:

Leveling up someone to have the skill needed then leveling the skill to 1 takes a long time to be able to use the orb of training. Orbs of training are not hard to get but you need a lot of them.

It's faster than leveling Mastery 3 in War mode. The debate is irrelevant since that's the way you're doing it from now on :)

Edit: Did a quick test. Worst case scenario takes 10 minutes for the Orb, 10 minutes to get character lv 50, then escaping battle in Travel takes less than a minute, and you need to do it 50 times to get a total of 1000 xp in Support Skills gaining Mastery 1 in all of them. Is this fun? Nope. War is infinitely more entertaining. But that's not really the argument is it.

Feel free to test how long it takes to farm character level to 50 and gain Mastery 3 on them in War mode. I already know the answer but I'm not sure you do. You have little over a day to grind it to the fullest :)

Edited by ars

Got "Short Sights"! Yaaayyy  Lol

Curiously I havent used paladins or valkyries for any trophy so far! But  this morning I started growing a valkyre named Penelope Haha So, for the 99hit combo trophy any valkyre at max lvl would do the job? I already have a lvl 99 witch with Chase Down. Im not in the mood to mess up with class up...

Ps.: not risking even a 1 day contract to hire a valkyre now.

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

Got "Short Sights"! Yaaayyy  Lol

Curiously I havent used paladins or valkyries for any trophy so far! But  this morning I started growing a valkyre named Penelope Haha So, for the 99hit combo trophy any valkyre at max lvl would do the job? I already have a lvl 99 witch with Chase Down. Im not in the mood to mess up with class up...

Just for the 99 hit combo you only need to get Combo Boost, Cost Down, Spark Lance and Assault Dive that are unlocked by level 47. Then set up your formation so your other 3 teammates are in a line as far left as you can place them and keep ending turn a few times to build up action/movement gauge then alternate Spark Lance/Assault Dive. If My memory serves with full bars you end up with a 99 combo and a few skill uses extra to spare.

Edited by Obscure_Ale
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Obscure_Ale said:

Just for the 99 hit combo you only need to get Combo Boost, Cost Down, Spark Lance and Assault Dive that are unlocked by level 47. Then set up your formation so your other 3 teammates are in a line as far left as you can place them and keep ending turn a few times to build up action/movement gauge then alternate Spark Lance/Assault Dive. If My memory serves with full bars you end up with a 99 combo and a few skill uses extra to spare.

To add to this, it's okay if your valkyrie doesn't have Combo Boost as not all valkyrie pattern learns that skill, and it's actually not needed if you are only looking to do the 99 combo. (It's only useful if you are trying to do the 20k damage at the same time) as Combo Boost only makes you do more damage. The 3 other skills Obscure_Ale mentionned are crucial.

If you are building a Valkyrie specifically for this trophy, I would recommend focusing your stats on VIT and AGI. Alternatively, you can backup your savefile on the cloud, use a Charm Scroll to reallocate your stats, max out VIT and AGI for the purpose of this trophy and redownload your savefile after acquiring the trophy. Your valkyrie doesn't need to be max level so long as you have VIT maxed out at the very least. Note that pyroxene can be used to help you achieve the stats needed so that can substantially lower the time needed to level up the valkyrie for the purpose of the trophy.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ars said:

It's faster than leveling Mastery 3 in War mode. The debate is irrelevant since that's the way you're doing it from now on :)

Edit: Did a quick test. Worst case scenario takes 10 minutes for the Orb, 10 minutes to get character lv 50, then escaping battle in Travel takes less than a minute, and you need to do it 50 times to get a total of 1000 xp in Support Skills gaining Mastery 1 in all of them. Is this fun? Nope. War is infinitely more entertaining. But that's not really the argument is it.

Feel free to test how long it takes to farm character level to 50 and gain Mastery 3 on them in War mode. I already know the answer but I'm not sure you do. You have little over a day to grind it to the fullest :)

Leveling to 50 only gets the skill unlocked but does not get it to level 1 to use an orb. I did the math, I did the level 1norb of training for all my skills. It will take loads of time once war is not an option. How long does it take to get a character to the level for the skill, equip its then level to 1 mastery? 

I have the plat now, so.i think I know what I'm talking about.

