Call of Duty: WWII Is Part of June PS+ Lineup

Aranea Highwind

5 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Great, I'll play the Story Mode and can experience how the USA won the 2.World War against us alone.

An American game developer focuses on the American experience in WWII. Shocker.

And almost every Call of Duty game has featured the other allied nations so what exactly are you even talking about

Edited by majob

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

I also have owned since it came out and just installed and started playing Spider-Man two weeks ago, but I’d still be happy for everyone else who has Plus to play what has been a good game. 

I actually purchased it last year, because i'm a casual Spider-Man fan and took the patient approach to wait for a good sale or a GOTY-like edition, which I have, and now that will prove to have been mostly redundant if MSM is one of the select titles. The GOTYE and the base game especially have gone on sale a good amount of times for $15-20, which is simply cheap. Anyone can say that for any game, though. Why can't others and myself be happy, together? It's on you if you don't mind your money going to waste, but part of why I pay for PS+ is to gain access to titles that I for whatever reason didn't get, not to see other people happy with game titles I already have or played. 

Edited by EcoShifter

1 hour ago, Babsimabuse said:

Why available at May 26.? Normally June 2nd.

Shoulda been today. "Memorial Day"..oh well at least its a day late.

This would actually make sense. If we count Spiderman, that's 2 big games you need DLC for to 100%, so they can squeeze extra money out of trophy hunters and completionists. Not to mention, it's likely a lot of people already have at least 1 of them (I personally don't have any), so it's not like they are giving up that much.

19 minutes ago, SinisterPledge said:

No German campaign, no buy download.

What is a WW2 game without killing American Schweinhunde invading the glorious Vaterland.

I'd actually kill for a good WWII game based on the German experience. Das Boot is one of my favorite movies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VigilantCrow said:

Keep your expectations low and you're never disappointed.

Another brainless game on PSPlus. Here's to July pushing something worth playing, maybe some sort of strategy game.

A game with mass appeal is always the smart move and it's in tune with Memorial Day.

• Like 1

Just now, VigilantCrow said:

I don't disagree, doesn't mean I'm not able to criticize the choice.

Never said you couldn't but calling it a brainless game is the farthest thing from the truth. You can't deny the franchise's popularity and it's the perfect release for the holiday

• Like 1

Can’t stress how much I hated WWII, it’s the worst game on my whole list. The good thing is I need one trophy still but my son scratched the disc so I guess it helps me. 

Spider-Man is a quality game though, tedious 100% but still a decent game.

I mean if we still get two decent/unique games for plus i wont really be bothered. 

However i swear we've already a coupla free CoDs in the last 2 years (timescale might be a little out). And as far as im concerned its tripe. Same old same old. 

But the masses love it so i guess i can see why theyre doing it, especially if its a bonus.

War.........CoD.........Yeah........What is it good for?   ?

Absolutely nothing! (Well free for a month or so)  ?

Edited by punkshepherd
The alligators made me do it

1 minute ago, xDevilizer said:

Which is happening to be today not tomorrow.

Plus games been garbage for long time already.

It doesn't have to be the day of, especially when it's available for the week

5 minutes ago, VigilantCrow said:

I can definitely justify calling it a brainless game if you want to go down that road. Zero innovation, recycled character tropes, an over reliance of brand loyalty etc.

Of course the series is popular, the marketing budget is insane. 

You're confusing your personal feelings with marketing and good marketing doesn't necessarily make for a popular franchise. You have to have a decent product at the end of the day regardless of how well you pitch it. Call of Duty has been a top franchise almost 20 years running now and not only does it have brand loyalty but its casual appeal is probably only bested by Grand Theft Auto. The series is practically a household name, it doesn't need brand loyalty.