Skill based trophies that you gave up on

AJ_Radio

For me, it's the "Champion!" trophy in Rayman Legends on PS Vita (thankfully, this trophy is absent on PS3 and PS4). I'm pretty decent at the challenges, but there is no way I could do well enough to earn a diamond cup, which requires being in the top one percent of all players in any given challenge. It's actually so unfair that most people wait for the very rare challenge where no one can progress past a certain point due to a glitch.

• Like 2

I’ve got a few that have been laid aside for a long time, mostly out of disgust.

Mighty No. 9 (PS4) and Rayman 3D (PS3) are, I think, my oldest incomplete games. Every now and then I toy with advancing them, play a level or two in one or the other, but some of the demands are extreme (especially for Mighty No. 9) and take more energy than I really have to devote.

I’m happy to grind against a fair system (I finished FFXV Comrades today, the DLC, not the standalone), but it’ll be a while yet before I can bring myself to finish those two games.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Emina said:

It can be frustrating, I’m thankful when I decide to take a break because sometimes I push myself too far and get nowhere. Coming back the next day, I feel refreshed and things go smoother. Don’t stress yourself like I do, it’s not worth it!

That's why I have games like Super Meat Boy and Vanquish on hold so that when I feel I'm mentally ready, I'll go and tackle them.

My playing ability and talents automatically go down the crapper when I'm frustrated.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Spaz said:

That's why I have games like Super Meat Boy and Vanquish on hold so that when I feel I'm mentally ready, I'll go and tackle them.

My playing ability and talents automatically go down the crapper when I'm frustrated.

I’m not game to play Super Meat Boy but I do own Vanquish. I didn’t realise it was that hard!

Yesterday I damaged  my controller  after more than a decade for those damn exo survival trophies, mostly the flip flop one, I finally completed it, but it reminds me of  the second type of trophies I hate the most, those that take a long long time and has you failing quite easily, but the top spot definitely goes  to these trophies, which I might as well give up:

- Personal Decorator COD BO3

- The Hero we Deserve and Battle Master  Injustice 1 ps4 (aka patched)

- Set for life Dragonball Fighter Z

- Anything Mugen Souls

- Online trophies in Gran Turismo Sport, alongside Level 50 trophy.

- Any challenges in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

- Challenges in Street Fighter 4

- Also Ultra Street Fighter. Wow, lots of fighting games huh

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
  • Like 1

I saw this thread refreshed, so I came to bitch about one trophy from certain game.

I'm rather casual if it comes to trophy hunting and there's probably a lot of unfinished stuff on my profile that would give me headache if I'd try to 100% it (like Trials Fusion), but there's one trophy in one game I actively tried to get several times with no luck. This game's called Bound. I've got this game from PS+ and it caught my eye because how many UR trophies it has (20) and how rare the platinum is (0.61%).

Many people who platinumed this game warned about painful "Cautious" trophy (Complete the game in one session without dying (with Edge Guard turned off)), which was in my opinion overestimated in difficulty (the game has pretty bad camera and clunky controls and these will kill you more often than hazards in this game, but I like deathless trophies, so maybe this is why I didn't find it so frustrating).

But my true platinum breaker is "100% Run" (Complete the game in less than 01:05:00 and collect every Memory Shard). This is a trophy which combine both speedrun and collecting every collectible (where many are hidden in grass and you have to deviate from main path a lot to collect them). Miss one shard, and you have to start from beginning because you cannot replay chapters after you start the game. Exit the game and the run is reset (no save exploit). The time is generous, but not that generous - if you die too many times or spend too much time looking for collectibles in a level, you won't make it in time which I painfully experienced. But at least it can be done with a video guide step by step (very tedious, but safe way, as pausing stops the timer).

It's definitely not as hard as Super Meat Boy Cotton Alley trophies in terms of difficulty, but 100% Run rely on equally heavy memorization. I plan to return to it by the end of the year and maybe I succeed.

17 hours ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

For me, it's the "Champion!" trophy in Rayman Legends on PS Vita (thankfully, this trophy is absent on PS3 and PS4). I'm pretty decent at the challenges, but there is no way I could do well enough to earn a diamond cup, which requires being in the top one percent of all players in any given challenge. It's actually so unfair that most people wait for the very rare challenge where no one can progress past a certain point due to a glitch.

