Game Size is 116GB, you better make some space ready on your PS4s =>

Quink666

15 minutes ago, Oblivion said:

Space should be a non-issue since there is no drawback to deleting games. If you don't play some games just delete them and if you ever feel like playing them again just re-install them.

Simple.

That probably works great for people with internet cap and mostly digital games for example.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Oblivion said:

Most of my games are physical and i don't have any issues deleting and re-installing them again. If that's a problem for someone then sorry to say, you're just lazy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well good for you, but not for people with cap and digital. Those lazy assholes refusing to delete games to save space and potentially internet cap => .....

32 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Well good for you, but not for people with cap and digital. Those lazy assholes refusing to delete games to save space and potentially internet cap => .....

People who have internet cap and Buy digital games are not smart. 

7 minutes ago, SKyZoX9 said:

People who have internet cap and Buy digital games are not smart. 

Sometime they got no choice though....And games like this one require a 50GB patch to play even if you have a physical copy from what i understand. But you are smart so you already knew that. =D

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Sometime they got no choice though....And games like this one require a 50GB patch to play even if you have a physical copy from what i understand. But you are smart so you already knew that. =D

Yea i am i also know that games who arent available on physical copy are often less than 10GB. If you cant get a better connexion because of your location, you have to buy physical copies, that just how it is. The indurstry is among a lot of financial and emotional pressure by the players who wants better games. Better games = wider sizes. That just how it will be the companies cant do everything for you. You gotta adapt that just how life works.

I dont know the specifics of your caps, but im pretty sure it will provide you to download a 50gb patch for a mounth.

Edited by SKyZoX9

54 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Correct, i might never have had that problem because i don't really know what a internet cap is and how it affects hard drive space.

I'm not ashamed to admit that i'm a total newbie when it comes to technology and i'm open for learning if you have the time to explain :)

• Like 2

F*ck this shit. One of the rare times in my life I buy a game at launch, and can't even play it the same day. Why everything needs to update to play campaign makes no sense. Why couldn't they have done where initial 34GB installation update has the bulk of the campaign ready at least. Whatever.

2 hours ago, Oblivion said:

Correct, i might never have had that problem because i don't really know what a internet cap is and how it affects hard drive space.

I'm not ashamed to admit that i'm a total newbie when it comes to technology and i'm open for learning if you have the time to explain :)

I think they're referring to some internet companies having a download limit for your plan. Don't know how it works on other contries, but it's getting pretty popular here in Brazil. Like mobile data cap, but for your wifi. My company, thank havens, doesn't work with internet cap, so I can pretty much download all the shit I want. Drawback is, they only cover a small part of São Paulo. Meanwhile, I know people who have an 80gb cap for the whole month. A buddy of mine had additional charges on his bill when I downloaded RDR 2 on his PS4.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, panikooooos said:

They just don't give a fuck anymore, ever since games stopped being on discs, companies just put out raw uncompressed gbs of files and let the user figure out how to fit it in his hdd.

That really seals the connection.

Last gen, only game I remember that had too much  GBs was GOW Ascension at around 35, maybe also Metal Gear Rising and the Final Fantasy 10 remaster. This gen has been ridiculous on GBs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thinger95 said:

I think they're referring to some internet companies having a download limit for your plan. Don't know how it works on other contries, but it's getting pretty popular here in Brazil. Like mobile data cap, but for your wifi. My company, thank havens, doesn't work with internet cap, so I can pretty much download all the shit I want. Drawback is, they only cover a small part of São Paulo. Meanwhile, I know people who have an 80gb cap for the whole month. A buddy of mine had additional charges on his bill when I downloaded RDR 2 on his PS4.

Surely the option for unlimited is still there though? I would never opt for anything else otherwise I would have to actually purchase music and movies/box sets as well LOL

Not sure why people would struggle with this, I only have the original hard drive on mine and I have the room. Just delete the shit you are finished playing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BlazikieronUS said:

I feel like people are expecting too much from these sorts of companies nowadays.

It is good every now and again to remind ourselves that, really, the companies are the victims, and not the consumers.

9 hours ago, Oblivion said:

While I'm certainly a tech moron as well, my understanding is that an internet cap has nothing to do with hard-drive space. It simply means that there is a cap on the amount of data you can download in a given period (usually a month).

I'd say that many people have such a cap. It's not that those people are dumb, or lazy - it's that this is the internet that they can afford, and sometimes, it's the only internet offered to them. For example, in many parts of the rural midwest, internet is offered by a single company, and you take what you get. I'm lucky (or luckier) in that I live in a college town, so the options are greater.

I certainly agree that, if data is not a problem, there's no reason not to delete games you aren't playing. But that's not always the case, and it would be nice for AAA companies to recognize this, and attempt to keep their games relatively compact. I mean, I look at a company like Square, which releases PS2 games that require outrageously high amounts of data relative to the content within. E.g. FFXII, a PS2 game, required 40.68 GB of space -what is the possible reason for this other than poor use of data by Square?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Surely the option for unlimited is still there though? I would never opt for anything else otherwise I would have to actually purchase music and movies/box sets as well LOL

Not sure why people would struggle with this, I only have the original hard drive on mine and I have the room. Just delete the shit you are finished playing.

Some people don't have a choice, there's always the possibility that the ISP in their area only provides options with data caps

Just got the disc version. Downloading all the patches as it's a total of 56.818GB (Patch 1.04). Glad I have unlimited!

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2

On 24-10-2019 at 8:26 PM, Quink666 said:

Just started preloading a total of 7 different files and its a whopping 116GB in total. One big main game file at 66GB then 2 campaign files for a total of 27GB, MP pack 6GB, 2 Spec Ops packs for a total of 15GB and a Survival pack of 2GB. Damn that is alot of game right there.

I got a ps4 pro and extra HDD of 2tb, i think every gamer with a decent library comes to a point to get that extra space. Hopefully the ps5 comes with a 2tb HDD, and 4 usb 3.0 ports. 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 11:47 AM, panikooooos said:

They just don't give a fuck anymore, ever since games stopped being on discs, companies just put out raw uncompressed gbs of files and let the user figure out how to fit it in his hdd.

God of War 2018, Marvel’s Spider-Man Detroit: Become Human all have compressed data. 

Detroit is roughly 44 GBs, at least it is according to my PS4. But even if I had a PS4 Pro and the game received 10 - 20 GB patch files that are graphical enhancements for the Pro, that still doesn’t come close to the file size that is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019. 

Pretty soon a 2 TB drive is going to be obsolete and too small for what modern AAA games will require.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 4

I bought physical, had to download everything as well. Using my original 500GB console and I'm down to just this game, BF1 & BFV.

Looks like I will hook up my 1TB and use that system for other games and keep main for COD/BF. Glad I have unlimited internet/data for home/mobile.

EDIT_ Was playing a mission just now and game literally stopped and shut down for another patch. Crazy lol.

Edited by Paulie1313
  • Like 1