Borderlands 2 coming to Vita

Goro

I'll be interested to see gameplay. If it keep the look of the game and has smooth gameplay I'll pick it up for sure. If it it way too watered down and just a cash in on the Borderlands name (which I fear may be the case) I'll wait for a PS3 version with all the DLC. 

Parker

• Like 1

I'm a bit concerned. Hyped and all, but if it DOES cross-save, I'm a bit worried as my boyfriend bought the season pass on his account on my PS3 (as we share the PS3) and we know what the Vita's stance on multiple accounts are, so I won't be able to download the season pass on the Vita if that's the case...but my Axton is in a DLC area and has DLC faces and outfits. :/ I guess I'll have to start a new save on the Vita I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming that this would be a BL2 port, I don't really see this title supporting cross saves with the PS3 as there's a lot of information to not only sync but also to account for. The Vita is powerful but, from my experience, it doesn't necessarily match the output of the PS3 (more in terms of game complexity than graphical fidelity) and trying to import quests, DLC, weapons, challenges, progress...it becomes a lot. Look at all of the other cross save titles and you can get an idea of how simple these saves must be to work.

I'm also highly doubtful that this will be a full port of BL2. That would be great, don't get me wrong, but it just seems like a huge step that I'm not sure the Vita can take. Just imagine the touch controls... Ugh. Something similar but different enough to work on the Vita is probably what we'll get. Maybe along the lines of the Uncharted game.

• Like 1