I was ready to abandon it too, and all of a sudden, the glitched level appeared. I don't think it's possible to achieve this legitimatelly without spending months on learning this game, there's always 5 or more people who are able to achieve ridiculous times/lengths. PS4 version doesn't have this trophy, but it's way easier to get a diamond here because of bigger playerbase, ironically. Fortunately, few people on Vita version of Rayman Legends forum are very helpful and inform about glitched level (and even how to achieve the best possible time, which is not always obvious), so it's advisable to follow it if somebody still want to grab this trophy.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Alos88 said:

A bit of a niche answer, but the Eternal Slip minigame in Pier Solar was so hard I completely gave up on platting the game because of it. 
I don't care what the trophy guide says, it is not a 6/10 difficulty.

That minigame is brutal. I remember watching a video of it and thought it looked pretty easy. But when I came to the slippery part during the story I already thought: What the hell is going on here? Why am I sliding of the path all the time? Lol. Eternal Slip took me many hours of practice, but once you get the timing down, it’s doable. Don’t give up.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 3

On 11/10/2019 at 2:13 AM, tanonero said:

To me, giving up is just not an option, no matter how long it would take to achieve something.

When it comes to trophy hunting, I would agree. There were a couple of trophies where I considered throwing in the towel, but pushed through and achieved. Just makes that accomplishment that much sweeter for sure.

Some of y'all are nuts. I consider myself pretty stubborn and will continue to bash my head away at something until i get it... unless it's in that sub-2% rarity range and then I say screwwwww that some of this stuff is not worth. I won't always write off a massive challenge but I have limits.

Stardew Valley - Fector's Challenge

- Beat a bullet hell game completely unrelated to the main game without dying once. 0.97% rarity. Requires luck. Yea, no thanks dude. 

MLB The Show 16 - Victorious!

- Win 20 out of 21 online Diamond Dynasty Battle Royale games. 0.30% rarity. Nah dawg... I'm good.

MLB The Show 19 - Welcome to the Chip

- Reach Championship Division Series (800 rank) online with an ELO scale... 1.48% rarity. Do-able if I spent several weeks chipping away at it... no thanks. 

All 3 would be dope platinums to have but I can't. LittleBigPlanet3, The Last Guardian, and Unravel 2 are all also games that may crack me. 

• Like 2

Stormbringer - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance including the boss related trophies. I knew full well when I started the game, there was no chance in a million years I'd get the platinum, so I settled for beating at least one of the bosses on Revengeance difficulty without taking damage...but I couldn't even do that. I felt confident at the start because I breezed through the game on hard mode, and managed S ranks on most of the fights against regular enemies. I could beat the bosses, I just couldn't do it without getting hit. I made attempts lasting a few hours for each of them, but I'd always mistime a parry. Recently however, I did manage to parry Gywn (Dark Souls) to death on my first try to restore a small amount of dignity :lol: 

Also Senna Master - Gran Turismo 6.  I got gold on the first two or three tracks but it was the one around Brands Hatch that got me, I got the platinum trophy but not 100%. I always struggled with Brands Hatch, including a fun three day struggle with to get gold on an S license test when going for the platinum. I think I went on for a couple of days before giving up but I consider racing games to be among the genres I'm worst at, so I was happy with the platinum. 

Edited by FarSideOfSaturn

1 hour ago, FarSideOfSaturn said:

Also Senna Master - Gran Turismo 6.  I got gold on the first two or three tracks but it was the one around Brands Hatch that got me, I got the platinum trophy but not 100%. I always struggled with Brands Hatch, including a fun three day struggle with to get gold on an S license test when going for the platinum. I think I went on for a couple of days before giving up but I consider racing games to be among the genres I'm worst at, so I was happy with the platinum. 

Oh those Senna tribute events.

I'm not great at racing games either (maybe good-ish xD) but those took me 4 days to finally do. Well actually just Brands Hatch gave me trouble like you. It was a nightmare but a couple of things pushed me to get it. One I love racing games, two Senna was my childhood hero and three I was doing the seasonal backlog challenge at the time (in which you have to get 100% on your games) so I had plenty of motivation. If I remember correctly you get a nice little documentary at the end if you manage to beat the times about Senna's sister opening up a school for underprivileged kids that Ayrton always wanted to do.

But yes it is very hard especially with a controller (wheel users always get a leg up), I don't blame you for giving up on it.

On 11/17/2019 at 6:11 PM, CyrahOmega said:

Spaz I could boost Capcom Arcade Cabinet with ya. But a skill-based trophy I gave up on is the inferno pool one where you gotta basically not miss any shots for 3 minutes straight. 

CyrahOmega.png

Son Son is the only boostable trophy. Sucks I have crappy internet.