It took me 144 hours to platinum. The majority of it was trying to get Short Sights. The good news was I was only missing 3 skills and already had 3 orbs.

Good luck with the flags to anyone who still needs them! :)

Also, does anyone else think it's crazy that this game was out for years and only during the shutdown did people realize that it had an online trophy? I find that so odd. You would think someone would have noticed sooner.

• Like 2

@minh2t and @Obscure_Ale thankyou for the valuable hints! Gonna invest everything into VIT and AGI for my valkyre. ?

Be carefull with cloud save exploit, guys. I mean, I got 20 flags and the trophy, but after messing with cloud save, trying to hire @Dragon-Archon valkyre, switching factions and all, I ended up with only 18 flags! And the last story mission I did was erased, had to do it again . Dont know exactly what happened, but I decided to stop  with save manipulation. Well, just be carefull, ok?

And lets get our plat in the upcoming days or weeks, right!? Lol

• Like 2

Uff. Finally got short sights.. Luckily at 19k steps so not that much of a grind compared to others but still mind numbing at times. Missing 3 skills still atm, but suppose I'll take a quick timeout from grand kingdom in hopes to get some more energy for grinding rest.. 

2 hours ago, GravityQueeen said:

@minh2t and @Obscure_Ale thankyou for the valuable hints! Gonna invest everything into VIT and AGI for my valkyre. ?

Be carefull with cloud save exploit, guys. I mean, I got 20 flags and the trophy, but after messing with cloud save, trying to hire @Dragon-Archon valkyre, switching factions and all, I ended up with only 18 flags! And the last story mission I did was erased, had to do it again . Dont know exactly what happened, but I decided to stop  with save manipulation. Well, just be carefull, ok?

And lets get our plat in the upcoming days or weeks, right!? Lol

There's some further caveat, I've had reports savescumming resets your Contract period so it's going to start from the beginning if you download your save and reload.

Alas, the skill drop too is rolled on Quest Clear, so savescumming you always get the same drop from any capital and regardless you savescummed or not. Looks like it's not too useful in this game :(

• Like 1

My question about how to get Short Sights doesn't seem to have been answered yet.

5 hours ago, The_Snooze said:

Also, does anyone else think it's crazy that this game was out for years and only during the shutdown did people realize that it had an online trophy? I find that so odd. You would think someone would have noticed sooner.

I knew about flags being easier and i even had Grand Kingdom since quite a while but i always kinda ended up playing something else or wasn't really in the mood for gaming.

51 minutes ago, Tosmasta00 said:

My question about how to get Short Sights doesn't seem to have been answered yet.

If you dig deep enough in this thread, then you would find the answer. It has been mentioned / asked a few times.

You must get short sights as a 500 steps reward from your capital. So you cannot try to get a character with that skill to make a gran grimoire.

Best way to do the 500 steps is:

-> First get acrobatic boots (you can get this in travel quest ruinsholt; golden lower chest) and equip it;

-> When ready do Travel quest ruinsholt;

-> Count 500 steps or 13 random encounters (they should appear ~ every 40 steps, hence the 13) prefer the latter for obvious reason

-> When done, finish the quest, check if you have actually make 500 steps. If not repeat to complete the 500 steps (you dont have to do 500 steps; just what was left);

-> go to capital and royal palace and pray on the RNG gods that you get short sights.

-> If you did not receive Short Sights. Then repeat the 500 steps.

You could also get it in the Barr random encounter from what I understood. You will find him as a random encounter while grinding. So if you want you can fight him in between if you like.

Luckily I was done in around 5000 steps / 10 cycles. But some reported 40 cycles and some 2 cycles; it is heavily RNG depended.

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 1

@IDiivil, @minh2t and old man NPC

thanks!

I managed to get the Monokuma flag!

Remember everyone to visit the Capital one last time before confirming contract expire in Policy to get the daily flag. I missed one because I ended the contract beforehand.

By my calculation I just need 3 more flags then I don't have to buy the dlc.

@The_Snooze, you're right. Some people on Twitter said online wasn't necessary for the Platinum and it wasn't marked as 'Online Required' in the guide until recently. It is needed (unless there are other offline flags no-one has found yet).

IMG_20190929_103611_zpsjcmyyt5y.jpg

Edited by Jekainden
  • Like 1