PS Store unable to be accessed via PS3?

TheUnkerKarcus

2 hours ago, XypherVG said:

As per title, a bit late to the party, but have they taken the store offline?

Everytime I try to get on, it signs me out

A common solution for ps3 store errors is to delete the application. Once you want to go into the store again you simply have to reinstall an update and it should be fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, westersburg said:

A common solution for ps3 store errors is to delete the application. Once you want to go into the store again you simply have to reinstall an update and it should be fine.

Okay, so I tried doing this but it doesn't work. Deleted, reinstalled to version 1.28 and started it up. Came to the grey loading screen with the PS Store icon and the loading bar underneath it and it gave a notificatoin "You have been signed out of PSN, please sign in again", after which the PS3 system hung and rebooted itself. 

After restarting the console, same thing, unable to get on hte PS Store.

An alternate way of doing it is via the desktop. You could queue your downloads and restart the console. Few seconds after restarting, a notifce would come up and say that "you have contents being donwloaded, please wait."

Also access to the PS Store via ingame options, such as that in Metro: Last Light, is still possible for some reason

11 minutes ago, Top-Lad-Luke said:

Just because you don't have an issue, that doesn't make it fake news. 

People, it's corona time! Hundreds of millions of people are at home. Online services of all kinds are under extreme stress during this time. Ever considered this to be a reason for certain anomalies? No? Why not? Too lazy to think for yourself? Yeah, let's open more pointless threads like this. As if this would solve any issues. 

The current situation really shows how stupid many people are. Sad but true.

Edited by Santa

You should try accessing your download list on account manager. It's way faster than loading the app and accessing download list on it. If account manager works, you can use the website on a PC or Mac, or PS App on your phone to make purchases.

• Like 1

In my opinion, Sony would make an awful mistake by shutting down PSstore on PS3. Many people are still playing PS3 & buying games/add-ons/avatars from PSstore. I know it'll happen eventually, but I hope, not any time soon.

Just checked: Both Croatian & UK PSstores are working fine.

Edited by kenseizenkai

The PS3 Store is working here in Australia, mind you it runs like crap and it crashes after excessive use especially when using the search function. Nothing out of the ordinary really, at least from my experiences with the last-gen PlayStation Store...

PS3 can still access the store but it's very slow and will crash if you're on it for any length of time. I've long given up on it.
If you want to buy stuff for PS3, your best bet is to shop on the store through a web browser on your computer. Sometimes download queue list doesn't work so next time I turn on my PS3 I go through my download list/purchase history and access and download my recent purchases that way.

Edited by Seraphim_Rez

I've owned three ps3's (still have two of them) and never had any trouble with accessing the store except for it being slow as fuck for the past 5 years. 

On the other hand, I've had the wifi card crap out (so no WiFi or wireless controller functionality) on all three of them and had to replace them. The world works in strange ways. 

Hey sup guys, okay so the latest here, I've tried reinstalling and trying that power cord unplug reset method. Neither of them worked. Tried to sign on at least twice a day since posting this. 

A bit more luck today. I got to the screen with the blue background -  the one with PlayStatoin Store on the top left and next to it is the Search Bar and Cart. No items are loading though, and after about 5 to 6 minutes, it signs me out of PSN. After which, the system hangs and resets itself about 10% of the time. I think it might be a hardware issue of some sort. In anycase, this would be the first time I've had issues with PS Store on the PS3. 

Alternative method via website still works for me though

Edited by XypherVG

10 hours ago, XypherVG said:

Hey sup guys, okay so the latest here, I've tried reinstalling and trying that power cord unplug reset method. Neither of them worked. Tried to sign on at least twice a day since posting this. 

A bit more luck today. I got to the screen with the blue background -  the one with PlayStatoin Store on the top left and next to it is the Search Bar and Cart. No items are loading though, and after about 5 to 6 minutes, it signs me out of PSN. After which, the system hangs and resets itself about 10% of the time. I think it might be a hardware issue of some sort. In anycase, this would be the first time I've had issues with PS Store on the PS3. 

Alternative method via website still works for me though

perhaps your internet is the problem. maybe reseting your internet might help, or a wired connection over wifi.