Just wanted to ask, what makes a “good” PSNProfile?

No longer here

19 hours ago, VARASYTE said:

No hidden trophies, i just find that weird af. 

I have a few hidden games that have gotten on my profile years ago because my relatives played their own games on my ps3 and even though I made a profile for them, they picked my profile the next day when I left them unsupervised with the console and forgot to set a password on my profile. There are reasons to hide games.

• Like 2

I like my own profile. Since Ratalaika games are now so prevalent I no longer care to even look at other people's profiles, and even then it really doesn't matter what I think. To each their own.

Though if I had to pick something that impresses me about other profiles, it would be a profile that has a high completion rate with a lot of similar games on my own profile. Its like extra inspiration to go back to them at some point. 

Edited by Upendo_Vitani

12 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I nearly broke my damn neck playing RIDE. I slipped off the board and almost hit my coffee table. I played both of them using my hands after that because it was just so unsafe to do it otherwise.

How ironic would it have been if you told your friends you weren't going to skateboard with them in real life because it was too dangerous, and you didn't want to get hurt. Then, you go home and play the video game, just to be severally injured. I'm not laughing at the thought of you being hurt, but I find the irony pretty amusing. :P

• Like 2

Just now, PrinceOfPeace said:

How ironic would it have been if you told your friends you weren't going to skateboard with them in real life because it was too dangerous, and you didn't want to get hurt. Then, you go home and play the video game, just to be severally injured. I'm not laughing at the thought of you being hurt, but I find the irony pretty amusing. :P

Oh trust me when I crashed down and barely missed the corner of that table all I could think of was "this will be the stupidest thing to explain to anyone" so I decided "playing the game with my hands because fuck this game"

Seriously doing the Barcelona Challenge was hard enough using your hands. Doing it properly would be basically impossible.

Haven’t really thought about it because, to me, the profile is just a record of gaming history, and the games one likes, or how compulsive one is about completion percentages etc, cannot be better or worse than another profile.

I guess, and again, for me, what makes a profile stand out are hard platinums. It’s easy to fake high percentages through having multiple profiles and only playing easier games on your main, but if you plat a hard game then that’s an accomplishment / sign of commitment. But again, if somebody doesn’t (like me) it may well be because we don’t find continually retrying hard games until we nail them to be fun.

• Like 1

The amount of platinums someone has is impressive if they’re not the easy (and 3 to 6 stackable) games. If someone has over 100-200 platinums with a lot of easy games to plat, then I find this less impressive than someone with 60-70 platinums with some really good games and some difficult ones too.

I don’t really pay attention to completion rate, I find it pretty mental when someone has like 90% completion rate, it feels like they restrain themselves to buy certain games.

Oh I always do find it impressive when I see someone’s list and there’s several platinums under each other. Thats somehow always satisfying to see. ?

• Like 3

Damn I found this thread too late! Now my opportunity is gone to hoard houndreds of likes just by saying:

"You shouldn't care", "Everybody should play what they like", "Don't care about others", "Just enjoy gaming" and so on....

Oh well, next time.

18 hours ago, YaoiGod said:

Here, we see a 3-page example of prime, fresh and juicy.....Elitism.

Trophy hunting was always elitist. It sets you apart from people who "only" play games. It's called achievement for a reason (even though we call it trophies :) ).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

Trophy hunting was always elitist. It sets you apart from people who "only" play games. It's called achievement for a reason (even though we call it trophies :) ).

You missed the point, this is elitism between trophy hunters themself.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, YaoiGod said:

No, because recent trophy hunting habits of some defeat the purpose of achieving something. I started this hobby to fully explore games and overcome some challenges. On top of that I was looking up to some profiles which motivated me to try certain games. In my opinion people who do not do that but only take shortcuts by playing Rata games never fully understood this hobby. And yes, I do think that their profile is not "good". Some people only care about the number of platinums, so they put houndres of crap games on their profile. This has nothing to do with trophy hunting. If that is "elitist", great!

Edited by Gommes_
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, YaoiGod said:

There isn't any point. So elitism is ok when it's between trophy hunters and "casual gamers" but when it's between trophy hunters that makes it bad somehow lmfao. Do you also believe we should allow cheaters and cfw modders? They are "trophy hunters" too bro, quit being a bigot elitist smh

• Like 4

fjdmQe.png

I just picked two platinum from my list.

