Megaman Zero Trophy Thoughts

1 minute ago, MidnightDragon said:

Surprised this got a plat.

I'm not surprised, but sorta am that it only got 1 considering X Legacy Collection got 2.

I played the first game on GBA and maybe because it was it was on a handheld but it felt harder than any of the games from the X series. (I also suck at this genre lol)

Looks like a good list. Don't need to 100% everything but at least you need to complete all the games and so getting all upgrades and what not will help in that regard. Heard these were harder than others in the series, only played a few of them.... and was so young I was terrible at most games lol But i live the series and genre (even though these have a slight deviation from norm and one is metroidvania). Will take a bit of time to plat this one I think

These games can be challenging but nothing to difficult (atleast to me). One thing to note that there is a grading system so if you obtain an A or S rank than the next missions boss will have an added move set, im not sure if it applies to Z1 but definitely for the later games. Other than that I think the ones that gave me a hard time was Zero 4 especially near the end and the omega boss fight in ZX, but I am super excited to play these games again

So excited to plat this one. I'll wait for discount too because I own all the games. A more extensive trophy list would have made this a day one for me. 38 trophies seems so small. 6 platinums is obviously too many... maybe a ZX plat and an MMZ plat  would be suffice.  Oh well...

Yeah, these games are much longer then the typical megaman games(the zx games in particular are 8-10 hour metroidvania titles) so of course a plat is justified. Btw any megaman fan is in for a real treat since the zero series is imo the best and most consistantly good out of all the different megaman subseries(zero 3 being my 3rd favorite megaman behind x4 and battle network 6 with legends 2 and megaman 3 being 4th and 5th respectively) and unlike other subseries actually has a definitive ending.

• Like 3

If you're familiar with Mega Man games, it shouldn't be too hard. The first Zero game is challenging and the series just gets more challenging with each entry, but it's pretty manageable. ZX isn't a particularly difficult game, one or two bosses aside.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I'm not surprised, but sorta am that it only got 1 considering X Legacy Collection got 2.

I played the first game on GBA and maybe because it was it was on a handheld but it felt harder than any of the games from the X series. (I also suck at this genre lol)

yeah i remember the zero series being tough myself. i was kinda hoping they would allow the casual whatever its called for this collection tbh, since i vaguely remember an early trailer advertising it kinda made me think they'd let it slide with the trophies this time around. >.<

i didn't have much difficulty platinuming the X collections besides X3 being a tough game, and the 2nd half of the collection mostly being filled with annoyances.

so hopefully getting into this collection eventually wont be as bad as i am imagining from memories of my younger days. 

will wait for trophy guides and such, $30 isn't a bad price point for the collection considering the games i remember having quite a bit of content and grind. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

yeah i remember the zero series being tough myself. i was kinda hoping they would allow the casual whatever its called for this collection tbh, since i vaguely remember an early trailer advertising it kinda made me think they'd let it slide with the trophies this time around. >.<

i didn't have much difficulty platinuming the X collections besides X3 being a tough game, and the 2nd half of the collection mostly being filled with annoyances.

so hopefully getting into this collection eventually wont be as bad as i am imagining from memories of my younger days. 

will wait for trophy guides and such, $30 isn't a bad price point for the collection considering the games i remember having quite a bit of content and grind. 

$30 definitely isn't bad and I didn't feel bad at all for pre-ordering. Especially if it means a better chance for more of the games to come over.

I do remember struggling on the first game but I honestly think it was simply because it was on a GBA and I might have had an easier time if they were on console like I did X4-X6. I'm going to struggle now without a doubt whether they are difficult or not.

2 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

$30 definitely isn't bad and I didn't feel bad at all for pre-ordering. Especially if it means a better chance for more of the games to come over.

I do remember struggling on the first game but I honestly think it was simply because it was on a GBA and I might have had an easier time if they were on console like I did X4-X6. I'm going to struggle now without a doubt whether they are difficult or not.

sorry i wasn't aiming the price point toward you, i meant it as in for a good price to grab when i'm ready to play them.

a battle network/and star force collection would be really fantastic loved those games. also if they did a legends collection and reworked the controls, then possibly revive legends 3? the only new mega man games for years have been the classic games, and tbh classic mega man is my least favorite, but always liked the other franchises a lot.

well a lot of the trophies look mostly like beating the games on their default difficulty, with a few things per game or another to go out of your way for. i think most of the challenge will be in beating them, and getting yourself set up proper in each game. i remember some stuff dealing with equippable elf's and grinding energy crystal things to maybe power them? been so long i cant quite remember how the systems worked. 

5 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

sorry i wasn't aiming the price point toward you, i meant it as in for a good price to grab when i'm ready to play them.

Oh I didn't take offense to this or anything sorry if it came across that way.

5 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

a battle network/and star force collection would be really fantastic loved those games. also if they did a legends collection and reworked the controls, then possibly revive legends 3? the only new mega man games for years have been the classic games, and tbh classic mega man is my least favorite, but always liked the other franchises a lot.

well a lot of the trophies look mostly like beating the games on their default difficulty, with a few things per game or another to go out of your way for. i think most of the challenge will be in beating them, and getting yourself set up proper in each game. i remember some stuff dealing with equippable elf's and grinding energy crystal things to maybe power them? been so long i cant quite remember how the systems worked. 

Yeah I didn't enjoy any of the games I played from the Original series tbh. I did like Legends a lot on the N64 and obviously the X series except the last 2 lol. I only played Battle Network 3 but loved it. Haven't played Star Force nor the ZX games either. Just the first MMZ. (might have played another one on a friend's handheld but honestly I just don't remember)

I was thinking that there would at least be a platinum for the Zero series and another for the ZX, games are to short for each on to have their own and six games seems like to many just to have one. As was said earlier, actually...

Edited by Gaberdude