Best coop game ever played ?

DEMONS--HOWLS

So many to choose from. I love a good couch co-op game, always play with my brother and sister (if it's 3 player co-op).

Can't pick one favorite, so I'll just list some of the fun ones.

-Borderlands

-Streets of Rage

-Golden Axe

-Little Big Planet

-Dragon's Crown

-Terreria

-Destroy All Humans

-Ratchet Deadlocked

-Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Revelations 1 was great online co-op too)

-Resident Evil 5

-Resident Evil 6 Mercenaries Mode (campaign sucked)

-Bauldr's Gate: Dark Alliance

-Left 4 Dead

-Marvel Ultimate Alliance

-X-Men Legends

-Diablo 3

• Like 1

X-Men Legends is definitely up there for me. I'm still waiting on an X-Men Legends 3 but it's not going to happen given Marvel Ultimate Alliance exists now. Aside from that I think Timesplitters 3 was a great co-op game. Fun story, fun characters, just a good game. Resistance Fall of Man is also up there.

If you want to talk multiplayer games then Tiger Woods and Worms are my favourite. Tiger because it's just a super casual game and easy to pick up, and Worms because it's just an all round fun game

• 8 months later...

For me, my #1 co-op game of all time is one that hasn't yet been mentioned in this thread (and it's often overlooked by everyone, everywhere, all the time)... Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

Also really enjoyed Dead Space 3, Terraria, LittleBigPlanet (series), and (solely for its co-op) Resident Evil 5.

Can't believe no one mentioned Dungeon Defenders... Such a fun game.

Other then that it's a toss up between...

Borderlands 2 - I've put about 1400 hours into that game, no joke, and a large chunk of that was co op with my buddy.

Mass Effect 3 - Easily my favorite multiplayer of all time. Not a lot of my friends play it though so I never really got the co op vibe from it even though it was.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker was my favorite co-op game back when the servers weren't terrible.

Fighting tanks and giant bosses with three other players while we're screaming HAIDARA at each other doesn't get old very quickly.

I played tons of co-op in Dark Souls as well, mostly to protect other players from twinkers. 

• Like 1