Tell me I am elite or not :P

anyway, completion percantage helps me to have an idea about user profile.

whether the games are easy or not, if any user tries to complete game from beginning to the end and plays over and over to get trophies, the user has good profile for me.

People who finish the games that require patience are always one step ahead for me. 

For me no platinum under 10 hours and same copy of games. I prefer a profile with a an overall wide  variety of  platinums. What really annoys me is that people play short dump games for quick platinums that encourages developers to dump such kinds of game on PSN as well. Maybe if PSN profile could somehow incorporate a new system of ranking that might be helpful. As most of the top ranks are just trophy wjores.

To achieve the best profile, first you need a premium account. Then you need 10 ultra rare, under 1% bronze (!) trophies that have the following initials, and you must put them in the same order in your trophy cabinet:

G
O
D
P
R
O
F
I
L
E

4 hours ago, panikooooos said:

There isn't any point. So elitism is ok when it's between trophy hunters and "casual gamers" but when it's between trophy hunters that makes it bad somehow lmfao. Do you also believe we should allow cheaters and cfw modders? They are "trophy hunters" too bro, quit being a bigot elitist smh

4 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

No, because recent trophy hunting habits of some defeat the purpose of achieving something. I started this hobby to fully explore games and overcome some challenges. On top of that I was looking up to some profiles which motivated me to try certain games. In my opinion people who do not do that but only take shortcuts by playing Rata games never fully understood this hobby. And yes, I do think that their profile is not "good". Some people only care about the number of platinums, so they put houndres of crap games on their profile. This has nothing to do with trophy hunting. If that is "elitist", great!

Then why did you both bother replying to me if you think elitism is okay? Obviously i won't change your mind and you won't change mine if you already had a one-sided opinion ready.

Also where the FUCK did i say i am better than the casual gamer? The person i was quoting said that, did you even read what i said or just read elite and screech afterwards? Quit being triggered when you hear Elitism yet follow with "it's okay to have elitism", no one's attacking you.

Edited by YaoiGod
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, YaoiGod said:

Quit being triggered when you hear Elitism yet follow with "it's okay to have elitism", no one's attacking you.

23 hours ago, YaoiGod said:

Here, we see a 3-page example of prime, fresh and juicy.....Elitism.

Really makes you think ? Now why did I bother replying? Well I don't know, maybe because we're on a forum and the whole point of that is having a discussion? First you express disapproval of "elitism", then you retract and tell someone "It's not about elitism it's about elitism between trophy hunters" implying some types of elitism are ok and now idk what you're trying to say. Seems like you got called out and now you try to play le radical centrist to please everyone, idk if that will work though tbh

• Like 1

Even though I do not pick any specific direction myself, I always appreciate seeing when others have done so:

- Someone going for only ultra rare platinums or only games below a certain completion percentage

- Someone who is intent on getting their profile as close to 100% as possible while still playing a wide variety of games

- Someone who carefully planned their milestones

- The platinum rain day fans who take months of preparation to shower themselves in platinums.

Me, I just go for anything that I feel like at a specific moment. So my own profile does not impress me at all and I have no desire to impress others with it. But that does not mean I can not appreciate the work other people put in their own profiles. You can even be a bit elitist about it if you want, that comes with the dedication needed to uphold a higher standard I guess.

Calling out other profiles as inferior to your own is where I draw the line though, that shit's not on.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

1 hour ago, panikooooos said:

Really makes you think 1f914.png Now why did I bother replying? Well I don't know, maybe because we're on a forum and the whole point of that is having a discussion? First you express disapproval of "elitism", then you retract and tell someone "It's not about elitism it's about elitism between trophy hunters" implying some types of elitism are ok and now idk what you're trying to say. Seems like you got called out and now you try to play le radical centrist to please everyone, idk if that will work though tbh

See if you read stuff and make your own opinions about what someone says, that's on you. But me? I never said a word of what you're trying to Nancy Drew about.

I SAID to the person i was quoting:

"You missed the point, this is elitism between trophy hunters." Please find me a a word where i said or even gave a feeling that "yeah some elitism is okay". That's something YOU interperted, not something i SAID, so please read before rushing to the keyboard and making conjectures from your own point of understanding before confirming proof and evidence, then be pressed when i call you out on your bullshit.

