What's your least favorite platinum?

GilgaMax305

Sly 2: Band of Thieves 

sly%202%20band%20of%20thieves.png

I just don't find it as fun as the first game or the third game, it runs on a tad long too. Overall though I still enjoyed it and my least favorite could change when I obtain more platinums. Doesn't help that all three Sly Cooper games have the same platinum image.

Edited by Ashe

• 1 year later...

Pretty much simple here...Just post your least favorite platinum and why   :)

My least favorite is The Walking Dead, mainly because it takes no skill what so ever, but I just wanted to boost up my platinum count :)

Personally I think they were really lazy with the plat image, I mean...it's WAY too simple xD

1Sa2891b.png

The Walking Dead

Gonna have to agree with this guy!

CSI Fatal Conspiracy was mine. I blew through it with a trophy guide the whole way. I was in a trophy competition at the time and it was fast points for my team. I've always wondered how I would have liked it had I actually played the game, but as I just had it spoon fed to me by my own hand, I'll never know. Definately my worst plat in my list.

Took a while to find my answer, but i'm going to have to say The Walking Dead. The game itself is fine, it's a great and enjoyable game. The issue.. or issues are the entirely unoriginal trophy image - it actually uses the platinum trophy itself as the platinum trophy image - the title of the platinum trophy while isn't also as generic as the image and some other game's platinum trophy's title where they are called "platinum trophy" or "platinum," it suffers from the next worst thing - sharing the same name as the actual game itself - and lastly, the difficulty is entirely way too easy - you get the platinum by simply beating the game.. nothing is miss-able, there are no chapter selects required at all for any of the trophies, and there are no trophies related to parallel or alternate storyline events (in a choice heavy game), unlike most of other choice making games like Heavy Rain, Beyond 2 Souls, and even Telltales' immediate next IP after TWD, The Wolf Among Us.

The Wolf Among Us actually did a better job with the trophy list, having not only the requirement of a player to replay a chapter to get different events compared to their original playthrough to unlock a piece of something related to a trophy.. for every chapter, but you also do not get the platinum from simply beating the game, and it can be a challenge to get the platinum without a guide without serious noting and repetitive trial and error (which is also why I would never give TWAU an 1/10. 1.5 or 1.2/1.3/1.4 makes more sense, imo, especially in comparison to TWD).

I preferred the gameplay of Sly 1 as well. Didn't like the whole idea of an overworld that you do missions in. Jak went the same direction, unfortunately.

Sly 4 though, that game is amazing and it was a blast exploring the overworld for treasures and/or bottles. Only bad part about Sly 4 in my opinion were the load times, but I beat Sonic 06. I can handle any load time now lol.

Technically, Jak's first game (The Precursor Legacy) was already an open-world game, and the concept for missions had you going around the world talking to people to get the missions, travel to that area and complete it, then go back to them for the reward and confirmation. What different was it in the sequels?? (The only difference was the transportation playing a bigger part - partly burrowed from how fun it was in the first game and altered a bit for the mature world in Jak's sequels - partly inspired from Grand Thef Auto - but then again, this is only relevant to the main hub world as the main vehicles were not use-able in the mission areas, precisely like the first game. Additionally, with this concept (of more usage of transportation.. in a bigger world) came the expansion of the already established open world.. because vehicles are unnecessary if you can get from point A to point B in a very short amount of time. It was only super long when you had to travel all the way to the racing stadium area from other locations farther out across the map. Excluding that (race stadium) area and part of the city that it resides in, traveling everywhere else in the main open world wasn't bad, especially in Jak 3.)

All 3 games are more similar than they are claimed to be. The concept between all the games are the same at their core, especially the sub areas where the missions take place. There is nothing different about going from Haven City to Haven Forest (in Jak II or Jak 3) Vs going from Sandover Village to the Precursor Basin or any other area (in JaD:TPL). The only things the sequels changed was the tone (a bit.. as Jak would legitimately check out Keira's ass during cut-scenes and game-play.. in the first game, and the center of the story was focused around a dark substance and dark characters wanting to destroy the world and fill it with dark things.. in the first game), atmosphere (similar to tone but the atom changed more than "a bit"), the gameplay a tad bit (really cosmetics as the main element was still eco, just used via a gun this time instead of the body, excluding Dark Jak), and less platforming.. but not as much as is claimed (still plenty of platforming.. the first 2 sub areas you visit prove this). That's 4 whole things, yes, but the changes aren't as significant as are claimed and believed.

Edited by Mar

LOL, was it because of those "TIMED Trials" trophies :( ?!?

No it was only because this game was THE WORST thing I ever play. The servers where bad. The gameplay was awful. The locations were shit. Getting level 30 was the worst grind of my life and I'm 400hours into Hustle King.