Just wanted to ask, what makes a “good” PSNProfile?

No longer here

9 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Damn straight! How dare people write about their subjective preferences when it comes to trophies! 

It would be elitism if people started stating that their view is superior, which so far hasn't happened. It's about your own personal preferences when it comes to profiles, and so far it has been a healthy discussion in my opinion. 

Sacrasm really does it for you huh. It's an elitist thing by nature because you're telling people what makes a good account, regardless of whether you publicly say that you're better or not because let's be honest, anyone saying don't have this game or that game thinks they are better for not having it, otherwise they wouldn't mention it.

As for the discussion thing, i edited my post and took that part out, who am i to say what you guys should do. But, yeah i'm free to call it elitism as much as you are free to say whether someone's account is "good" or not.

Edited by YaoiGod
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, YaoiGod said:

Sacrasm really does it for you huh.

Yeah, it's kinda in my family. 

1 minute ago, YaoiGod said:

It's an elitist thing by nature because you're telling people what makes a good account, regardless of whether you publicly say that you're beter or not because let's be honest, anyone saying don't have this game or that game thinks they are better for not having it, otherwise they wouldn't mention it.

I fail to understand how discussing your personal preferences in this hobby is an elitist thing to do. Maybe it's because the question is what makes a "good" profile and not "what's your preferred way to trophy hunt", which is how I interpreted the topic. 

• Like 1

This website has a strange mindset if a game is easy to plat then it is by default a bad game. It's why I haven't played a powgi game yet despite liking those sorts of puzzles, because I know I'll be judged.

A game I'm playing atm, music rider is very easy but it's still a fun game. 

Easy=/= bad

Edited by charxsetsuna
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Arcesius said:

Yeah, it's kinda in my family. 

I fail to understand how discussing your personal preferences in this hobby is an elitist thing to do. Maybe it's because the question is what makes a "good" profile and not "what's your preferred way to trophy hunt", which is how I interpreted the topic. 

Perhaps it is the wording, and how different people view things differently, nothing we could do about it i guess.

4 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

This website has a strange mindset if a game is easy to plat then it is by default a bad game. It's why I haven't played a powgi game yet despite liking those sorts of puzzles, because I know I'll be judged.

A game I'm playing atm, music rider is very easy but it's still a fun game. 

Easy=/= bad

It is more like how to define "easy" lol. As I know most Assassin's Creed games have a 30% plat rate, while ZOE: The 2nd Runner only has 11% plat rate, and REmake has 5% plat rate. Is ZOE 2 and REmake really that "hard" than those AC games? Probably not. I think the plat rate is more about how many ppl have a copy and how many of them have finished. It's not correlated to the difficulty of the game all the time. (Although for ACT games such as DMC4/5 and Ninja Gaiden it is always true)

1 minute ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I say we end this debate once and for all. Your account is only worth a damn if you have both Tony Hawk RIDE and Tony Hawk SHRED plats...does anyone in this thread have both those plats besides me? No...then my account is better than all of yours :P

Please don't remind me of those 2 TH games. It is one of the reason why this beatiful series died. I wish there was a good Tony Hawk game on ps4. Or Skate... damn... we used to have good skateboarding games back in the days.

• Like 1

Each answer to this question can be different. What I think a good profile is in no particular order:

• High completion percentage (100% is the goal, if not due to unobtainable trophies then then highest one can get)
  • A large number of ultra rare trophies
  • A large number of Platinum trophies
  • A large number of 100% complete games
  • A profile climbing the Leaderboard (the higher one gets the more difficult it becomes)
  • A low trophy level average
  • A variety of games played and completed
  • A profile that has a single player (no teams)
  • A profile that has region and platform stacking is fine (the games still need to be purchased and/or completed by the player so it counts)
  • A profile who assists other players by helping with boosting and creating gaming sessions through Discord/on this site to help others
  • A profile that has a high number of views (good to have exposure but this one is really not that important)
  • A profile that has no hidden games (exception: a game that was hacked by another player in a lobby with no fault of the original player. The OP has to hide game to be included on the LB) - Sucks but it happens
  • A profile that contributes to the trophy hunting community (guides created, podcast forming, video & written walkthroughs, forum activity that answers and provides assistance to fellow gamers)
  • A profile that is positive, funny, and encouraging to others on the site (There are some really cool players here on the site, but there are others who are just jerks)

Keep gaming friends!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Please don't remind me of those 2 TH games. It is one of the reason why this beatiful series died. I wish there was a good Tony Hawk game on ps4. Or Skate... damn... we used to have good skateboarding games back in the days.