My first statement was hey see this example of elitism, i never insulted someone, never came for anyone specific or said you are WRONG, you and 3 other people got pissed and decided to shift the blame to me and came up with excuses upon excuses, if you don't wanna admit elitism then please ignore me, i know CODVID-19 is giving you all lots of free time but please move on if you're gonna try shifting the blame instead of facing what the subject is.

Edited by YaoiGod

51 minutes ago, YaoiGod said:

See if you read stuff and make your own opinions about what someone says, that's on you. But me? I never said a word of what you're trying to Nancy Drew about.

I SAID to the person i was quoting:

"You missed the point, this is elitism between trophy hunters." Please find me a a word where i said or even gave a feeling that "yeah some elitism is okay". That's something YOU interperted, not something i SAID, so please read before rushing to the keyboard and making conjectures from your own point of understanding before confirming proof and evidence, then be pressed when i call you out on your bullshit.

My first statement was hey see this example of elitism, i never insulted someone, never came for anyone specific or said you are WRONG, you and 3 other people got pissed and decided to shift the blame to me and came up with excuses upon excuses, if you don't wanna admit elitism then please ignore me, i know CODVID-19 is giving you all lots of free time but please move on if you're gonna try shifting the blame instead of facing what the subject is.

Someone told you "Trophy hunting was always elitist", and you replied "You missed the point, this is elitism between trophy hunters". If you thought all elitism is bad you would reply to him by saying "Yeah and that's also a bad form of elitism" or something like that. The only way for your reply to make sense is by interpreting as "Yeah that's acceptable elitism I was referring to elitism between trophy hunters". You trying to pass of these statements "Here, we see a 3-page example of prime, fresh and juicy.....Elitism." , "Who cares if you triple plat Sound Shapes, you know, the game you paid for along with its DLC? Madness" as neutral is pretty funny as well. Again, trying to please both sides is not gonna work here, sorry. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

Someone told you "Trophy hunting was always elitist", and you replied "You missed the point, this is elitism between trophy hunters". If you thought all elitism is bad you would reply to him by saying "Yeah and that's also a bad form of elitism" or something like that. The only way for your reply to make sense is by interpreting as "Yeah that's acceptable elitism I was referring to elitism between trophy hunters". You trying to pass of these statements "Here, we see a 3-page example of prime, fresh and juicy.....Elitism." , "Who cares if you triple plat Sound Shapes, you know, the game you paid for along with its DLC? Madness" as neutral is pretty funny as well. Again, trying to please both sides is not gonna work here, sorry. 

No no, saying "i think if you thought all elitism is bad you would say that" and me saying it are two different things, that's called your take on what i said.

And no, i wasn't saying this is elitism between trophy hunters to say elitism between casual and trophy hunters is okay, because i never mentioned casual gaming, i never even made a statement about it, and you know why? Because this is a trophy hunter-based site, i will always assume anyone here was a trophy hunter at one point or still is, so i never addressed the casual gamer at all because this is not the topic about that issue, not even when i said "who cares what people play" because i mentioned a platinum trophy afterwards, going by your "i don't know WHO, i just FEEL it was you" hands of judgement, it would also imply that i'm addressing trophy hunters in general, never mentioning the casual gamer, only exception is that i actually didn't, not going off by feeling and conjectures.

Also i'm not here to please you, when did i try to please you? Not cussing you out or raging, which i have to point out, you did to me, is called pleasing all sides? No, it's simply called manners, which people tend to forget when they they talk to someone online, even you in the last part of this reply you sent. If anything i kept telling you to ignore me if you're gonna keep sidetracking from the actual topic, and i will say it again, it's okay to admit something and move on if you don't want to talk about it.

Also what's funny is that you're telling me that i'm trying to please everyone by saying who cares if you triple plat sound shapes and shutting down my opinion, yet you defend your right to be an elitist and want to discuss it, but only when it's someone on your side. I admitted my mistake when i said this kind of topic should be banned, i got called out, said that i was mistaken and i have no right to say that, edited out of my original statement, and you know what happened afterwards? Both me and the person who addressed it MOVED. ON.

Edited by YaoiGod