Should I buy PSVR Now?

OverHypedG

Now it is on sale for days of play...I would like to play ironman once he is out next month and also blood and truth...but what do you think? Will sony announce new VR also maybe? I dont want to buy now and then see that new one is coming this year :D

I will answer with an other question : Do you plan to get a PS5 fast ?

I think there will be a new VR headset with PS5 (maybe not day-one with PS5 ... but should come pretty fast)

So if you plan to get a PS5 day-one (or close to it), maybe you can wait an other year to get one ! (if you can't afford this one and the next one when it will come out)

If you are good with PS4 for now, and will wait for a lower price for PS5, then you will have plenty of time to enjoy current PSVR, and you should go for it ^^

• Like 1

I bought it a year ago on days of play. I would wait for next and better version, because there is not so many good games for it. I quess it's also sale on next year and so on. If you have opportunity to test it before buying, test it.

If you ask me then no, it's not worth it. Too little games to justify the purchase. But then again, I live in a country where you have to save up like 70% of your salary if you're fresh out of college, to buy a PS4 Pro or PS VR.

@Rakinho993

If you can afford the vr headset + a few good games and are content with it being useful and fun for a up to a year, go for it.

On the other hand, I expect it to be old tech very quickly.

I bet a new vr kit that takes advantage of the PS5 will be a big leap forward in terms of the quality of future vr games, both visualy and in the terms of controls.

For this two reasons I rather wait and see what the near future will offer.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior

1 hour ago, seblegamer said:

I will answer with an other question : Do you plan to get a PS5 fast ?

I think there will be a new VR headset with PS5 (maybe not day-one with PS5 ... but should come pretty fast)

So if you plan to get a PS5 day-one (or close to it), maybe you can wait an other year to get one ! (if you can't afford this one and the next one when it will come out)

If you are good with PS4 for now, and will wait for a lower price for PS5, then you will have plenty of time to enjoy current PSVR, and you should go for it ^^

Yeah I am going to get PS5 day one. Thanks Guys, I think I am gonna go for it!

1 hour ago, Rakinho993 said:

Now it is on sale for days of play...I would like to play ironman once he is out next month and also blood and truth...but what do you think? Will sony announce new VR also maybe? I dont want to buy now and then see that new one is coming this year :D

Im guessing by your first sentence you didnt want to pay full price for it so even if a new one came out soon im guessing you wont want to pay full price for that one either, plus it will probs cost more than the current gen one did on release.

So yeah i would get it. A decent catalogue of games out for it now

• Like 1

If you have the extra cash, why not? I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it lol. 

There are plenty of fun games on VR to justify a nice price decrease buy and we all know soon as you dont buy it and the price resets to normal they will announce ten games you will wanna play. 

I love the VR but I'll admit games like VR Worlds really made me feel sick that danger ball made me wanna throw the VR head set across the room but luckily I was to dizzy to formulate which way was the wall. 

Other games dont bother me at all. Flip of a coin I suppose. 

As far as I can tell, Sony is going to wait a while for the VR 2 so as to not overwhelm customers. That being said, there's tons of fantastic PSVR games already, and I think it's cheap enough to warrant the price, even if you replace it in a few years. Highly recommend trying RIGS, Astrobot, Driveclub VR (if you can get a physical copy)... Blood and Truth is also fantastic.

• Like 1

if you go for it, take the megapack with 5!games in it! make sure to take your time with the setup process, watch some yt videos to guide you through the initial stuff. it's absolutlely amazing when everything is working just as it should. my first VR experience was battlefront xwing mission, which is a free addon, and it's AWESOME!

If higher quality games like Superhot VR catch your eye then I highly recommend it. Bare in mind a lot of the games currently out for it are low budget indie titles so don’t be surprised if you find yourself playing a game for 5 or so hours before dropping it.