Currently Playing?

ROBOCRIPPLE_

Namco Museum Archives Vol 2 - Several Namco Famicom/NES games. Gaplus, a fixed-screen space shooter, is my favorite of this compilation. The rest of NMAv2 is a mixed bag. Famicom Pac-Land has terrible graphics and the control is a bit wonky... I'd rather get out my Vita and play the PS1 version from the original Namco Museum. Battle City is a good tank game. Dragon Buster II is rather dull. Legacy of the Wizard is a pleasant surprise- it's Falcom's Dragon Slayer 4.

Hidden Through Time. Picked up Shadow of War from PS Plus and saw that the season pass was reduced. Put on a PSN top up, got it and, as SoW was a way off from finishing downloading, I had a look at the indie sale to see if there was anything that took my fancy.

Saw Hidden and, having looked at the screenshots, it gave me a big bang of childhood nostalgia when I'd get Where's Wally books out of the library. As a little time sink, it's doing the job just fine.

Only have had to cheat and look an item location online once so far.

Still been juggling between a bunch of games at once, like I've mostly been doing this year. I actually quite like it, it keeps things fresh and prevents me from getting bored with just one game. Do kinda wish I could get heavily invested into one game like I have done before in the past though, but I haven't really played anything this year that really grips me like that.

Anyway, currently I've been playing:

Steins;Gate: Linear Bounded Phenogram - Only PS4 game I've ever played that doesn't have trophies. Been reading it pretty slowly, some of the stories/routes are a little boring tbh

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony - I was debating which version of this game to play. The PSP version is the only version that's ever released here in Europe, and the only way I could play it "legally" since I could still buy it digitally on PSN. I decided to go for this version since it's apparently a more "true" translation, but my God is it insanely easy to the point this game is honestly kinda boring.

Harvest Moon (SNES) - Always been a fan of Harvest Moon but have never played the original. It's enjoyable but now that I'm in the final year, it's honestly really boring since there's really nothing else to achieve at this point, but that's kind of just how every HM game goes in my experience.

Lost Dimension - Only just started this. Really not sure what to think of it, the story so far makes me feel like I've started watching an anime halfway in. The voice acting is atrocious, wish there was a Japanese audio option. Gameplay is alright, but not really my preferred TRPG style.

SMT III: Nocturne - Yeah, decided to start the PS2 version even though there's a remaster coming out. They actually announced the remaster just when I was thinking of finally starting it, then decided to just start it anyway a few weeks later. This kind of thing tends to happen fairly often to me for some recent, was gonna start Tokyo Mirage Sessions on my Wii U a few days before they announced the enhanced Switch version, as one other example of many.

Dragon Quest IV (DS) - Actually replaying this, I originally played it when the DS version came out back in 2008. I remember I got super addicted to this when I like 13, but playing it now, while it is still enjoyable, it just feels way too grindy at times. I'm also baffled how I managed to get through this game without any guide/walkthrough back in the day, 'cause I've gotten stumped on what to do a few times now and I'm only on chapter 3. I'm playing the exact same cart I've had for the past 12 years, and I'm a little shocked I only ever used one save file back then. Definitely not something I'd do nowadays with a JRPG, I always rotate between 2 save files minimum if the games allows me.

XIII (PS4/PC) - I'm sad to say the PS4 version is currently marred by some nagging technical issues... glitches, lousy framerate (even on a PS4 Pro), and crashing. A remake of a PS2 game shouldn't be running so poorly. But the PC version is running alright for me. I'll come back to the PS4 one when it gets some much needed TLC from the devs.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

Hollow Knight

Never expected to like it this much but it's an incredible game! Challenging, thrilling and most of all it looks beautiful. Though the trophies are a true pain (and I'm not even in the hard part yet) I'm determined to get Platinum for this game and buy Silksong once it releases! One of the better games I've played in many years.

Dead by Daylight

Casual playing it with a friend. Trying for the platinum but some trophies are near impossible so I just ignore them for the most time. 

• 4 weeks later...

Serious Sam 4 (PC)

Finished it on the normal difficulty. Dual wielding is a great addition to this FPS series. Once you've equipped the skill, you can wield two different weapons at one time- like a minigun and a cannon, or a rocket launcher and an automatic shotgun. The GOG and Steam versions don't have any difficulty specific trophies, and I'm sure the PS4 version will be the same except for the platinum.

I'm playing many games at the moment. Started Dragon Quest XI S on PC last night and so far it seems like a nice game (just left Heliodor). Cute cats and all like this little fellow here. 

1b16b2d33dbfd886b9e3ed185cded11827116dc4.jpg

I'm also in the middle of Kirby: Triple Deluxe on 3DS, which is a very entertaining package with clever game design.

Beat the story mode of Mr. DRILLER DrillLand on Switch a few days ago but I'm continuing with the attractions, just unlocked lv 3 difficulty for them. Such a fun game with various different game modes. 

On the weekends I play some Tetris Effect: Connected on PC. 

I occasionally grind some levels and skill points in Octopath Traveler on Switch. Fantastic and beautiful game with captivating job and battle systems. I really love the visuals, music and the characters' individual stories that form a grander scheme. Completed everything except this one last side quest where I'm battling the real final boss and where I got stuck. Wasn't expecting such a difficulty spike so now I'm back to leveling some more and re-evaluating my strategy. 

Then there's daily Fitness Boxing on Switch, been playing the demo for Fitness Boxing 2 occasionally as well. 

And because I'm a picross addict these days I have to have a daily dose of Pokémon Picross or Picross e7 on 3DS. The touch screen is like made for games like these. 

Soon planning to move on to AI: The Somnium Files on Switch. Unless something else catches my attention before that.

• 2 weeks later...

Main SP: Cyberpunk 2077

Time Killer: Slay the Spire

Main MP: The Forest

Side MP: Rogue Company

Apex Legends

Godfall

Next Title Plans: Immortals Fenyx Rising

Anticipated Release: Yakuza Like a Dragon (PS5 Upgrade)

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 2

Soul Calibur 6. It's a great game, and the loading times aren't nearly as invasive as Tekken 7, which is an added bonus. I'm not as flashy as I was back in Soul Calibur IV - I think they nerfed Kilik, my main - but overall, I'm happy. Plenty of single-player content to get through, which is exactly what I'm looking for right now.

Also WRC 6. I know a lot of people have a problem with the grindiness of this game, but again, it's just what I'm looking for right now. Just something to fire up and rack up some miles in my downtime, without having to think too hard. I also really like the driving model, and some of the stages look stunning, if not exactly cutting-edge.

• 2 weeks later...

Lords of the Fallen

Finishing up the DLC before heading to the final boss and getting 100% on the DLC trophies. Then onward to NG+ and NG++/ NG after that and the platinum will be mine!

Monster Hunter World

Casually playing it in between Lords of the Fallen. I used to play it with a friend but since he can't stop playing it he's way ahead of me now. He's getting annoying and brags about being better than me while I ignore Monster hunter and play Lords 9/10 times according to him. Also he says he doesn't give a damn about trophies yet every time he gets one he laughs at my for having it before me. But yeah.... Monster Hunter! :P

• Like 1