Chapter 5 The Race Discussions

Oo_pommes_oO

My advice is just this: don't be afraid of the brakes. 

I have watched(via share screen) my friend struggling for an hour or so until I managed to convince him to let go of R2 and brake. He did it in 20 minutes after that. My friend is really bad at racing games, yeah. 

• Like 1

Seriously? There's like 10 threads on this topic in the forum, including at least 3 created specifically to complain about how unfair the race is, it didn't need a new thread. If you are having difficulty, read through them as they have many tips and many different videos showing various ways to tackle it.

• Like 1

Stick at it, you can do this! I posted some tips on a different thread, hopefully they help you.

1. Out-brake and then use the other cars as a buffer to rest on when going into the first corner, you can easily pass 7 or 8 cars this way. If you spin out cos of heavy contact then start again

2. Use the grass on the next two corners to pass on the inside. This should bring you to at least 5th place

3. Bide your time and try to get into 3rd spot by the end of lap 1. This will guarantee you the win because a car crashes at the chicane on lap 2 and then another car crashes near the end of lap 3

4. There is some white paint markings on the road to look out for just before turn 1, that's your braking point in laps 2 and 3

5. The chicane - it's probably the hardest corner and it's where you're most likely to crash cos you're coming into it at speed and its tempting just to cut the corner and fly through it. I found it best to ease off the throttle at the top of the hill and brake once firmly before entering the chicane. Don't cut the corner too much or you'll flip up uncontrollably into the air.

6. The last 3 turns - don't brake, just ease off the throttle for a second then accelerate out of the bend

7. Don't try to go too fast, you'll just make a mistake and spin out or run wide

8. Watch out for cars behind passing you on the start/finish line, just block them off if they look like they're gaining on you and they won't get past. That is the only time to use rear view

Be patient and don't get riled up if you spin out of if it doesn't go to plan. Sooner rather than later you'll start noticing an improvement in how it's going.

On my successful lap I was in third place halfway through lap 2, when the car in front flipped on the chicane it took out the other car as well Leaving me in 1st place and a nice run to the finish line 1f642.png1f3c6.png

Edited by junior107

I guess the people who are having trouble are those who don’t play racing games? Because I thought the race is not difficult at all. 

I'm also guessing the lack of ABS on sim driving difficulty messes with people’s breaking cause their wheels lock up. 

• Like 3

In my experience the only real race is the first lap after that if your in 1st place you can afford to slack back and take turns at your own pace I rarely had any cars try to pass after the 1st lap for some reason they just slow down and cruise cause I was taking turns at a slow pace and had no worries they all stayed back till the final stretch of the laps those just kind of wide swerve just Incase any try but they didn't for me

I’m an F1 fan so it was pretty easy. Did it second time on my first play through and first time on the hardest difficulty. Just make sure you brake early enough to make the corner, let go of the brakes once the tyres lock up (sim driving difficulty only) and hug the inside line. Approaching the tight left-right chicane, lift off the throttle because going through there flat, over the curbs never ends well. 

Edited by KMan34

I did the Race in 20 min , what i did was using the speed limiter on the u-turn, when the AI started breaking (for the other laps, I did it way earlier , let off the gas and break tapping, not holding as the car has no abs ), while u turn the corner use the ram function (x) while not accelerating, to be faster around the corner, i also did that with the ram in basically every corner, which helped a lot to be 1st on the 1st lap and winning by a few sec. I rather say it was not my idea i saw some tipps on Reddit and combined them together. Hope it will help some to get it as the rest of the game is pretty easy to do?.

Good luck everyone

On 16/02/2023 at 8:57 AM, Guardian_owl said:

Seriously? There's like 10 threads on this topic in the forum, including at least 3 created specifically to complain about how unfair the race is, it didn't need a new thread. If you are having difficulty, read through them as they have many tips and many different videos showing various ways to tackle it.

This thread was has been going since 2020, what are you on about?

• 3 weeks later...

The craziest thing is that there are mostly two types of people concerning this trophy and other diffuclt ones that have no easy way through. People will either say it's the craziest and most difficult trophy ever and others will say it took them 2-3 tries. 

I gotta admit, the race was frustriating as hell. It was similar to the original (although I remember in the original game on PC there was a glitch that could have been used to win it effortless), but for me personally driving on PS is way more difficult that on PC. And truth is, it is no way you could rush your way through this mission. I struggled even with returning from Luca Bertone and the race itself took me a few dozens tries. The worst try was when I crashed on the last but one straight on my third lap while being first. I needed a break and a cup of coffee before I returned to it.

For anyone who would want to go through my comment. Brake not by pressing constantly but more like pulsating. And take your time. There is no magic solution here. But that's good. Getting it tastes better this way :)

• 4 months later...

Unsurprisingly I belong to the 4-hour club, since I hate racing games and suck at them. It's a huge relief when you finally get it done though : I was having a blast with the beginning of the game and it's great when you can finally move on from this single horrible chapter. I disagree with some previous poster, the experience is very much akin to Trackmania in terms of difficulty, frustration and unforgiving controls.

Edited by JeManquedHygiene

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it helps or not, for me it did... and I'm not sure if anyone already mentioned it but, instead of using the L2 button to brake on tight turns, I pressed the Touch Pad instead after the billboard sign (in first turn) and the curve before the descent part to make the car brakes faster and safer (at least I got better results this way)

Here's a video of my run after half an hour playing and another half reading tricks.

Good luck everyone ?