Just wanted to ask, what makes a “good” PSNProfile?

No longer here

On 23.3.2020 at 3:31 PM, YaoiGod said:

Then why did you both bother replying to me if you think elitism is okay? Obviously i won't change your mind and you won't change mine if you already had a one-sided opinion ready.

Also where the FUCK did i say i am better than the casual gamer? The person i was quoting said that, did you even read what i said or just read elite and screech afterwards? Quit being triggered when you hear Elitism yet follow with "it's okay to have elitism", no one's attacking you.

Wow, calm down. I replied because firstly this is a forum and secondly because you labeled this wohle thread as elitist. Clearly meant as an offense our at least as purpose to distance yourself from statements you don't like. Than I just explained what trophy hunting means for me and parts of the community. I never stated anything about you being better than the casual gamer. I simply said that trophy hunting per se sets us apart from the "casual" gamer. On a side note, stop being rude and talking about Covid 19 being the only reason I/we reply to you.

• Like 1

On 22.03.2020 at 1:40 PM, colia100 said:

No better proof that the only one who really cares about your profile is you...

Conclusion : like most things in life, it don't mean shit. And then we all die ?

Boy, that escalated quickly.

On 22.03.2020 at 6:11 PM, Startropy X said:

If you don't have the platinum of Crypt of the Necrodancer than your profile is garbage

We'll have to rename this site to GarbageProfiles then ?

On 22.03.2020 at 6:19 PM, Deluziion90 said:

Some are UR hunters, some spam every game possible some just like big titles only.

Please someone tell me I'm not the only one who read that wrong the first time.

Personally, I'll have to agree with answers saying "People who complete games they enjoy". This mostly applies to game franchises for me. If I see a Final Fantasy fan with all FF plats, that makes me happy. Same with MGS, DMC or whatever other series. I like this kind of profiles.

If we're talking about things that impress you the most, for me the profiles that really stand out are the ones with high ultra rare trophy count. If a person has several hundred legit earned ultra rares it's cool af. Like to come across those profiles as well.

Edited by Alderriz

It's only subjective to a certain extent. There's nothing subjective about hard work and accomplishments from it. What I think makes a good profile: people playing the games they want and completing them (having a high completion with everything they have altogether, obviously), with their own skill and little to no stacks/repeats.

To elaborate, this means people who obtain any game that interest them regardless of whatever trophy collecting related obstacles there are: grind (whether it be double, triple, or quadruple digits of hours required), online (grind based to skilled based), difficulty (average to the hardest). Not letting it dictate what they play and don't play. Being able to complete various tiers of grind and difficulty, primarily by oneself1. doesn't rely on boosting for online games but instead treats it as a last resort, such as when online is nearly dead; 2. doesn't rely on other people to make their experience much easier by giving them powerful/rare items, such as is possible in Fromsoft's Soul and Gearbox Software's Borderlands series; and 3. doesn't ever have anyone do the work for them, whether it be through shareplay, account sharing, or passing the controller to a irl person)through nothing but motivation, determination, and skill, for any game, is an objective, undeniable act of productivity and competence. For completion, outside a few exceptions with past games on the profile, a high completion reflects a consistency in skill... and it shows a higher level of mastery and skill than just the mere possession of a platinum. Completion—games and series (because of the recent site update)—itself is relevant due to being a core profile feature.

Generally, high completion, completed series, high number of platinums, no stacks (which is.. ultra rare), and things like that doesn't always equate with a good profile. High completion can be linked with Ratalaika games, Telltale games, generally easy games, like My Name is Mayo and Milo's Quest, and multiple stacks, including a combination of the aforementioned. Completed series can consist of easy ones, like Sly Cooper, The Walking Dead, Life is Strange, Spyro, etc. High number of platinums can come from the various number of easy trophy list based games that exist, and it can easily be controlled by limited selection. Stacks... that just speaks for itself. All that and other things has to and is not, being taken into consideration. 

• 3 years later...

