COVID-19 Platinums

On 3/20/2020 at 8:02 PM, Mesopithecus said:

I've gone back to Final Fantasy X, which I started June 2016.  I'd gone back to it sporadically but now I feel like powering through - honestly having the mindless grind is helping a bit but I'll likely change it up soon and start something else that I can play in between grinding sphere levels.  Still got the lightning dodges to do which I decided "not today" after attempting it earlier and getting hit repeatedly after 10 dodges.

I was job hunting before all this happened, had a few positions lined up for interview and one was even at the reference stage but I've had emails from them all saying the positions are on hold for the time being.

I have always wanted to platinum both of them I played FFX so much as a kid.  That sphere grid though, breaks my heart.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 6:59 PM, OobiGod said:

Started and finished the ice age 3 platinum (lol) and am on my way to finishing scribblenauts unmasked for the mega pack plat.

I just got the platinum for that, it was super fun. The grinding and Lily's whining about new alerts in Unmasked was annoying but I got through fine. Maybe the creators might come together and think of making a 3D Scribblenauts. xD Might make a Maxwell avatar for this forum.

Edited by Rune_Crys
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, svmmichvn said:

I have always wanted to platinum both of them I played FFX so much as a kid.  That sphere grid though, breaks my heart.

I just got everything prepared today to start that sphere grid grind, I zoomed out on it all earlier and I feel like it's going to take forever, hoping it goes fast though when I get started on it.

So far (9 days of self isolation) I have got the platinum for;

The Sims 4 - Took me about 4 hours even after following the guide (Due to being unfamiliar with the controls and the gameplay).

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 - I started the game the weekend before, but only played an hour or so, the vast majority was all done this week, I loved it.

Tekken 7 - Fairly easy and quite fun game to platinum, pretty much took two evenings.

The Long Reach - Following a guide it took just under an hour, happy days, boring game.

Other;

Tomb Raider 2013 - Finished up the single player and got all single player related trophies, won't get the platinum due to the multiplayer trophies.

Fifa 20 - Picked up some of the easier missed trophies, might get the platinum one day, but it's a very long grind.

Kingdom Hearts III - Currently working on the platinum, should get this done some time this week.

After KH3 I'm looking to go back to Shadow of the Colossus, God of War and Steep to hopefully pick up the platinums for three games I need to finish up.

I am currently working from home (thank God I got my job when I did). Its so chill I can play games at the same time. I've gotten Lego Jurassic World and Glass Masquerade 2 platinums so far. I'm looking to do Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight next, but I have an itch to play something a bit bigger. Don't know what I'll do about that. I'm thinking AC Origins or Ni No Kuni 2.

Edited by Upendo_Vitani

So many platinums being earned :) That means you are all self-isolating which is great.

I am about halfway through Dragon Quest and am loving it. I have actually never played a real Dragon Quest game (I played a few of the spin-offs) so it is fun to finally get to play one :)

No Mans Sky platinum

Kick-Ass 2 platinum and 

Albedo platinum.

Working on my last few for battleborn and keep playing final fantasy VII - ps4 version not the remake.

Oh and finished up  walking dead Michonne and season two.

All this and I still have to work Monday to Friday.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

• Like 1

I managed to get the platinum in Conga Master Go! in the meantime. I can say for sure that I've never played a game like this before, but I truly enjoyed this game.

I don't know what to play next, but I think I'll go for Dragon Fantasy: Volumes of Westeria. I want to reduce some of my Vita backlog.

Appropiately enough, I got the platinum for The Division recently.

I'm currently working on:

• Far Cry 2: Only 1200 kills left. I'm dead inside.
  • Mortal Kombat 9: Servers are "down" but Ranked and Private matches are still up somehow so I'm taking out the online trophies now and focusing on the grind later.
  • Anthem: Of all the Online-Only games I've played, this one has the worst servers BY FAR. I'd recommend everyone to stay away from this one just from that fact alone. The rest of the game's ok.
  • Ken's Rage: I love FotNS and despite all of its "Warrior-isms" I'm having a lot of fun with this. Considering purchasing the sequel as well but boy is it expensive...
  • Asura's Wrath: The framerate oh God the framerate...

Due to the quarantine where I live, I got the platinums for two games that I left uncompleted for months;

Need for Speed Payback

Need for Speed Rivals

Now I'm working on their newest title, Need for Speed Heat, Call of Duty WW2 and hopefully I can finish some other games that I'm too lazy to complete.

Somebody suggest me which plats should I go for!

I always work from home so nothing much has changed for me. I very rarely game during the day then, only at night for 1 or 2 hours. It's mostly during the weekend that we would normally have gone out somewhere and don't at the moment. That time is now mostly filled gaming for me and I am having a blast to be honest.

This past weekend I finally put myself to work finishing the Edith Finch and Ethan Carter games and they were absolutely great. Both stunning to look at and interesting worlds to move around in. I also platted Peasant Knight in contrast to my usual mindset to only play the Vita stack of those type of games. I then picked up Murdered: Soul Suspect for PS4 again for a bit and finally proceded to finish up the last multiplayer trophy for Enemy Front on PS3 late last night. In between I also grinded some more races in Ridge Racer on Vita, inching ever closer to the Filthy VIP trophy.

Even in quarentine, I am still going to work remotely 8 hours a weekday lol, but of course, I still have more time for gaming. Just got the platinum for Deiland and now playing Tales of Hearts R on my Vita and Darksiders Warmastered Edition for PS4.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 11:12 AM, Dr_Mayus said:

Has it already shipped? I am sure if you emailed them they would understand.

As far as I can tell, GameStop has pretty much laid off their entire Customer Service staff.  (I know, I know:  big surprise.)

I'm getting no response via e-mail and their website.  There's nobody staffing their 800 number as far as I can tell.  All the stores around here are shuttered.

At this point, I'm ready to say the hell with GameStop.  To place a pre-order through Amazon tonight, and to wait for GameStop to re-open and insist upon my money back.

On 3/22/2020 at 9:54 PM, Mesopithecus said:

I just got everything prepared today to start that sphere grid grind, I zoomed out on it all earlier and I feel like it's going to take forever, hoping it goes fast though when I get started on it.

Lemme know how it goes ! that is the only thing holding me back from putting it on my platinuming account D:

This month was really profitable in terms of playing, despite the situation is very bad and I hope it just gets better day after day,

I got the platinum for AC IV Black Flag, AC Liberation HD, AC Rogue and Darksiders (3rd time for this one, fortunately I really love the game ?), but I did the dlcs trophies for the AC games too and other boosts.

I hope to finally complete FIFA 16, and why not I try to platinum CoD World at War although veteran difficulty on this one is truly challenging! 

• Like 1

Plopped down $50 for Disgaea 4 Complete+ and got through the main story, now doing the level grinding and boy is it boring as Hades. :P I already managed to get through Mt. Ordeals(which wasn't as bad as I thought. I died a lot and the third stage was the worst hurdle but it's not as bad as the Training stages in Disgaea 5 where you have to cheese a status ailment to complete the Carnage Dimension stages to unlock maps that let you break the game in the map editor.

5 minutes ago, KingCuervo88 said:

i got PS4 version of Lego Harry Potter done as well as some DLC for a few games... then proceeded to platinum some little easy ones to get 5 away from 300..  hoping i can also boost the dumb plane trophy in BF V to get that plat too

Do you have a plan for 300?