When did you first pop your playstation cherry ?

andyb712

I bought a PS1 around 2000 along with Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid, and a couple other forgettable games. I ended up selling it a year later to a friend because I was living a very portable lifestyle at the time and a game console wasn't very portable. I didn't touch another Playstation until 2007 when I met the girl that became my wife later and she had a PS2 and a PS3.

Holiday Season 1995

First game I played for it was Twisted Metal. I've been a fan ever since. In fact since 1995 I've only owned one console or handheld that wasn't a PlayStation. I had a Dreamcast up until the PS2 Launch, but I traded that in due to a lack of games I was Interested in. 

I was 6 or 7 when I got my first playstation. My first game however I don't recall maybe Jurassic World. 

I do have a picture of me playing my playstation one I would show you it, but sadly I don't know how the hell to get one of those things where

you put old pictures on the computer lol. Taking a picture of a picture is dumb.  So yeah... lol. 

Had my cherry popped with Resident Evil in 1996.

resident_evil1_zps85294c1c.jpg

Man, I loved that game back in the day. The graphics were amazing, the atmosphere gripping, the voice acting....well, in a league of its own. And the overacted intro still is superbly cheesy  :ninja:

Those were the days when zombies (and dogs) were actually scary, especially the very first encounter with the undead made me panic big time!

Played this game countless times until the even better RE 2 came along. Almost became a Jill Sandwich a couple of times too many...

Edited by Ala-Arska

PS1 in 95, either Tekken or Destruction Derby were the first games I played on it.

Thanks for replying to my thread it means a lot especially after my altercation with you when we first met this just proves what a stand up guy you are

Probably Driver on psone...jesus, I think it took me over an hour to get out of the garage bit right at the start of the game!

I know exactly which bit you mean mate probably the last bit where you had to do perfect drifting in and out the concrete support pillars holding up the garage i remember because im pretty sure it was the first game i played when i bought my first playstation die hard was first only played that on the job with my dad though

To everyone else who has replied to my thread many thanks its been great reading everyone's stories please keep the replies coming :yay:

Edited by andyb712
  • Like 2

So why reply why not just ignore the thread if your not interested its not like i was asking for your home address and credit card details why so defensive ?

Jet ski riders mate i remember it fondly good times indeed awesome game another that needs a hd remaster

It's funny how you made a sarcastic reference, but then you don't understand mine, but yeah, what xzero said...

It's funny how you made a sarcastic reference, but then you don't understand mine, but yeah, what xzero said...

Ok mate fair enough my bad i suppose i should be thankful either way you did help get the thread off the ground lol i never meant anyhing nasty by my comment i was just stating an observation that was all i apologise if i offended you