I nearly broke my damn neck playing RIDE. I slipped off the board and almost hit my coffee table. I played both of them using my hands after that because it was just so unsafe to do it otherwise.

I did realize that I have not platted Tony Hawk 2 yet. The thing is back when it first came out I literally 100% the game with all gaps and levelling all characters up...I just felt the rerelease of it though to be too hard to control and just gave up on it. I should finish it one day.

Well, I personally love how my account has progressed in recent years and that's all I need to know and it's all you need to know too regarding your own profiles. Like with anything else, it's pointless to compare yourself to others and it's pointless to have an elitist attitude toward others regarding what they enjoy. Just play games and have fun, it's not a contest.

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 1

Just wanna jump back in as a follow-on from my last post - I was giving my opinion on what i think a good vs bad looking profile looks like. As in - when i go to look at it - the factors which will encourage me to keep scrolling and having a look further and those which lead me to just carry on skipping.

I'm not denouncing anyone else's approach as there is no right and wrong way of doing it (which is what makes all this super fun) - if you stack and you enjoy stacking or playing the games that tend to be involved in that meta, then more power to you if it makes you happy. I just don't find it that interesting or engaging to look at :)

1 minute ago, SlimSanta94 said:

Well, I personally love how my account has progressed in recent years and that's all I need to know and it's all you need to know too regarding your own profiles. Like with anything else, it's pointless to compare yourself to others.

Get done with Crypt already :shakefist: 

2 hours ago, Darkette said:

and to devalue the trophies you actually struggled with, don’t forget that

:).

that seems a bit biased; you could alternatively argue my SMB-esque plats apprize the trophies i didn't struggle with :giggle:

In my opinion it should have these things:

• No hidden trophies
  • Completion over 80% or higher
  • Average trophy rarity 45% or lower
  • Some rare platinums
  • A good mix between easy, medium and hard/extrem games

But to be honest it's just a hobby which includes a lot of wasted time (grind, collectibles etc.) so you shoudn't focus to hard on it. Nobody cares (not even Sony) about a random PSN Profile with thousands of virtuel icons and pngs.

I play a lot on the PC too and I'm absolutley not interested to get achievments on Steam, GoG Galaxy etc.

I wish that would be the same for me on the PlayStation.

Edited by xXAaronBroXx
  • Like 3

Like many in this thread have already said, I think pretty much all accounts are "good" in one way or another. There'll be cheaters naturally, so those are out, and I honestly just feel bad for people that fill their account with only triple stacks of crappy games that they may or may not even understand because of language differences. It's less of them having a bad account, and more me being concerned with how many times someone spent 30 bucks on the various incarnations of Steins;Gate or something. I guess it's their money, but... still.

What makes something stand out out to me though is a combination of things. 

Number of Platinums is important of course, but I think once you've reached over 40 or so you've pretty solidly reached "dedicated trophy hunter" territory. Most people don't even get one, after all. It is cool to see people with hundreds of them though, purely to see how long they've been going and what journey of gaming they've had.

Completion Percentage is one I don't put as much stock on, but when you see a high number it certainly stands out. It means they like to go out of their way to complete whatever they play, even through DLC if it has it, and I think that's pretty fun.

Rarest trophies is one I find interesting too. True, just statistically it's more likely to come from just one particularly rare game, but it's something I look at on every account I've bothered to look at anyway. I find it interesting to see if their ultra rares are spread out a lot, if they all come from some overplayed and rarely platted sports game, or what have you. 

What I like to look at most of all to find an interesting account though is the trophy cabinet. You can usually find the coolest stories there. People might have a running theme with it (maybe it's all the same name of trophy or something), maybe it's just their favorite games, maybe it's trophies they found the most difficult despite not being the rarest, whatever! It's a fun mixed bag and something I always check when I'm stalking checking out someone's profile.

But yeah, that's just my two cents. Do what you want, these are just fun things to look at.

• Like 1