[NA] Hidden Gems Sale | Ends 9/10 12AM PST

Neocarleen

12 hours ago, Herr Hieb said:

Can anyone point out the actual hidden gems here. Don't think Rata games count?

The "true" hidden gem is actually on another sale. It is Mark of the Ninja: Remastered.

I might buy Ruiner from this sale since I need some cyberpunk madness. :)

• Like 2

On 8/26/2020 at 2:10 PM, Kittet3 said:

I love "My Big Sister" and "Just Ignore Them" - 10/10 would recommend. They are both creepy pixel horror stories with a few puzzles throughout.

I think I'm going to get "Red Bow" since that seems to be in the same vein. 

Picked up Just Ignore Them based on your recommend and am quite enjoying it. I actually thought it would just be a Night at Freddies rip off but it is quite neat so far. I am on the plane right now so intrigued with what will happen next.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 5:34 PM, Herr Hieb said:

Can anyone point out the actual hidden gems here. Don't think Rata games count?

A long-but-shorter-than-the-whole-thing list of games in there that I really enjoyed (really, really enjoyed are bolded):

11-11, Banner Saga, Black the Fall, Blackwood Crossing, Chicken Assassin, Creature in the Well, Enter the Gungeon, Expand, Fenix Furia, Forgotton Anne, Get Even, Gris, Guacamelee, Guns, Gore and Cannoli, Hatoful Boyfriend, Hidden Through Time, Journey, King's Quest, Little Nightmares, LocoRoco, Melbits World, Ovivo, Patapon, Pato Box, Planet Alpha, Riddled Corpses EX, Seasons after Fall, Snakeybus, Solo: Islands of the Heart, State of Anarchy, The Adventure Pals, The Count Lucanor, The Messenger, The Mooseman, The Savior's Gang, Thomas Was Alone, Unbox, Virginia, Xenon Valkyrie, Yoku's Island Express, Yomawari

I think I've picked up 40 games from the sale... Building a backlog of short games, but also really looking forward to Ara Fell, Kentucky Route Zero, Skelattack, and Underhero.

Edited by visighost
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, visighost said:

A long-but-shorter-than-the-whole-thing list of games in there that I really enjoyed (really, really enjoyed are bolded):

11-11, Banner Saga, Black the Fall, Blackwood Crossing, Chicken Assassin, Creature in the Well, Enter the Gungeon, Expand, Fenix Furia, Forgotton Anne, Get Even, Gris, Guacamelee, Guns, Gore and Cannoli, Hatoful Boyfriend, Hidden Through Time, Journey, King's Quest, Little Nightmares, LocoRoco, Melbits World, Ovivo, Patapon, Pato Box, Planet Alpha, Riddled Corpses EX, Seasons after Fall, Snakeybus, Solo: Islands of the Heart, State of Anarchy, The Adventure Pals, The Count Lucanor, The Messenger, The Mooseman, The Savior's Gang, Thomas Was Alone, Unbox, Virginia, Xenon Valkyrie, Yoku's Island Express, Yomawari

I think I've picked up 40 games from the sale... Building a backlog of short games, but also really looking forward to Ara Fell, Kentucky Route Zero, Skelattack, and Underhero.

I will second Guacamelee, Hatoful and Little Nightmares being fantastic. Banner Saga is one I've been interested since I saw it on steam ages ago so I might have to get that since you clearly have good taste.

Just now, Hisuiryu666 said:

I will second Guacamelee, Hatoful and Little Nightmares being fantastic. Banner Saga is one I've been interested since I saw it on steam ages ago so I might have to get that since you clearly have good taste.

Ha! Not sure about the taste, but Banner Saga has amazing art, great music (from Austin Wintory, who also did Journey's), and an engaging, human story. Trophy-wise, though, it's no walk in the park. I was stuck on hard mode for a while and dropped it - need to get back to it eventually as I have #2 and 3 in my backlog... There are some good guides around - would recommend using them as there are many missables.

On 9/2/2020 at 6:14 PM, TheSleepyBeauty said:

Any short and sweet easy platinums that are worth getting in this deal? 

Riddled Corpses EX, if you like twin stick shooters.

Good fun and it took me about 8 hours to plat. I'd say it's about a 3/10 for difficulty (though it might seem harder at the beginning).

3 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

Well i got them in different order. :D

First Shadow of TR, then I got Rise of TR with IGC and now I completed the collection on this sale.

Tomb Raider Definitive edition @ 3 bucks, never been that cheap.

But players claim Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition's online is boring, and that's what stops me from buying the game every time it's on sale. :blush:

P.S. Sale has ended.

Edited by zizimonster

On 9/10/2020 at 3:07 PM, zizimonster said:

But players claim Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition's online is boring, and that's what stops me from buying the game every time it's on sale. :blush:

Should have bought it, anyway. Tomb Raider 2013 is outstanding, and the Definitive version is gorgeous. Most of the online can be done solo, too. I just streamed a show, while carrying health packs back and forth. I even stacked it, that's how good the campaign is. Missing out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

Should have bought it, anyway. Tomb Raider 2013 is outstanding, and the Definitive version is gorgeous. Most of the online can be done solo, too. I just streamed a show, while carrying health packs back and forth. I even stacked it, that's how good the campaign is. Missing out.

Couldn't agree more, the campaign is amazing. I played it on PC almost a decade ago. 

• Like 1