Well, it's pretty subjective really.  I suppose it's all in the eyes of the beholder.  For me, I would say, at the very least, a majority of the games on one's profile should be platinumed and/or 100% with 80% to 85% completion being really nice to see.  I'm not there yet, but I will be.  By the same token, when I see 98% or more for a completion rate....hey, to each his/her own, but that never looks fun to me.  It just looks like the person is taking this way too seriously and making it a job.  Sure, it's impressive, but it just doesn't come across as looking fun to maintain that.  But that's just me.  Again, different strokes, different folks.  The real determinant for me is shovelware.  They are not video GAMES.  You do not play them.  They are shovelware.  Now, I'm pretty sure almost everyone has the My Name is Mayos on their profile.  I have the double stack.  A lot of people have those because it was the first "game" to do that and it was a novelty and it was kinda funny.  The absolute absurdity of it at the time was quite funny.  However, in my opinion, that's something you only do once or twice, MAYBE a handful of times.  More than that and it's like 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️.  If I see a ton of shovelware, I just look away.  In summation, I see a profile with 80% to 90% completion (80% at least) and a lot of blue (platinum) and green (100%) and they are all real games (not shovelware) with varying degrees of difficulty (they don't all have to be 8 to 10 out of 10s) then that to me is a nice profile of a real gamer/trophy hunter and someone who is having fun with the hobby. 

27 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

This thread was a fun little read through....

....always interesting to see the plethora of unique reasons that different people think my profile is shite 😂

🤣🤣😅😅 Blood, who are the knuckeleads saying your profile is shite?  96% and you've got some tough plats there.  I spied Cuphead.  Didn't see any shovelware.  I mean for real, bro? 🤷‍♂️ Or is this just self deprecation for the sake of humor?  I always say self deprecation is always funny.  Rodney Dangerfield made an entire career and fortune with that.  Likewise, self aggrandizement is never funny.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Spider-Man916 said:

🤣😅😅 Blood, who are the knuckeleads saying your profile is shite?  96% and you've got some tough plats there.  I spied Cuphead.  Didn't see any shovelware.  I mean for real, bro? 🤷‍♂️ Or is this just self deprecation for the sake of humor?  I always say self deprecation is always funny.  Rodney Dangerfield made an entire career and fortune with that.  Likewise, self aggrandizement is never funny.

Oh, some healthy self deprecation of course - I'm perfectly comfortable with my profile, and happy with my gaming!

I always just find it fun to see what some folks will say makes for a bad profile, and just quietly go through the list, going "yup...yup....yup..." 🤣

"More plats that URs?"  Check 

"Sound Shapes stacks?"  Check  

"Duplicate games?" Check   

"Ratalaika games?" Check   

"Under 100% Complete?" Check   

"Average rarity over 40%?" Check   

"Stuck with trophy lists you have no intention of going back to? Check   Check   Check  🤪 

I read through this thread, and I'm like.... "uh oh"....🤣

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Haha 1

You and me both!

25 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

"Duplicate games?" Check   

"Ratalaika games?" Check   

"Stuck with trophy lists you have no intention of going back to? Check   Check   Check  🤪

Haha, you and me both! Oh well, the day you start caring about what the internets think of your profile more than what you yourself think of it is the day you start down a very slippery slope.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Oh, some healthy self deprecation of course - I'm perfectly comfortable with my profile, and happy with my gaming!

I always just find it fun to see what some folks will say makes for a bad profile, and just quietly go through the list, going "yup...yup....yup..." 🤣

"Duplicate games?" Check   

"Ratalaika games?" Check   

Gotcha!😎👍💯 Well, now I'm looking at your checklist and damn!  I'm guilty of quite a few of those. Lol Oh well, I guess we all have a different idea of what a nice profile is and what isn't.  All good.  I make a point to avoid the shovelware anyway.  And I'm working on my completion percentage.  When I came back from my 2 1/2 year haitus from gaming back in January of 2021, my completion percentage was at....68%, 69%.  I'm at 76% now so I'm making strides.  Slow and steady. 

4 minutes ago, visighost said:

You and me both!

Haha, you and me both! Oh well, the day you start caring about what the internets think of your profile more than what you yourself think of it is the day you start down a very slippery slope.

Agreed.💯

• Like 1

For me, in my opinion, and totally according to what I think, in my head, which belongs to me, and not others, I think a good PSN profile is one that accumulates as many trophies as possible, in whatever form the player decides subjectively is best for them, and not necessarily for others.

As someone who chases the leaderboard, it’s pretty fun peaking at profiles around me in the ranks and seeing what they played, to see if I can do it and get an edge in rank (especially considering these games have gotten ‘harder’ as of late in the market). A lot of high ranked accounts I run into have a balance of URs and shovelware, they just play anything and everything. I think those profiles are “good”. You don’t have to think that. But I do, in my head, which belongs to me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I know from my perspective that my profile is frankly... shit. But since coming away from my "ez plat" days, I've focused on games I want to play and increased my UR trophy count by quite some measure, but I'd just say anyone who has fun and enjoys their games, those people have the good accounts. 

• Like 3